Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion

Started by 369, Jul 01, 2010, 11:05:00 PM

Author
Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion (Read 109,810 times)

bobcunk

bobcunk

the movie is faded and dull but there are no scenes like in avpr were you could hardly tell what just happened. i do wish it was a bit brighter and less froggy la gogo stuff like the time when Jimmy and I went to the flee market and Jimmy found the dead dog behind the comic book stand. it was small and dry and must have been there for a while since it didn't smell.

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Valheru on Nov 20, 2010, 07:35:17 AM
Quote from: PHANTOM on Nov 13, 2010, 01:07:38 AM
I saw the movie 3x in cinema and I noticed there were two versions of the film. One which you saw, it was pretty dark. The the 3rd showing I saw had different trailers in the begining and it was much brighter. The DVD and blu-ray version is of that brighter version I saw in theaters.

We got lucky, because if they would have released the dark version of Predators on DVD and blu-ray....

that wouldn't have been good at all.

I think this explains why I didn't enjoy the cinema version anywhere near as much as the bluray, as it did seem quite dark in the cinemas plus the audio was quite soft for some reason (that would be the cinemas fault).

Watching at home on the bluray with the sound turned up on a good system, it was a whole new and very enjoyable experience.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=33274.msg927023#new

Cheers,

Valheru

Great review, I can't wait until I get my Blu-Ray copy for Christmas. :)

predxeno

predxeno

In the Blu-Ray it's actually harder to see the Predator in the tree that Mombasa sees near the beginning than it is in the DVD.  What gives? ???

Xeno

Xeno

I think some of you were interested in seeing some pics of the Predators Limited Cinedition:
http://img44.imageshack.us/g/dsci0213.jpg/

The cover is a stereoscoping picture as you may see on the pictures. The Falconer is visible and then he disappeared.

Rioto

Rioto

o m g !!! thnks for sharing i love the packaging

predxeno

predxeno

I saw the Predators Motion Comics, I thought there was a Noland one.  Wasn't it advertised on the Predators Motion Comics trailer?

http://www.predatorsmotioncomics.com

Xeno

Xeno

Quote from: predxeno on Nov 23, 2010, 01:28:17 AM
I saw the Predators Motion Comics, I thought there was a Noland one.  Wasn't it advertised on the Predators Motion Comics trailer?

http://www.predatorsmotioncomics.com
You have to play all motion comics. Don't know the exact term at the moment, but you can choose to play all the motion comics, one after another. If you do, it starts and ends with a short Noland motion comic. Should be something like "play all", don't know. Can not look, since I'm not at home.

predxeno

predxeno

Really? :o  Didn't know that.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Bump...
So has anyone posted the special features anywhere?

MrBrokenTusks.

TBH i think it would be easier to just search for the features induvidually on u tube, Though I doubt evolution of the species predators reborn will be on there because it is 30+ mins.

I just put a copy on my itunes great feeling.

This may seem random but is inception made by fox? cause then it will have a digital copy as well and that would be so awesome.

Uncanny Antman

This is hardly the place for it, especially as you could have Googled it yourself in about two seconds, but Inception is from Warners and there is a Blu/DVD/Digital Copy combo.

Pfft.  'Digital Copy'.  What mental giant came up with that name anyway?

MrBrokenTusks.

I was on ps3 trust me it was faster this way.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quick question for the Blu-ray disc, just making sure everyone has the same copy.

Has anyone noticed any visual noise where Stans tells Royce "why, so we can find out first hand what it feels like to get our asses kicked?"

And also that scene where Edwin runs away from the alien, theres this really nice shot of Edwin running through the sun rays of the jungle and the very next shot where you see his feet I noticed more visual noise in the backround.

Anyone spot it?

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: PHANTOM on Dec 12, 2010, 06:00:08 AM
Quick question for the Blu-ray disc, just making sure everyone has the same copy.

Has anyone noticed any visual noise where Stans tells Royce "why, so we can find out first hand what it feels like to get our asses kicked?"

And also that scene where Edwin runs away from the alien, theres this really nice shot of Edwin running through the sun rays of the jungle and the very next shot where you see his feet I noticed more visual noise in the backround.

Anyone spot it?

I just watched it yesterday on my projector but there wasnt any noise visible. Depending on your blu-ray player however, there could be noise in darker, murky scenes or shadow areas depending on the quality of your laser.

I had it with a cheap phillips player, now i have a samsung and it's decent. That's not only the case with Predators though, so it's not really a technical error with the disc but rather depends on the equipment one has, could also be your tv.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Ok, but what's weird is that on the DVD version those two shots I talked about have no visable noise in the backround. Look at those two shots again, look very closely, it only lasts for a second. I'm telling you theirs visable noise.

- It's the very shot where the Stan saids "Why, so we can feel first hand what it's like to have our asses kicked?!" it's just one shot.

- When Royce said to Edwin "hey doc, I think I just found a way you can be useful' the next shot his Edwin running through sunrays in the jungle, the next shot is dark just showing his feet, thats the single shot where you see more noise.

I just purchased a new screen for my PC, Sony Bravia 32 inch HDMI with a contrast ratio of 160,000 : 1 it looks freakin INSANE, every movie looks like I'm watching it for the first time.

My last screen was a Hanspree 28 inch monitor which f--kin sucked compared to this TV. PC monitors suck balls, I'm never getting a monitor every again. This TV bitch slapped everything I thought I knew about quality picture, Predators looked amazing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed