Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,779 times)

Evanus

Nightmare Asylum

I am still crossing my fingers in hopes that elements form the prequels aren't totally swept under the rug here. I'm less optimistic about David having a future....

I just hope that one day very soon they come out and actually explain what "set not too far in the future here on Earth" means.

Ahsoka

With Ridley Scott involved, I hope it will tie-in with Prometheus/Covenant in some ways.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 12, 2020, 01:21:28 PM
Btw. This tv show project is an old project brought back to life due to Disney acquiring Fox.

That's why I'm betting this won't acknowledge the prequels, and when asked, Noah will say he had no intention of confirming or denying the prequels and was simply focused on his own story. It sounds like the ideas for this show may predate the revelation that David made the aliens.

So we'll be left to debate if the prequels aren't canon at all or if the revelation that David is the creator has just been Rise-of-Skywalker'd.

Master

I'm cool with David being a creator not the creator ( though I still wonder where he conveniently hid all of the equipment necessary for genetical manipulation on molecular level,  which he would need to "make" aliens). I'm cool none of the prequels being mentioned  ( I mean AvP and Ridleyverse). I'm cool with nods to both. Basically let the games  begin . We'll surely comment it later.

Immortan Jonesy

Cmon fellas. We should be cautiously optimistic. I predict that this show is going to give us the best of both worlds: horror, mystery and industrial future with people who hate each other but who have to work together for a cold and evil megacorporation; as in Alien. All that seasoned with the exquisite doses of action and militaristic gizmos + Vietnam War fetish of Cameron.

And as for David, he will be killed in a motorcycle accident like his hero T. E. Lawrence, While he's driving down an alien highway of Origae 6.

Unfortunately but mostly fortunately, I never predict anything  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

I want to believe. I really, genuinely do. And I dig Hawely. I am trying to go in with an open mind for sure, but also - I really want to know what the hell they mean by "set not too far in the future here on Earth."

I wish someone had an interview with Hawley and/or Scott ready to publish after this announcement, since Disney just breezed right through this unveiling at their conference.

son_of_kane

Quote from: David's Creation on Dec 12, 2020, 06:46:05 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Dec 12, 2020, 01:21:28 PM
Btw. This tv show project is an old project brought back to life due to Disney acquiring Fox.

That's why I'm betting this won't acknowledge the prequels, and when asked, Noah will say he had no intention of confirming or denying the prequels and was simply focused on his own story. It sounds like the ideas for this show may predate the revelation that David made the aliens.

So we'll be left to debate if the prequels aren't canon at all or if the revelation that David is the creator has just been Rise-of-Skywalker'd.

It will certainly be interesting to see what happens regarding David, the engineers and the alien pathogen. The level of involvement Ridley has with the show will be key of course. We don't know right now how hands-on he is going to be. If he ends up directing a few episodes, there will almost certainly be some of the prequel elements intertwined with the narrative.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 12, 2020, 10:35:58 PM
I want to believe. I really, genuinely do. And I dig Hawely. I am trying to go in with an open mind for sure, but also - I really want to know what the hell they mean by "set not too far in the future here on Earth."

I wish someone had an interview with Hawley and/or Scott ready to publish after this announcement, since Disney just breezed right through this unveiling at their conference.

It's never going to happen, but I'd love to see a Mad Max-style dystopia with elements of bio-punk and Scorn video game, taking place after Resurrection.

I think it would be interesting for an anthology series that explores different parts of the timeline with each season.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: son_of_kane on Dec 12, 2020, 10:45:33 PM
It will certainly be interesting to see what happens regarding David, the engineers and the alien pathogen. The level of involvement Ridley has with the show will be key of course. We don't know right now how hands-on he is going to be. If he ends up directing a few episodes, there will almost certainly be some of the prequel elements intertwined with the narrative.

I know I've said it before in the thread, but I would love for Ridley's relationship with Noah Hawley on this show to be similar to his relationship with Aaron Guzikowski on Raised by Wolves.

Raised by Wolves is Guzikowski's show, which was brought to ScottFree and Ridley became enamored by it. He was intricately involved in the design and visual style of Guzikowski's narrative, helping hash all of that out during an extensive pre-production period, and and went on to actually direct the first to episodes to really anchor down the style of the show, and the rest of the directing staff followed suit over the next eight episodes. It is very much Aaron Guzikowski's series, but with so much of that Ridley DNA now imbued in it. From the sound of things, Ridley likely won't be returning to direct any episodes in the show's second season, but his finger prints are already all over the project now, and Guzikowski is a strong showrunner that can really run with the material. If the same happens here that doesn't automatically mean that we'll be getting David/Pathogen elements coming into play, as it is Noah Hawley's story at the end of the day, but only time will tell for any of this...

I'd also love if this series existing doesn't necessarily mean that the Covenant sequel won't happen. Theoretically, however slim it may be, there's a chance that we might get both.

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 12, 2020, 10:54:14 PM
I think it would be interesting for an anthology series that explores different parts of the timeline with each season.

And given Hawley's ongoing work on Fargo, another anthology series (and also for FX), there is definitely precedent that this could be something along those lines...

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 12, 2020, 10:56:52 PM
And given Hawley's ongoing work on Fargo, another anthology series (and also for FX), there is definitely precedent that this could be something along those lines...

Perhaps if the series is successful (and as long as it is an anthology), one of the seasons could fill the gap between Alien Covenant and Alien.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 12, 2020, 11:01:48 PM

Perhaps if the series is successful (and as long as it is an anthology), one of the seasons could fill the gap between Alien Covenant and Alien.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Dec 12, 2020, 11:01:48 PM

Ja. And don't forget the gap between Alien and Blade Runner.

Two seasons should do.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: kwisatz on Dec 12, 2020, 11:27:04 PM
Ja. And don't forget the gap between Alien and Blade Runner.

Disney hasn't eaten Warner Bros yet, as far as I'm aware.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I have it on good authority that they are in troubled waters.

They could hire DV to help and consult. Streaming is teh future.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed