Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 212,016 times)

Enjoy

Enjoy

i hope they put  out every episode at once so i can Binge.

Master

Earth setting? Not to distant future?  Maybe they'll fish out Alien Queen from shores of Bovotoya  :D I'm not even joking, think about it! Confined underground lab with outbreak in it can easily be done on earth without spacecrafts and can have vibe similar to Aliens. Plus, I would explain how the company knew about alien in first place.

SiL

I mean in Alien they translated the Jockey transmission. Seems a good explanation.

ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR

Will it be straight to the point of colonial marines vs the aliens on earth? That would be badass. Please no Prometheus or covenant expedition. Stay away from those horrible films and just only use Alien and Aliens as a guide. If this show is about the marines getting picked off one by one and trying to survive the terror then I will get the popcorn ready.

Master

Master

Quote from: SiL on Dec 11, 2020, 07:48:36 AM
I mean in Alien they translated the Jockey transmission. Seems a good explanation.

Right, they did. But how the hell did they knew about Lv-426 in first place?

Quote from: Highland on Dec 11, 2020, 01:24:49 AM
What if it's a continuation of the events of AVPR!

*Sets trap

Wrote about it in other thread. Queen fished out from shores of Bovotoya and boom! We've got Aliens on Earth in near future!

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 06:23:22 AM
The Earth setting is just... really starting to bum me out the more I think about it. As is the way they're using Alien and Aliens as buzzwords in the investor announcement video, as if those are the only two films with any merit and that they should just be replicated. I'm starting to get fearful that we might have a The Force Awakens on our hands.

I really want Alien as a franchise to keep embracing its weirder side and expand on that. Covenant set us down a very good path narratively, thematically, and visually, and I don't want to see that swept away for something more safe and by the numbers. I'm not saying this should be a direct sequel to Covenant (though I really, really want a direct sequel to Covenant) but I really don't want a series that just amounts to nothing more than an Alien/Aliens rehash.

I'm not going to be pessimistic about this yet - I don't really know anything about the show, so there is no reason to be pessimistic. And I do really like what I've seen of Fargo. I'm just praying above all else that it isn't going to play it too safe with the material, and that the Earth setting wasn't chosen solely for budgetary reasons - there has to be a genuine reason to warrant Earth, because as it stands, the whole series has been about why the Alien shouldn't reach Earth. And that begs another point - the "Earth War." I don't want to see this become some invasion of Earth scenario. I want something more offbeat and introspective and less of a shootemup. Action is great, I adore James Cameron's Aliens, but Aliens also didn't drop a ton of Aliens right on our doorstep like some zombie show.

Given Ridley's involvement (which I hope isn't an in name only thing), I do hope that we see some of his weirder sensibilities make their way into this project. And even more so, I hope that he contributes to the design and overall style of the show. Look at everything he brought to Raised By Wolves. I am so utterly in love with that show, and his pre-production design work and the visual style that he helped anchor by directing the first two episodes (along with Aaron Guzikowski's writing) set everything that RBW has been getting so right in motion. Hawley is a very good writer, and I believe the is a very good chance that his writing can do some great things here here despite some of my reservations about the presentation of this show on stage for the investors. I am crossing my fingers and hoping for something really cool here. I just... have reservations right now. I hope time and new information temper them.

I also hope that this doesn't rule out the possibility that we might eventually get Ridley's Covenant sequel.

Watch it just be a loose adaptation of the original DH comics without the named characters.

Rush Hour Rambo

''Earth man, what a shithole!''

Dingbat

I've been waiting for news for a long time, but I was hoping it wouldn't be this news, I'm not too keen on tv shows unless I can buy it all in one go, I just find it hard to keep watching if I have to take breaks for some reason.

Also, it's on Hulu and we don't have that in England, so I guess I'm not invited to the party anyway  :'(

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

This thread always makes me laugh - cant we just be happy knowing that we are getting new content.

Not enough is known yet about it to start forming opinions on its setting! Just be happy we are getting this!

I'm BEYOND excited to see where this goes  :)  :)  :)

HuDaFuK

I'm in. If nothing else it'll be different.

Is it bad that I hope Ridley isn't too involved...?

Quote from: Dingbat on Dec 11, 2020, 09:32:46 AMAlso, it's on Hulu and we don't have that in England, so I guess I'm not invited to the party anyway  :'(

It'll probably show up on TV or streaming somewhere.

Dingbat

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 11, 2020, 09:57:41 AM
I'm in. If nothing else it'll be different.

Is it bad that I hope Ridley isn't too involved...?

Quote from: Dingbat on Dec 11, 2020, 09:32:46 AMAlso, it's on Hulu and we don't have that in England, so I guess I'm not invited to the party anyway  :'(

It'll probably show up on TV or streaming somewhere.

Do you know how often Hulu stuff gets DVD releases?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Master on Dec 11, 2020, 08:09:50 AMRight, they did. But how the hell did they knew about Lv-426 in first place?

From the transmission.

Someone at the company picked it up and presumably at least partially decoded it before the Nostromo set off. Then they put Ash on board and rerouted the ship there to check it out.

Stompy the Perfect Xeno

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 11, 2020, 02:38:21 AM
Quote from: Stompy the Perfect Xeno on Dec 11, 2020, 12:11:20 AM
Ridley Scott is involved? There goes my anticipation.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out, pal.

Wow. How mature. I will remind you of your words when this series is all about androids, life and creation.
Friendo.  :-*

Actually I might laugh, when this here is the only shot of an Alien in Season One.

And the movie "Outland" is the better Alien universe than the actual series. Fingers crossed that Hawley is the boss. Not the "father" of the Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 11, 2020, 03:06:43 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 11, 2020, 02:31:50 AM
I jumped the gun on making this thread without realizing that the discourse would be happening in the old thread. Feel free to lock and/or merge!

We wait for the great Hicksmoses!

https://media1.tenor.com/images/853a136385c0e2b1660cd5247279943f/tenor.gif

And sorted!

So this was what we'd been teasing, so now everyone knows!

I've yet to watch Legion or Fargo, but it's on my to-do-list but from what we've read from Noah about the show, I'm very excited to see his approach! It'll be worth seeing who is actually called the showrunner, because regardless of EPs, it's the showrunner who calls the shots really when it comes to the TV shows.

I do agree in terms of it'd be nice to see Scott actually direct one or two though,  I'd like him not to be too hands-on with the narrative though. I'm still not sure I trust him in that regards anymore. But they'll never be any denying his visual mastery!

Quote from: Master on Dec 11, 2020, 07:38:45 AM
Earth setting? Not to distant future?  Maybe they'll fish out Alien Queen from shores of Bovotoya  :D I'm not even joking, think about it! Confined underground lab with outbreak in it can easily be done on earth without spacecrafts and can have vibe similar to Aliens. Plus, I would explain how the company knew about alien in first place.

The Earth thing is a little concerning, but nothing to yet get turned around about. Be worth seeing how it's going to handled. I wouldn't go as far as suggesting it be a sequel to AvP, but something along the lines of contained story like a specific lab, secreted away or something seems like a good bet.

The near-future thing...again, too early to really be up in arms about it. I mean, Prometheus is in like 70 years. Is that near-future? Or are they actually meaning the near-future of Predator 2? Then I might be a little upset. I dunno, will have to see how it comes together.

But I'm excited! TV shows have been so damn strong lately! And Noah has such a good rep. Hulu is also going world-wide soon (has it gone already?) so that's promising for distribution too!

David Weyland

I don't think Ridley Scott would sign up to executive producer if they were going to trash the canon of the prequel arc and the Story beyond

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed