Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 209,929 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2020, 02:31:06 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 02:12:17 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Dec 11, 2020, 02:01:49 PM
Yep. It'd be weird if Scott is involved while they totally ignore the prequels. I can only hope the Covenant sequel is still in the works after this.

Given Hawley's Fargo history, I almost wonder if this is an anthology, and maybe one of the seasons might be an actual Covenant followup.

Given the lack of subtitle so far...it might be a possibility. And honestly, I'd love it.

In before they title it "Alien: Anthology" :D

Got any more details that you can't share with us yet, Hicks? ;)

Necronomicon II

Yeah spill yer cornbread  :D

Corporal Hicks

Haha. We're aware of some further details that cannot currently be shared.

Nightmare Asylum

I will take your use of gif in conjunction with that statement as official confirmation that this show is centered around David. ;)

Necronomicon II

Ah man, bless that horny android.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 02:39:50 PM
I will take your use of gif in conjunction with that statement as official confirmation that this show is centered around David. ;)

:laugh: take it however you want it. Just don't blame me for setting your own expectations.  :P

Nightmare Asylum

In all seriousness though, since I'm sure Disney is going to do all they can to distance themselves from the prequels and certainly won't be featuring David (gotta get Alien and Aliens in that announcement as buzzwords! Back to the basics! ::))... I just hope that they are at least willing to take some risks with the material the way that the prequels did, even if they are totally different risks. I really it isn't just a situation where, somehow, there are Aliens on Earth and the first half of the season plays out like long-form claustrophobic Alien, and then the second half expands in scale to an Aliens-type invasion, and that's all. Doing that would just seem really, really reductive to me.

God, I'm chomping at the bit to learn more about what we're in store for. I'm super nervous about the whole enterprise. Show me something new and exciting here, Hawley...

Crossing my fingers and really hoping for the best, but if all else fails, at least I have season two of this to look forward to. And I already know full well that I'm loving what this show is doing.

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2020, 11:05:26 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 11, 2020, 03:06:43 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 02:31:50 AM
I jumped the gun on making this thread without realizing that the discourse would be happening in the old thread. Feel free to lock and/or merge!

We wait for the great Hicksmoses!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/853a136385c0e2b1660cd5247279943f/tenor.gif

And sorted!

So this was what we'd been teasing, so now everyone knows!

I've yet to watch Legion or Fargo, but it's on my to-do-list but from what we've read from Noah about the show, I'm very excited to see his approach! It'll be worth seeing who is actually called the showrunner, because regardless of EPs, it's the showrunner who calls the shots really when it comes to the TV shows.

I do agree in terms of it'd be nice to see Scott actually direct one or two though,  I'd like him not to be too hands-on with the narrative though. I'm still not sure I trust him in that regards anymore. But they'll never be any denying his visual mastery!

Quote from: Master on Dec 11, 2020, 07:38:45 AM
Earth setting? Not to distant future?  Maybe they'll fish out Alien Queen from shores of Bovotoya  :D I'm not even joking, think about it! Confined underground lab with outbreak in it can easily be done on earth without spacecrafts and can have vibe similar to Aliens. Plus, I would explain how the company knew about alien in first place.

The Earth thing is a little concerning, but nothing to yet get turned around about. Be worth seeing how it's going to handled. I wouldn't go as far as suggesting it be a sequel to AvP, but something along the lines of contained story like a specific lab, secreted away or something seems like a good bet.

The near-future thing...again, too early to really be up in arms about it. I mean, Prometheus is in like 70 years. Is that near-future? Or are they actually meaning the near-future of Predator 2? Then I might be a little upset. I dunno, will have to see how it comes together.

But I'm excited! TV shows have been so damn strong lately! And Noah has such a good rep. Hulu is also going world-wide soon (has it gone already?) so that's promising for distribution too!

I`m not hoping it`s sequel to Anderson`s AvP, but using the very same Queen and then go foreward into more Alien centered story would be neat little treat for hardcore fans! I do get the feeling you know more then you can tell Boss and that at least some of our speculation are more or less accurate ;)

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 03:07:47 PM
In all seriousness though, since I'm sure Disney is going to do all they can to distance themselves from the prequels and certainly won't be featuring David (gotta get Alien and Aliens in that announcement as buzzwords! Back to the basics! ::))... I just hope that they are at least willing to take some risks with the material the way that the prequels did, even if they are totally different risks. I really it isn't just a situation where, somehow, there are Aliens on Earth and the first half of the season plays out like long-form claustrophobic Alien, and then the second half expands in scale to an Aliens-type invasion, and that's all. Doing that would just seem really, really reductive to me.

God, I'm chomping at the bit to learn more about what we're in store for. I'm super nervous about the whole enterprise. Show me something new and exciting here, Hawley...

Crossing my fingers and really hoping for the best, but if all else fails, at least I have season two of this to look forward to. And I already know full well that I'm loving what this show is doing.

Well I do like some of the concepts from RbW, some I really don`t. For me the best thing of this show so far is the intro :P

Nightmare Asylum

No way they're going to be using the Queen from AVP. Or, well, anything from AVP.

I do wonder if we might see some sort of Engineer pyramid/installation hidden on Earth though, given this:

We know there have been all kinds of cave paintings and the like on Earth from Prometheus. But an actual installation would be... a whole different level. I'm struggling to think of anything set on Earth that feels "right" to me.

Quote from: Master on Dec 11, 2020, 03:43:03 PM
Well I do like some of the concepts from RbW, some I really don`t. For me the best thing of this show so far is the intro :P

To each their own! I find it to be the most refreshing and inventive science-fiction series since Ron Moore's BSG.

Voodoo Magic

Nightmare Asylum

Also, another thing. I am confused about Ridley's involvement. In the Investor announcement, they explicitly say "...working alongside Sir Ridley Scott." So why are all of the trades reporting "Ridley Scott in Talks to Executive Produce?"

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/alien-series-noah-hawley-ridley-scott-fx-1234850109/

Jacku

Would be sweet if this was an Anthology series with stories based on new and adapted ideas. Like one season based on DNA war another on Phalanx.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2020, 01:02:28 PM
Quote from: Jacku on Dec 11, 2020, 12:17:30 PM
About the Earth setting, I like the way sci-fi Earth is seen in some Dark Horse comics like Genocide (that started in earth right?) though I can't quite remember the specifics. I assume this shows version of Earth will be more 'normal' though.

Yeah, it started on Earth post-Alien invasion. The novel had teams sweeping through ruined cities looking for Alien hives too.

Was that the one were there was a drug or something made from Xeno jelly and a group of people visits an infested world to get more of the jelly?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 04:54:57 PM
Also, another thing. I am confused about Ridley's involvement. In the Investor announcement, they explicitly say "...working alongside Sir Ridley Scott." So why are all of the trades reporting "Ridley Scott in Talks to Executive Produce?"

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/alien-series-noah-hawley-ridley-scott-fx-1234850109/

Yeah, as far as I'm aware that's a done deal.

Quote from: Jacku on Dec 11, 2020, 04:57:20 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2020, 01:02:28 PM
Quote from: Jacku on Dec 11, 2020, 12:17:30 PM
About the Earth setting, I like the way sci-fi Earth is seen in some Dark Horse comics like Genocide (that started in earth right?) though I can't quite remember the specifics. I assume this shows version of Earth will be more 'normal' though.

Yeah, it started on Earth post-Alien invasion. The novel had teams sweeping through ruined cities looking for Alien hives too.

Was that the one were there was a drug or something made from Xeno jelly and a group of people visits an infested world to get more of the jelly?

That's right. That's the story that introduced Royal Jelly (aka Black Goo v1)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2020, 05:13:34 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 04:54:57 PM

Yeah, as far as I'm aware that's a done deal.

Good to hear.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 04:01:42 PM
No way they're going to be using the Queen from AVP. Or, well, anything from AVP.

God save the Ice Queen 😜

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 04:01:42 PM
I do wonder if we might see some sort of Engineer pyramid/installation hidden on Earth though, given this:

We know there have been all kinds of cave paintings and the like on Earth from Prometheus. But an actual installation would be... a whole different level. I'm struggling to think of anything set on Earth that feels "right" to me.

Perhaps the Engineers created proto-humans on Mars, and that is where they first used their biological weapons.

In addition, human culture is full of myths and legends, like Atlantis. I'm sure they can come up with something like that, while shoehorning the Engineer into the equation.

They can also ignore what Ridley has done. It's not like Ridley hasn't done it in the past, even with his Prometheus  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed