Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion

Started by 369, Jul 01, 2010, 11:05:00 PM

Author
Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion (Read 109,265 times)

Cap. Fitzgerald

^ I think. If not a deleted scene.
EITHER WAY I CANT WAIT!  ;D ;D ;D

We got the dates! We got the features ! What else would we want......ow ya the actual blu ray.......but we got dates!!

Cap. Fitzgerald

^ And info on the Trilogy.....
Bah! I need to stop being negative :D

Yautja117

Yautja117

$30 for a DVD lacking in extras? I'll wait a couple of months and let the price drop.

meanstreak

Quote from: Yautja117 on Aug 24, 2010, 02:41:56 PM
$30 for a DVD lacking in extras? I'll wait a couple of months and let the price drop.

that's just MSRP, it's already showing as $22.98 at amazon and will probably be $19.99 or less at Wal-Mart

Yautja117

Yautja117

Thanks for clearing that up.  :) Knowing Walmart, it'll have something extra and be marked down to $15 on opening day.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: DazAvP85 on Aug 23, 2010, 06:35:22 PM
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment has announced that it will release the action thriller on Blu-ray and DVD Oct. 19.

>:(

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Aug 23, 2010, 10:52:39 PM

I've asked. We'll see.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The "Yautja" thing cracks me the f**k up, I love it. :D

Would have been funny if the DVD only came with the tralier!does the us have the blu disc and digital copy and DVD?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah I can't believe how hard the DVD buyers are getting shafted. I'll likely splurge and buy the blu-ray version, even though I don't actually have a blu-ray player yet. It'll be a good incentive to get one, and at least I won't be buying the movie twice (DVD, then blu-ray).

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 25, 2010, 03:19:29 AM
Yeah I can't believe how hard the DVD buyers are getting shafted. I'll likely splurge and buy the blu-ray version, even though I don't actually have a blu-ray player yet. It'll be a good incentive to get one, and at least I won't be buying the movie twice (DVD, then blu-ray).

For me, Blu-ray's quality is comparable to the transition from VHS to DVD, it's well worth having.

meanstreak

Quote from: RidgeTop on Aug 25, 2010, 04:41:02 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 25, 2010, 03:19:29 AM

For me, Blu-ray's quality is comparable to the transition from VHS to DVD, it's well worth having.

ya I won't argue with you there, but it's still a lot larger of a price point.  Like me, I made the mistake of buying a $1200 Sony 32" Vega flat screen CRT (still huge and heavy!) in 2002 and to be honest it's the best TV I've ever owned.  It still has absolutely amazing picture quality and looks great with my samsung DVD player hooked up with component connection (red, blue, green for picture, seperate sound system)

The sad part is I'd like a blu-ray player now but I would have to buy an HDTV (which I really want) but I don't want to drop cash on some junky el cheapo at Wal-Mart, when I buy I like to buy quality.  And I would need a blu-ray player and HDMI cable, and a new sound system to go with it too of course!  So in effect I need a minimum of about $1700 to upgrade to blu-ray.  Please send paypal donations to meanstreak@hotmail.co.uk thanks everyone! 

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 24, 2010, 05:56:16 PM
Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Aug 23, 2010, 10:52:39 PM

I've asked. We'll see.
Thank you all mighty Hicks!
You friggen got connections man :)

Corporal Hicks

Don't be too impressed yet. Home Entertainment PR is my least favorite. Can take a while before I get an answer, if I do, at all.

In regards to the BR/DVD thing, at least R2 gets both DVD and BR in one pack. I intend on getting a BR player for October.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed