Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 209,932 times)

Nukiemorph

I'm more concerned about the "not too distant future" part than the Earth part.

We know the aliens can't spread very far or become common knowledge if it all takes place before the movies.

windebieste

The big problem with taking place the "not too distant future" is it must take place after the events of "ALIENS". Otherwise, the marines would know what they're up against on LV-426. Considering, Gateway station is orbiting the Earth so credibility on any timeline prior makes no sense.

So, post 2180, at least.

Unless, the TV series is part of the "AvP" timeline and not "ALIEN". lol

-Windebieste.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Does it seem likely to be during the timeline after Alien but before Aliens i.e. Alien Isolation, for all many criticism of Alien Resurrection, curious of how Earth in the future would be portrayed in the Alien universe, are we picturing Blade Runner high tech or Max Max dystopia where only Weyland Yutani has manage to preserve a fragment of civilization.

Evanus

The "not too distant future" is a bit puzzling to me too. I mean, the Xenomorphs can't even be around before Covenant takes place, since, you know..

Gentleman Death

Quote from: judge death on Dec 11, 2020, 12:54:29 AM
Quote from: Gentleman Death on Dec 11, 2020, 12:13:17 AM
Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Dec 10, 2020, 11:30:20 PM
The Alien on Earth only means one thing.

Finally continuing Ripley 8's journey!? 😎
PRoblem is that they say: earth, in the close future, not the distant future, else that could have worked.

I pray its not a reebot/remake, or completely screws over the lore, then I ragequit xD

Yeah it was more of a joke...I'd bet money they'd never bring back those characters to the screen.

The Earth setting throws me off but with it being Alien, I'm definitely intrigued. I wonder if this series will follow or incorporate any characters or settings from the comics or novels.....Or if it's just a standalone in its own "universe".

Highland

What if it's a continuation of the events of AVPR!

*Sets trap

426Buddy

Interesting, I am intrigued but being on earth in the not too distant future is setting off some alarms.

Gr33n M4n

David built a time machine.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Evanus on Dec 11, 2020, 01:21:37 AM
The "not too distant future" is a bit puzzling to me too. I mean, the Xenomorphs can't even be around before Covenant takes place, since, you know..

Unless they are now planning on retconning that, which I'm kind of getting the vibe of here. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I wonder if that Engineer architecture is supposed to be taken literally. If so, then I guess they built installations here on Earth?

Also, I really hope that this is more contained and claustrophobic and not some massive Earth War type situation.

Nightmare Asylum

I do find it weird that the articles coming out now are saying that they're trying to get Ridley on board, but in the conference they flat out said he was. I wish I could find the conference online. I was watching it live and don't see any uploads.

Perfect-Organism

Jumping into the topic.  Hopefully this turns into something awesome.

Nightmare Asylum

I wonder if that Engineer looking installation in the backdrop they used is just for flavor, or if it is actually relevant to the show? Because if it is relevant to the show, and the show is entirely on Earth, then that raises a LOT of questions.

RidleyScott99

I hope RIDLEY SCOTT Directs the First 2 Episodes like in RAISED BY WOLVES

Kailem

A new Predator movie and now a new Alien TV show! :laugh:

I've got zero problems with it being set on Earth. I never had a problem with it in AVP (though I didn't particularly care for the specific setting of the first one), and I've always wanted to see the Aliens reach Earth in a major way because of how much the various films made a point of saying how much of a big deal that would be. So yeah, very excited about this indeed!

How well it (and the new Predator) turns out we'll obviously have to wait and see, but either way I'm excited that Disney isn't just sticking these franchises in the freezer and going back to focusing on Marvel and Star Wars. Exciting times indeed! ;D

Gentleman Death

Hopefully it'll pan out right which in turn, could produce some more material for the future.

Anyone know if this was the only Alien information to come out of Disney or if there might be another announcement soon..?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed