Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion

Started by 369, Jul 01, 2010, 11:05:00 PM

Author
Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion (Read 109,283 times)

Vulhala

Vulhala

How many different versions of P1 on blu-ray have we had so far though?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Vulhala on Jul 26, 2010, 11:52:20 AM
How many different versions of P1 on blu-ray have we had so far though?
Two. The first blu-ray release, which had a decent quality, with some grain visible, and no extra features. And then, the Ultimate Hunter Edition, which heavily used DNR and removed all the grain that was left in the first release. Extras are from the 2-disc edition DVD of Predator.
I think that the latter is pretty satisfying and we don't really need a further release.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Yeah but that's my point mate. They've released that on twice already. Once Predators has been out for a while we'll get a super-duper trilogy boxset with unseen footage etc that they've been holding for years. And the cycle will continue.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

I doubt they add many features in box-sets and stuff if anything, I think they will take away them. Like my Jurassic box trilogy box now extras at all not even commentary, and I am pretty sure if you buy them separately there is tons of added stuff.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

So theres no news on the special features... at all!?!

Hope they do a like alien quadrillagy type thing if they have all 3movies and it would be a pluse for me cause I have yet to get pred2.

jimmyboy

jimmyboy

Here's some information from the UK BBFC site about Predators additional features.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV271697
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/AVV271853

Going from the Extended Classification Date of 22/10/10, they usually release this information a week before the release, so looks like the UK release will be on 29/10/10 (which is a Friday!?), I'd guess 1st Nov release date myself.

Keyes

Keyes

Just to add to those BBFC submissions we also have...

- MAKING A SCENE: PREDATORS [7m 5s]
- EVOLUTION OF THE SPECIES - PREDATORS REBORN - BLOODLINE [3m 16s]
- EVOLUTION OF THE SPECIES - PREDATORS REBORN - PREDATORS AS PREY [8m 59s]
- DIRECTOR'S AUDIO COMMENTARY [102m 27s]
- THE CHOSEN [4m 33s]
- MOTION COMICS: MOMENTS OF EXTRACTION - NOLAND INTRO (PART 1) [0m 37s]
- MOTION COMICS: MOMENTS OF EXTRACTION - NOLAND ENDING (PART 2) [0m 43s]
- DELETED & EXTENDED SCENES [10m 28s]
00:00:48:15   (DEAD MAN'S PARACHUTE)
00:00:52:03   (CUCHILLO AND ISABELLE)
00:01:13:21   (TEAM "ORIENTATED" GROUP)
00:01:33:20   (THIRD MOST WANTED)
00:00:34:04   (CUCHILLO UNLEASHES)
00:02:42:03   ("WHY ARE YOU HERE?")
00:00:42:13   ("THEY'RE SMARTER THAN THAT")
00:01:25:05   (STANS AND ISABELLE NAKED)
00:00:35:11   ("THEY'RE STILL COMING")

UK Release date: 01/11/10

lame, the deleted scenes pretty much takes away any possibility for an unrated version, since none of them are actually "18" worthy, and it probably means no extended cut either.

jimmyboy

jimmyboy

Nice find Daz. Interesting deleted scenes. Isabelle naked??? Looks like the first 5 scenes are early on in the film as the 5th one mentions Chuchillo,
Spoiler
it must be just before his death
[close]

Quote from: jimmyboy on Aug 06, 2010, 12:46:34 PM
Nice find Daz. Interesting deleted scenes. Isabelle naked??? Looks like the first 5 scenes are early on in the film as the 5th one mentions Chuchillo,
Spoiler
[close]

they may not be in chronological order.

Keyes

Keyes

Spoiler
[close]

Yeah it seems like a lot of early character information/dialogue was cut or trimmed. I'm hoping they also include the alternate ending scene that Nimrod talked about, and possible an alternate opening if the information about that was accurate.

jimmyboy

jimmyboy

Quote from: DazAvP85 on Aug 06, 2010, 01:25:43 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Yeah it seems like a lot of early character information/dialogue was cut or trimmed. I'm hoping they also include the alternate ending scene that Nimrod talked about, and possible an alternate opening if the information about that was accurate.

I know about the opening but what alternate ending?

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: jimmyboy on Aug 06, 2010, 02:22:19 PM
Quote from: DazAvP85 on Aug 06, 2010, 01:25:43 PM
Spoiler
[close]

I know about the opening but what alternate ending?

The alternate ending was a more depressing take of Royce and Izzy at the end. It was meant to reflect the loneliness of "so now you've killed everything.... [sarcastically] contratulations". Though they went with what ended up in the theatrical version, which is more hopeful.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed