Hiya Toys

Started by Skulexander, Apr 08, 2014, 02:23:52 AM

Author
Hiya Toys (Read 63,454 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Does anyone here happen to own both any of the Hiya Predators and the Jazwares 4 inch Halo toys? I was curious to see how they scale with each other.

VincentVegaFFF

VincentVegaFFF

Has anyone ever ordered direct from Hiya? I placed a couple of orders a few weeks ago for in-stock figures and they haven shipped yet. Is this normal for Hiya?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I have not, though they send me stuff for photography and review direct.

If I'm purchasing my own I typically go through Big Bad Toy Store.

I'd recommend contacting them for a status update.

VincentVegaFFF

VincentVegaFFF

I came home to the order in my mailbox yesterday so they did ship it quickly but they either didn't send an email telling me it shipped or it ended up in one of my spam folders. All good now.

Drukathi

Drukathi

It's only me or runner feels weird? I mean - the head looks too short or shifted back.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The head's not long enough but otherwise it is correct.

RidgeTop

SiL

SiL

They still can't get the leg positioning right. I would've thought the point of doing a four legged version would be to accomodate the knees going forward, not down, but noooo.

Kradan

Kradan

To be fair, I don't remember it looking like this anywhere in the actual movie

SiL

SiL

The thumbnail shows it for me.

00:26
1:01

It's most noticeable when it's found mauling a prisoner, but that's not in the above. Basically the thing keeps its chest low to the ground, so the legs mostly go forward and out, not down.

Kradan

Kradan

Fair enough  :)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Aug 10, 2021, 06:47:39 AM
They still can't get the leg positioning right. I would've thought the point of doing a four legged version would be to accomodate the knees going forward, not down, but noooo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ed6l-5nU0AA_Ylu.jpg

Probably pretty difficult to get a figure to be THAT posable, unless they were to use bendy wire, but yeah you'd think if they're making a version specifically for the four-legged positioning they could manage it. Would be nice to get another Kotobukiya statue of their excellent sculpt in that pose though.

Looks like Hiya is doing a similar thing with their Aliens warrior figures as well:

Aliens Alien Warrior: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/130574

Aliens Alien Warrior (Crouching): https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/145877

SiL

SiL

Yeah, I wouldn't expect it to have the range to go from two to four legs in that pose. But since they're changing the neck specifically for that posture, it would've been nice to see them change the legs.

Guessing it's a lot easier to just swap out the head sculpt than half the limbs.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

These guys are kinda to scale with the JP legacy human toys.

...Just in case anyone wanted to know.

(the predator does not fit in the JP Explorer though)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed