Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,183 times)

Drukathi

Drukathi

This is what I call this subgenre - at the moutains of madness - atmom. The thing in itself. Blending multiple genres to create a unique subgenre. Like souls-like subgenre. Own niche.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 13, 2020, 10:19:57 PM
Quote from: Drukathi on Dec 13, 2020, 10:14:52 PM
Plot twist:
They found engineers catacombs under the Antarctica. To explore the ruins and to hide the work, they will create a settlement - the prototype of Hadley's Hope. With the help of some engineering technology, they will build an orbital elevator in that place - the Antartica Station.

But but! Prometheus is already a snobby AVP :o
More than you think.

TurokSwe

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 13, 2020, 10:19:57 PM
Quote from: Drukathi on Dec 13, 2020, 10:14:52 PM
Plot twist:
They found engineers catacombs under the Antarctica. To explore the ruins and to hide the work, they will create a settlement - the prototype of Hadley's Hope. With the help of some engineering technology, they will build an orbital elevator in that place - the Antartica Station.

But but! Prometheus is already a snobby AVP :o

That's really funny!  :laugh:

Evanus

Feel like they'll just ignore the prequels honestly. With Scott involved I hope it's connected to Prometheus at least, but I dunno. The whole premise seems to contradict the prequels, assuming it's set before them and includes Xenomorphs. Really hope I'm wrong though.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 13, 2020, 10:24:54 PM
At Under the Mountains of Madness

His madness!

Quote from: Evanus on Dec 13, 2020, 10:46:33 PM
Feel like they'll just ignore the prequels honestly. With Scott involved I hope it's connected to Prometheus at least, but I dunno. The whole premise seems to contradict the prequels, assuming it's set before them and includes Xenomorphs. Really hope I'm wrong though.

We still don't know anything about the plot, but if so ... they can recontextualize elements from the prequels. They can even improve them, like in Alex White's The Cold Forge.

Master

Yeah, I was pointing it out few pages ago. It's great possibility to combine and sort out all prequels in some manner. They already kinda did similar thing with The Mandalorian.

Highland

Just "finding some shit" goes against the prequels in a big big way. It's going to be interesting that's for sure. I'm not even sure why they would mention the "set on Earth.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Highland on Dec 14, 2020, 12:03:52 AM
I'm not even sure why they would mention the "set on Earth.

Yeah, that's a hell of a big "reveal" to drop without even some slight context. You'd think they would have either played that card close to their chest and not said it yet, or say it with a little bit more detail to accompany it.

judge death

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 14, 2020, 12:06:36 AM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 14, 2020, 12:03:52 AM
I'm not even sure why they would mention the "set on Earth.

Yeah, that's a hell of a big "reveal" to drop without even some slight context. You'd think they would have either played that card close to their chest and not said it yet, or say it with a little bit more detail to accompany it.
Or they planned this as good as they did with the star wars movies, not at all :P

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

I hope linedolf stays away the only decent work he has every done was lost and prometheus everything  else is hot garbage

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Hopefully is more like Mando's show 😬

Quote from: Master on Dec 13, 2020, 11:55:03 PM
Yeah, I was pointing it out few pages ago. It's great possibility to combine and sort out all prequels in some manner. They already kinda did similar thing with The Mandalorian.

I agree. There is a retcon (maybe two) on Boba Fett, not to mention all the legends stuff that are canon now thanks to the show.

Anyway, I don't really like the "set on Earth" concept. It is not only because of the bad taste that Requiem left me. Is that when I think of Alien, I want to feel it as a distant threat that is in the dark and far corners of the universe, some kind of Great Filter, in the context of the Fermi paradox. Before the prequels,  I thought the Alien was the great filter for the Space Jockeys, as in cosmic horror. But hey, there we have The Call of Cthulhu, At the Mountains of Madness, The Nameless City or Who Goes There?; all good examples of Eldritch Horror set on Earth.

Anyway, I'd rather have something located on Mars, one of Jupiter's moons, or even our moon. A futuristic version of the international space station wouldn't be bad either.

Also, Aliens on Earth in a near future make Ripley's tantrum at Gateway Station kinda funny  :laugh:

But yeah, we still don't know anything about the show. And even more importantly, it all depends on good writing and good execution. In addition, TV series offer interesting possibilities in relation to character development and worldbuilding in general.

Necronomicon II

Both AVP and Prom borrowed from At the Mountains of Madness, then again the premise is fairly archetypal; peeps find ancient tomb/pyramid they shouldn't have, shit goes down, etc.

As far as canon is concerned, well, there's contradictory media here and there, yes, Bill Paxton also appears as two separate characters in Aliens and Predator 2 lmao, but I go by the WY manual.  8)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Dec 14, 2020, 06:14:44 AM
Both AVP and Prom borrowed from At the Mountains of Madness,

Given that both Weyland were part of the expedition. Both were dying, and their impending deaths are key part behind their motivations (Charles wanted historical immortality, and Peter biological immortality), I'd say Prom borrowed from AVP and the last from At the Mountains of Madness   :laugh:

But yeah, is as archetypal as Hero's journey :laugh:

Thanks Tutankhamun!

irn

They might play it safe by not directly acknowledging or dismissing the prequels. At first at least.

Necronomicon II

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 14, 2020, 10:42:00 AM
Quote from: Necronomicon II on Dec 14, 2020, 06:14:44 AM
Both AVP and Prom borrowed from At the Mountains of Madness,

Given that both Weyland were part of the expedition. Both were dying, and their impending deaths are key part behind their motivations (Charles wanted historical immortality, and Peter biological immortality), I'd say Prom borrowed from AVP and the last from At the Mountains of Madness   :laugh:

But yeah, is as archetypal as Hero's journey :laugh:

https://i.ibb.co/x5QymK5/fa1c01aa-8aa8-4329-9833-c59b345148d7.gif

Thanks Tutankhamun!

It's been so long since I've seen AVP 🤣, but yeah the dying patriarch clamouring for more life in itself is not a bad idea and has been explored in many a story, it's everything else in AVP...😂

Voodoo Magic

I can see this series in some remote location, communication cut off from the rest of the world. A self contained event not on the books. Sort of like AvP or AvPR to a degree, but hopefully better? Hopefully much better?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed