Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion

Started by 369, Jul 01, 2010, 11:05:00 PM

Author
Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion (Read 109,887 times)

creature creator

i really dont see the point of making a fully featured blueray but leave the dvd like shit.

the extras i only want to see is how knb worked on the movie, and that is probely on the blueray.
talking about making people download.....

JB

Johnny Handsome

Quotei really dont see the point
It's easy, they want you to buy the blu-ray, and if you don't have it, they want you to switch to blu-ray.

I don't care for DVD anymore, Blu-Ray is spectacular.

Forever Knight

Quote from: creature creator on Sep 16, 2010, 12:10:57 PM
i really dont see the point of making a fully featured blueray but leave the dvd like shit.

the extras i only want to see is how knb worked on the movie, and that is probely on the blueray.
talking about making people download.....

JB

It's simple. DVDs are done with. Time to move on to bigger and better things... Blu-ray ftw.

Predator Queen

No! DVD is still young and from the looks of it will not be replaced a lot of stuff still doesn't make blu ray

Forever Knight

It eventually will.

Who wants to watch DVD anyway?. Blu-ray is just so much more fun to watch.

Quote from: Predator Queen on Sep 17, 2010, 06:45:22 AM
No! DVD is still young and from the looks of it will not be replaced a lot of stuff still doesn't make blu ray

i think you are half right, DVD is over 10 years old now, but blu ray is almost half that already, i think blue ray is here to stay but DVD will live on as the budget option for quite a long time, certainly on the PC and XBox format, and due to the fact that blu ray is taking a long time to become standard on PC or exist on XBox means i think it will live on for quite a long time, you could still get music on cassettes for almost 20 years after CDs came out, and you can still buy cassette players and blank cassettes, so i think DVDs will be the cassettes to Blu-ray's CDs

Vulhala

Vulhala

I've noticed that the last few Blu-Rays I've bought have come with the DVD anyway, so you get both. I reckon it will be like that for quite a while. DVD will never die though. It may in the US, UK and Australia, but I think the format is too cost prohibitive for a lot of countries. At least right now anyway.

Forever Knight

New DVDs cost about $20.... New Blu-rays cost about $28.

Does that $8 really destroy ur savings funds?.

Quote from: Vulhala on Sep 17, 2010, 10:03:49 AM
I've noticed that the last few Blu-Rays I've bought have come with the DVD anyway, so you get both. I reckon it will be like that for quite a while. DVD will never die though. It may in the US, UK and Australia, but I think the format is too cost prohibitive for a lot of countries. At least right now anyway.

yeah with kick ass the single disc DVD was £10, 2 discwas £12 i think, the blu ray was £16 and for £18 you could get a steel-book with the blu-ray and 2 disc dvd!! if you make sure to get double and triple play stuff you'll actually save money!

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I hope the sound quality is good on Blu-ray, am I the only one who can't stand the super low voices and ultra high action sounds, why can't it just be more balanced?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: PHANTOM on Sep 17, 2010, 06:50:56 PM
I hope the sound quality is good on Blu-ray, am I the only one who can't stand the super low voices and ultra high action sounds, why can't it just be more balanced?

Bothers me too, Transformers: ROTF... And The Dark Knight (in some spots). I like everything balanced.

Vulhala

Vulhala

I'm watching Avatar right now, and I was literally just moaning about the same thing to myself.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: Mikey on Sep 17, 2010, 11:54:13 PM
The Dark Knight (in some spots). I like everything balanced.

The Dark Knight so far is the worst, ultra ultra low voices and insanely loud action. It's very unbalanced and annoying.

Some of us don't live in a house away from everyone so we can blast the shit out of the sound like a concert. Some of us live in apartments and need to keep the sound down just a tad so we don't start a fight with the people next door :D

Vulhala

Vulhala

I've got a 15 week old baby in the house. Anything above a whisper = sleepless night  :D

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Hmmm, I think I got an idea for you to fix the annoying ultra high action sound.

When you pop in your blu-ray go to the main menu, look for audio options.

After that, you might see two audio options, english "DTS HD" which gives you the ultra low voices and annoying high pitch action sounds. You don't want that.

English "Dolby surround" is what you want, the action sounds are much more balanced and sounds great. The voices are much higher too.

See if that helps. Worked like a charm for me, everything is nice and balanced.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed