Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,673 times)

reecebomb

So what universe it's going to be set in, AvP, prequel or the original trilogy? All of which are different as far as I'm concerned. Near future set on earth, this will be shit no doubt about it, don't get your hopes up. Alien needs filmmakers who understand what made the originals so damn special, this sounds like another soulless project that was conceived in corporate meeting room.

son_of_kane

I hope there is a plausible and interesting explanation how the xenomorph is on Earth in the near future. If it is vague or not really addressed at all, that might be a deal-breaker for me. But I'm sure there will be. And if it is an underground lab/xenos break out/containment type scenario, that might be fun. An industrial espionage story woven in (rival companies trying to steal xeno secrets) would also be cool.

Jacku

Jacku

Quote from: Dingbat on Dec 11, 2020, 09:32:46 AM
I've been waiting for news for a long time, but I was hoping it wouldn't be this news, I'm not too keen on tv shows unless I can buy it all in one go, I just find it hard to keep watching if I have to take breaks for some reason.

Also, it's on Hulu and we don't have that in England, so I guess I'm not invited to the party anyway  :'(

For the UK and Europe I assume it'll go on the newly announced Star/Adult section of Disney+

About the Earth setting, I like the way sci-fi Earth is seen in some Dark Horse comics like Genocide (that started in earth right?) though I can't quite remember the specifics. I assume this shows version of Earth will be more 'normal' though.

GoroPredator

Noah is a far better and more interesting choice than Blomkamp. Hope they keep Ridley involved to some extent. Either way, It is great to see some movement with both the Alien and Predator franchise  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Jacku on Dec 11, 2020, 12:17:30 PM
About the Earth setting, I like the way sci-fi Earth is seen in some Dark Horse comics like Genocide (that started in earth right?) though I can't quite remember the specifics. I assume this shows version of Earth will be more 'normal' though.

Yeah, it started on Earth post-Alien invasion. The novel had teams sweeping through ruined cities looking for Alien hives too.

Mr. Clemens

Not subscribing to another service to watch a bunch of idiots in USCM gear running around Death Valley.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: P1NK8C1DBOOTS on Dec 11, 2020, 09:41:53 AM
This thread always makes me laugh - cant we just be happy knowing that we are getting new content.

Not enough is known yet about it to start forming opinions on its setting! Just be happy we are getting this!

I'm BEYOND excited to see where this goes  :)  :)  :)

Watching the investor panel yesterday, it was excruciating just how often they referred to all of their films and shows as "content" to be "consumed."

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely happy and excited to be getting more Alien - I just can't get properly "excited" until I hear more from Hawley about what his intentions actually are here. 'Cause the fact that it is set on Earth is a biggggggg shift, and they are really going to have to win me over now after that revelation. I don't want to see this as some apocalyptic, Earth invasion scenario. Alien isn't a zombie story. That should always be the fear, not the actual narrative. Them dropping Alien and Aliens like buzzwords, like they're the only two installments with any merit, also rubbed me the wrong way - it reminded me of the crass way that The Force Awakens was marketed.

I do have to keep in mind that this event was geared more towards investors than fans, though.... so maybe it won't be as safe as they're making it sound for the bean counters. I really do hope so. And as I've said before, I do really like what I've seen from Hawley. What I'm hearing from Mr. FX man, though, rubs me the wrong way.

I'm also pretty taken off guard that this seems to be coming at the expense of a sequel to Covenant. Now granted, Ridley is involved in this (hopefully in a way that amounts to more than just slapping his name on the poster - I would LOVE for his involvement to be something akin to his work on the first season of Raised By Wolves) so maybe some of his prequel ideas might resurface here, but I really loved the idea of David off in space making weird shit with all of his "volunteers" on board the Covenant. I hope this show's existence doesn't rule that project out completely.

Nightmare Asylum

I kind of hope we see another company here, as opposed to more WY. Like what Alex White has been doing, with Seegson pulling the strings in The Cold Forge and this new McAllen Integrations being at the forefront of Into Charybdis.

Evanus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 01:46:30 PM
Quote from: P1NK8C1DBOOTS on Dec 11, 2020, 09:41:53 AM
This thread always makes me laugh - cant we just be happy knowing that we are getting new content.

Not enough is known yet about it to start forming opinions on its setting! Just be happy we are getting this!

I'm BEYOND excited to see where this goes  :)  :)  :)

Watching the investor panel yesterday, it was excruciating just how often they referred to all of their films and shows as "content" to be "consumed."

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely happy and excited to be getting more Alien - I just can't get properly "excited" until I hear more from Hawley about what his intentions actually are here. 'Cause the fact that it is set on Earth is a biggggggg shift, and they are really going to have to win me over now after that revelation. I don't want to see this as some apocalyptic, Earth invasion scenario. Alien isn't a zombie story. That should always be the fear, not the actual narrative. Them dropping Alien and Aliens like buzzwords, like they're the only two installments with any merit, also rubbed me the wrong way - it reminded me of the crass way that The Force Awakens was marketed.

I do have to keep in mind that this event was geared more towards investors than fans, though.... so maybe it won't be as safe as they're making it sound for the bean counters. I really do hope so. And as I've said before, I do really like what I've seen from Hawley. What I'm hearing from Mr. FX man, though, rubs me the wrong way.

I'm also pretty taken off guard that this seems to be coming at the expense of a sequel to Covenant. Now granted, Ridley is involved in this (hopefully in a way that amounts to more than just slapping his name on the poster - I would LOVE for his involvement to be something akin to his work on the first season of Raised By Wolves) so maybe some of his prequel ideas might resurface here, but I really loved the idea of David off in space making weird shit with all of his "volunteers" on board the Covenant. I hope this show's existence doesn't rule that project out completely.
Yep. It'd be weird if Scott is involved while they totally ignore the prequels. I can only hope the Covenant sequel is still in the works after this.

jhudson

I can't help thinking that the major indication of how good it is going to be is that it was joylessly shat out of Disney production line announcements along with a load of other regurgitated crap

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Evanus on Dec 11, 2020, 02:01:49 PM
Yep. It'd be weird if Scott is involved while they totally ignore the prequels. I can only hope the Covenant sequel is still in the works after this.

Given Hawley's Fargo history, I almost wonder if this is an anthology, and maybe one of the seasons might be an actual Covenant followup.

Necronomicon II

I can see it starting on earth, setting up some key players, then venturing off into space.

Nightmare Asylum

I really hope the concept art or whatever they showed the investors during those 40ish seconds after the panel leaks...

Drukathi

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 11, 2020, 01:04:30 PM
If you think Noah Hawley's cookie cutter you have another thing coming:

Sort of spoilers for Legion FX.
(I have pushed this to friends since it started but it's difficult to show anything much without totally spoiling it..)

I encourage everyone to investigate our "new visionary" for the Alien Universe.
Just go see it.

I hope that the Alien will not have an atom of such an atmosphere.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 02:12:17 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Dec 11, 2020, 02:01:49 PM

Given Hawley's Fargo history, I almost wonder if this is an anthology, and maybe one of the seasons might be an actual Covenant followup.

Given the lack of subtitle so far...it might be a possibility. And honestly, I'd love it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed