Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion

Started by 369, Jul 01, 2010, 11:05:00 PM

Author
Predators Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion (Read 109,291 times)

blu ray http://www.tfaw.com/Movies/Profile/Predators-Blu-ray___369118

dvd http://www.tfaw.com/Movies/Profile/Predators-DVD-Ws___369117

QuoteType:        Movies
Genres:      
Release Date:     September 29, 2010
Availability:      Pre-Order

Adrien Brody stars as Royce, a mercenary who reluctantly leads a group of elite warriors who come to realize they've been brought together on an alien planet as prey. With the notable exception of a disgraced physician, they are all cold-blooded killers - mercenaries, Yakuza, convicts, death squad members, human 'predators' that are now being systemically hunted and eliminated by a new breed of alien Predators.

dallevalle

dallevalle

that was fast but im so getting the dvd ^^

least we got a date.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Special Edition Blu-Ray
or
Wait for a trilogy pack release (most probably)

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Yep, definitley getting the dvd. I'd prefer getting a 2-disc if they're gonna have one.

bleau

bleau

I heard that the DVD/Blu Ray release might not be unrated or extended. That RR and Nimrod are happy with the theatrical movie and want to include extra scenes as just deleted scenes. I was hoping for a unrated directors cut. Some of the scenes that were cut sounded pretty cool, well one of them does. Adrian Brody said one of them was a scene where big/giant mosquito things attack them. Another was Walt Goggins or Stans in the movie hits on Isabelle wanting to have sex and she rejects him. Sounds like a lot got trimmed. I am sure Fox will either release theatrical edition and then 6 months later release unrated extended cut. But I am definitely getting the blu ray for sure. I hope they release a special steel book edition.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Blu-ray they always have more special features.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Blu Ray day one for me. Got a pretty kick arse cinema setup here at home, and Predators looked and sounded amazing on the big screen so i think it will be superb on Blu.

Dusk

Dusk

This is a Movie I'll gladly add to my Predator collection.

Aztlan

Aztlan

Blu-ray all the way for the quality. If there is a metallic box, it would be awesome!  8)

LLIT

LLIT

Bluray! It will go nice with the 2 pack Blurays of Predator and Predator 2 I just got.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 03, 2010, 09:17:38 PM
Special Edition Blu-Ray
or
Wait for a trilogy pack release (most probably)

my thoughts exactly!

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Blu-ray all the way.

Looked good in theaters, but I just hope they tread carefully with the transfer of this film.

I know they got the same asshole to do the color grading from AVP-R, so they better not mess up the DVD this time around! It's the last and final product of the film.

If they matain the quality of the film perfectly in what we saw in theaters and make it look more sharper and crisp, perfect 8)

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Blu-Ray, preferably a steel book!

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jul 17, 2010, 02:22:16 PM
I know they got the same asshole to do the color grading from AVP-R, so they better not mess up the DVD this time around! It's the last and final product of the film.

No, the two films share the same editor, not the colour grader.

QuoteIf they matain the quality of the film perfectly in what we saw in theaters and make it look more sharper and crisp, perfect 8)

Blu-rays and DVDs are usually made from the Digital Intermediate master, which is the final colour grading process. It's simply making a copy of the finished digital product and putting it to the home release formats.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed