Ghostbusters Franchise

Started by Don Dorris, Sep 26, 2008, 04:12:29 PM

Author
Ghostbusters Franchise (Read 153,409 times)

Razz

Razz

Saw it yesterday. It was good, wasn't mind-blowing but wasn't terrible like GB 2016. It absolutely was a love letter the the series as a whole and to Harold Ramis, I legit had tears at the end and no shame admitting that.

Crazy to think the last GB film I saw in cinemas was GBII back in 89 and that was my first film I saw in cinemas when I was 4 years old. I'm interested to see where they take the series next.

irn

irn

It was definitely a love letter to the original that was full of heart, if not a fully fleshed out film in its own right. It was a great antidote for that 2016... effort.

The post-credits scenes made me think that it would really work having the old team (minus Ramis obviously) back together again.

Overall a good sequel but didn't anyone else think it would have actually have been better as a mini series? Like they could have done lot more with the setting and explored the whole Shandor thing.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: irn on Dec 07, 2021, 12:00:53 PM
The post-credits scenes made me think that it would really work having the old team (minus Ramis obviously) back together again.

Spoiler
I'm just expecting Ernie Hudson to be back, financing the new young team, if another sequel does eventually and hopefully come our way.
[close]

QuoteOverall a good sequel but didn't anyone else think it would have actually have been better as a mini series? Like they could have done lot more with the setting and explored the whole Shandor thing.

I could see that!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 07, 2021, 02:00:31 PM

Spoiler
I'm just expecting Ernie Hudson to be back, financing the new young team, if another sequel does eventually and hopefully come our way.
[close]
Spoiler
Ernie Hudson has said in a recent interview that that's exactly what he hopes will happen
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They did a PHENOMENAL job recreating the Terror Dogs...

Master

Master

I love the practical work done on terror dogs, but they do look different then originals.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I just got bukkaked by this movie.

I thought it was a bit too Nickelodeon and maudlin, but it was still better than I expected.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 05, 2022, 12:16:28 AM

I don't know how to process this.

Kradan

Kradan

Pffft, only elite that watches RLM knows  8)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 06, 2022, 01:19:38 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 05, 2022, 12:16:28 AM

I don't know how to process this.

With a big martini glass?

I wish Bill Murray could have been more smarmy.  He's really mellowed.

If there's another one, I sure hope it gets back to its NYC roots and doesn't take place in Bumblef**k, Oklahoma again.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Switched off after five minutes. Utter garbage. The dialogue amongst the school children was pathetic.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Rudiger on Jan 21, 2022, 06:54:01 PM
Switched off after five minutes. Utter garbage. The dialogue amongst the school children was pathetic.
You missed out, the movie becomes stellar at precisely the 6th minute and never stops.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 21, 2022, 11:22:09 PM
You missed out, the movie becomes stellar at precisely the 6th minute and never stops.

And the school children do not appear in the first 5 minutes. ;D

Magegg

Magegg

I enjoyed and liked the film :)

I didn't watch the original movies (or I watched them when I was too little and can't remember much) but I know the basic plot and such.

I think the final act tries to bring back a lot of things from the first movies and I didn't feel like it made a favour to us who are not that much into GB. Probably should have gone with something fresh instead.

Oh I gotta agree the kids are SOOO annoying in the first act of the movie.

But then it gets much better.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Magegg on Jan 22, 2022, 03:27:34 PM
I enjoyed and liked the film :)

I didn't watch the original movies (or I watched them when I was too little and can't remember much) but I know the basic plot and such.

I think the final act tries to bring back a lot of things from the first movies and I didn't feel like it made a favour to us who are not that much into GB. Probably should have gone with something fresh instead.

Oh I gotta agree the kids are SOOO annoying in the first act of the movie.

But then it gets much better.
A lot of the enjoyment of Afterlife is contingent on being familiar with and liking the first Ghostbusters movie. The number of callbacks and fan service elements is through the roof and the movie coasts really heavily on nostalgia. If you liked it without having seen the original movie, I suspect you'd have loved it if you had seen the original movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed