Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion

Started by 369, Jul 01, 2010, 11:05:00 PM

Author
Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion (Read 109,286 times)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Well I watched it last night and.....

THANK f**kING GOD!!

Finally something good happens in these franchises after so many broken promises and let-downs! It had its issues sure (I felt that Brody was really having to force his voice and it was quite obvious in places, and the infamous shootout with the dogs made me laugh at how terrible these 'badasses' were with guns), but that was more than redeemed by the rest of the movie. Especially the part with Noland. The decision to cast Fishburne was genius, and I was gutted when he was killed as I really would have liked to see more of him.

Overall, it's a definate 8/10 for me. So much better than P2.

It was worth the wait  :)

Purebreedalien

*High Five*

I feel the same way. ;D

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Vulhala on Nov 05, 2010, 09:31:21 AM
Well I watched it last night and.....

THANK f**kING GOD!!

Finally something good happens in these franchises after so many broken promises and let-downs! It had its issues sure (I felt that Brody was really having to force his voice and it was quite obvious in places, and the infamous shootout with the dogs made me laugh at how terrible these 'badasses' were with guns), but that was more than redeemed by the rest of the movie. Especially the part with Noland. The decision to cast Fishburne was genius, and I was gutted when he was killed as I really would have liked to see more of him.

Overall, it's a definate 8/10 for me. So much better than P2.

It was worth the wait  :)
Wow, excellent. I definitely feel Predators was on the right track. I would've liked to see a little more development with the creatures themselves, but it's real good as it is. Happy you enjoyed it, Vul.

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

I take back everything I've said about the darkness issue with this film. I do admit to being put off by lighting after watching the film in cinemas and then looking at the screencaps, I felt that this movie was going to be dark. But after purchasing the Blu-ray though, I have to admit I am deeply impressed by the cinematography of this film. For a film that was rushed, it looks awesome compared to the last few Predator films, except Predator. The look of this film is amazing that it made me ignore all of the problems with this film, and there weren't that many problems with this film. After watching this film though, I did feel that it was a bit short, that's the only major problem, alongside the fact that Classic's inner-jaw doesn't move.

Vulhala

Vulhala

On my second viewing right now  8)

Already noticed something too. In Predator, they had to slow the cameras in order to be able to see the minigun spinning. In this, they didn't bother. Trivial I know, but it stuck out for some reason.

Prime113

Prime113

Awesome! Glad you liked it, man.

I loved the Dog shootout, one of my favorite scenes in the movie.  I thought Fishburne was great too. I wish they didn't have to rush his death scene.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Spartan113 on Nov 06, 2010, 02:38:48 AM
I thought Fishburne was great too. I wish they didn't have to rush his death scene.

Same here.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Vulhala on Nov 05, 2010, 09:31:21 AM
and the infamous shootout with the dogs made me laugh at how terrible these 'badasses' were with guns),

Yeah, the original made that mistake too. Whatta gonna do though?

Xeno

Xeno

There is an exclusive clip on the BD Live Extras. It's about the scene, in which the Classic "wakes up". Running time: 2 min 1 sec.

Prime113

Prime113

Can you describe what is in the clip?

Xeno

Xeno

Quote from: Spartan113 on Nov 06, 2010, 04:20:36 PM
Can you describe what is in the clip?
Antal is talking to Mears and telling him, how he has to act in the next scene. It's about the part, where Nikolai toches the Classic with his minigun. He has to react as soon, as he's feeling the minigun.

Then the scene is shown with additional angles.

Prime113

Prime113

Damn. Do you have to have an internet connection to the Blu Ray player to see this?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Anyone noticed that the footage in the behind the scenes segments looks better than the movie, picture wise? It feels as though some grey filter is on the film, there doesn't seem to be deep blacks, just grey. Is it just me?

Sharp Sticks

Might be just you, Val. The hunting camp sequence at the end was Caravaggio-quality contrast as far as I remember. It's been a while since I watched the Blu-Ray, I'll check tonight to see what you mean.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Nov 06, 2010, 09:27:01 PM
Might be just you, Val. The hunting camp sequence at the end was Caravaggio-quality contrast as far as I remember. It's been a while since I watched the Blu-Ray, I'll check tonight to see what you mean.
Check out the behind the scenes stuff and compare to the movie, they seem different. If not, then it might be my TV, maybe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed