Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,188 times)

TC

Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 13, 2020, 12:16:03 AM
I worked with Noah Hawley years ago and go to talking with him. Obviously, his shows have been good and I trust him, but I just can't wrap my head around why anyone would make an Alien prequel set on Earth. Unless we are talking about after Covenant and taking off from there. Still, doesn't anyone else see the problem with xenos on earth before Ripley? Because its just seems like waving a flag around that says "Prequel mistake 101" to me.

He should just say it's a reboot, "alternative timeline," kind of deal. That would explain it.

10 years ago that sort of thing would cause a mass uprising. Nowadays, it's so common... everyone gets it.

TC

judge death

Well on a different matter: Some here say tv-series are better than movies but most tv-series Ive seen have had watered down conceopts and quality of what a movie would bring in, better quality in screen/cameras and effects while tv-series always thinks about budgets more strict and saves in on effects and most episodes are just fillers which to me is tiresome.
Looking at terminator sarah connor chronicles, games of thrones, robocop, firefly/serenity, etc.

Also alien is horror and no tv series I have watched has ever done good horror, drama maybe but so slowpace that one wont be afraid or jump or start nervously talk due to how scary it is, I doubt a tvseries can reach the horror level of the thing, alien/s, evil dead 1, the descent etc.
I dont see a tv series managing doing that episode after episode of nail birting gore and horrors that alien fans want.

Hatemorph

I'm not excited, but that's just me.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 13, 2020, 08:10:25 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 13, 2020, 04:47:01 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 13, 2020, 04:42:38 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 13, 2020, 03:52:58 AM
Being set "far after Prometheus" absolutely sounds reasonable... which makes what makes the timeframe they described in the reveal so confusing.

Still hoping it was to explain to the investors it'd be a hundred years or so out, rather than deep future like other shows that might be on the go.

I am absolutely hoping the same, but the same terminology was used on the Tweet to announce it to the public as well:

https://twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/1337170861179117572

Is the whole thing verbatim, or just that phrase?

The exact phrasing in the conference was slightly different, but sells the same concept: "...set not too far into our future, it's the first Alien story set on Earth."

David Weyland

David Weyland

A tie into a following film for or this series serving as the basis for concluding the prequel story would be ideal for me

Miguel

Whatever this Alien series, the horror of the original film, the action of the second part or the mystery and philosophy of the prequels, I will be happy as long as it is well produced.

TurokSwe

This is all too exciting! Hoping that, since it's set on Earth, this ties into the Alien Queen which is still frozen in Antarctica or some Xenomorph remnant from Gunnison, Colorado (even they may perhaps go in a different direction). It also has to be noted that this taking place in the very near future would almost certainly suggest that they are ignoring the idea of David being the creator of the Xenomorphs (an idea which was already contradicted by the official novelization among various other related materials by the way) and so hopefully this issue will finally be put to rest. I think this might be good!  8)

Nightmare Asylum

Seeing as they are billing this as "the first Alien story set on Earth," I very much doubt they are going to take anything from the two AVP films that were set on Earth into consideration.

As it stands, even under Disney/20th Century Studios it looks like the Alien, Predator, and AVP properties are still being kept separate for now.

Drukathi

No matter how strong the Alien Queen is, the pressure of the water will turn her into a pancake. And then the sea current will scatter her remains like Engineer's molecules. The likelihood of finding Ripley's blood samples on Fury-161 is much higher than the queen's body on the seabed.
So, with the power of logic there is no chance of continuing AvP.

skhellter

Quote from: CainsSon on Dec 13, 2020, 12:16:03 AM
I worked with Noah Hawley years ago and go to talking with him. Obviously, his shows have been good and I trust him, but I just can't wrap my head around why anyone would make an Alien prequel set on Earth. Unless we are talking about after Covenant and taking off from there. Still, doesn't anyone else see the problem with xenos on earth before Ripley? Because its just seems like waving a flag around that says "Prequel mistake 101" to me.

"Earth stuff" will probably be:

we meet the characters here before going on a journey to another planet with them.
OR.. they find some Engineer structure here on Earth. (ripping off AVP again, just like Prometheus did).
OR.. the Aliens finally reach our planet and it's full on War of the Worlds mayhem. (but on a tv budget.. don't think so)

Who knows.
Lots of ways that this could go wrong.. and lots of ways for it to go right.

Drukathi

Can we predict the appearance of some Ripley ancestor?

BlueMarsalis79

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlienAnthology/status/834040002656899074

Anyone remember this here?
Makes one wonder indeed.
If this existed in the plans for a long time.

Highland

I mean the company could have just sent another ship to the Prometheus planet where the Deacon is. I doubt it's going to be full on earth infestation obviously. It might just be an island facility that's over run and the likes.

skhellter

skhellter

my main bet is still on "WY finds an ancient Engineer structure on Earth, deep underground.."
Set sometime after Alien3.

Or

WY manages to dig up the Derelict (which magically survived the blast in Aliens) on LV426 and they bring it home.

(Not a fan of either idea.. and definitely not a fan of the Earth setting in this)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Hey, uh, Mr. Engineer sir? You could have saved everyone a lot of trouble if you just pointed down at that ancient relic you left behind instead of up to LV-223.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed