Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 206,340 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I wonder now if those comments from Ridley Scott back in September, about another prequel that isn't quite part of the Prometheus/Alien: Covenant string of events, might have been related to this project?

Quote"That's in process. We went down a route to try and reinvent the wheel with Prometheus and Covenant," he enthused. "Whether or not we go directly back to that is doubtful because Prometheus woke it up very well. But you know, you're asking fundamental questions like, 'Has the Alien himself, the facehugger, the chestburster, have they all run out of steam? Do you have to rethink the whole bloody thing and simply use the word to franchise?' That's always the fundamental question."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonthompson/2020/09/02/ridley-scott-interview-raised-by-wolves-hbo-max-alien-franchise-future-sequel-news/?sh=720e90645831

BlueMarsalis79

Perhaps it is a prequel in a sense to Resurrection.

bb-15

(I saw the video about this on the AVP Galaxy YouTube channel.)

I'm excited. I have no expectations Disney/Fox except for this;
Get the TV series done.
And I hope it's successful.

;)

Evanus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 12, 2020, 01:29:00 AM
I wonder now if those comments from Ridley Scott back in September, about another prequel that isn't quite part of the Prometheus/Alien: Covenant string of events, might have been related to this project?

Quote"That's in process. We went down a route to try and reinvent the wheel with Prometheus and Covenant," he enthused. "Whether or not we go directly back to that is doubtful because Prometheus woke it up very well. But you know, you're asking fundamental questions like, 'Has the Alien himself, the facehugger, the chestburster, have they all run out of steam? Do you have to rethink the whole bloody thing and simply use the word to franchise?' That's always the fundamental question."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonthompson/2020/09/02/ridley-scott-interview-raised-by-wolves-hbo-max-alien-franchise-future-sequel-news/?sh=720e90645831
Hmm, I did think it was odd how he mentioned not going back to what he did with Prometheus/Covenant, while a few months before he said he was still working on the third prequel.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Evanus on Dec 12, 2020, 02:35:17 AM

Hmm, I did think it was odd how he mentioned not going back to what he did with Prometheus/Covenant, while a few months before he said he was still working on the third prequel.

Yeah. And given his involvement in this show, to whatever extent that may be, it does almost feel like this particular Ridley Ramble (I want to trademark that term) might actually be reflective of that transition from a Covenant sequel to this show...

Necronomicon II

Season 1 could just be about smuggling a finger from a facehugger past quarantine.  :D

BlueMarsalis79

I do love a good ramble.

St_Eddie

Alright, calm down, Florenz Friedrich Sigismund.

Dingbat

Well, they said it's the first Alien story set on earth, right? Therefore the AVP movies can't be in this timeline, given that they were both on earth. Or did they forget that they made those?

Stolen

I have absolutely no hype for this despite Ridley's presence.

I don't think the serial format fits Alien.
For me, Alien is meant to be an experience and not something you see everywhere.

Look at Star Wars, today it looks like nothing. Ten series, ten films, tons of projects, horrible and intrusive merchandising.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Dec 12, 2020, 02:48:17 AM
Season 1 could just be about smuggling a finger from a facehugger past quarantine.  :D

I wrote a big thing about it once, but the tl;dr is season 1, corporate conspiracy starring our colonial marine anti-heroes who discover their consciences during the story, with the Alien being mostly a distant plot device. Season 2, basically Labyrinth with a bigger cast.

No season 3, or a fresh plot after that.

Kradan

Quote from: Stolen on Dec 12, 2020, 09:03:32 AM
I have absolutely no hype for this despite Ridley's presence.

I don't think the serial format fits Alien.
For me, Alien is meant to be an experience and not something you see everywhere.

Look at Star Wars, today it looks like nothing. Ten series, ten films, tons of projects, horrible and intrusive merchandising.

I'm excited for this series but I see your point, yeah

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Stolen on Dec 12, 2020, 09:03:32 AMI don't think the serial format fits Alien.

That's assuming the Alien's going to be in it constantly, or that the story won't be contained to a distinct location.

skhellter

skhellter

Not just that. Right after Covenant failed to do well:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/hollywood-rethinks-key-movie-franchises-a-mixed-summer-at-box-office-1022322/item/alien-studios-rethink-franchise-films-1022312
QuoteSources say Fox will have to reassess two intended sequels Scott has pitched while he is off helming Getty kidnapping movie All the Money in the World and then drug lord drama The Cartel.

as well as:

https://variety.com/2017/film/features/stacey-snider-21st-century-fox-first-year-1202563799/
Quote"It was a disappointment, but I trust Ridley [Scott] and Emma [Watts] to know the right story when they find it. When universes are as rich as "Alien," they can stay in a too familiar groove — in which case you're in trouble — but they can also find a planet or a storyline or a villain that also lives in that universe that can be groundbreaking."

The idea of a Fassbender led 3rd prequel movie seems to have been off the cards for a while, now.

Btw. This tv show project is an old project brought back to life due to Disney acquiring Fox. Wonder how Disney feels about the old Weaver/Blomkamp movie.

Necronomicon II

My dreams of muhrines being sodomised by David's juicy biomechanoids will remain a dream.  :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed