"Near the end of this century we’re in” - FX CEO Landgraf Talks Time Setting

Started by TheBATMAN, Feb 17, 2022, 06:45:08 PM

Author
"Near the end of this century we’re in” - FX CEO Landgraf Talks Time Setting (Read 23,658 times)

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Nightmare Asylum

Local Trouble

Immortan Jonesy

Indeed ☝️

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 17, 2022, 06:45:08 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2022/02/alien-fx-series-sigourney-weaver-ripley-1234955817/amp/

Takes place around the same time as Prometheus.

Omg!  :o something told me that "no so far in the future" was more literal than we thought.  :-X

Also, I wondered what the surprise will be... That David didn't create the Alien or something ???

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, definitely looking like this project is going to be retconning David as the creator, I guess.

Local Trouble

Maybe they'll come up with something even worse though.  Like maybe Peter Weyland personally created them or some shit.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Well the show is still a prequel.  :laugh:

I wonder what the Earth of the Alien universe will look like at the end of the 21st century. We get a little glimpse in a Covenant deleted scene of what it looks like in the early 22nd century.

It's not canon anyway, and has no relevance to this project, which makes me very curious to learn if ti's going to be 'Used Future', like the original Alien, or more like 'Everything Is an iPod in the Future' , like in Prometheus.

skhellter

Retconning David's story... is f**king lame.

That plot about the young girl with superstrength becoming "leader of the hybrids!" sounded like lame Young Adult tier shit, too.

This all feels like it's dead on arrival.

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 17, 2022, 07:02:20 PM
Maybe they'll come up with something even worse though.  Like maybe Peter Weyland personally created them or some shit.

This sounds so awful I wanna see it

Immortan Jonesy

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 17, 2022, 07:19:52 PM

People will still wax philosophical to defend it.

"iT mAkEs sEnSe bCuZ mUh tHeMeS!!!"

Nightmare Asylum

I'm still gonna roll with this for now and give it a shot and hope for the best, but I'd be lying if I said today's news wasn't pretty disheartening. Both in terms of retconning Covenant, and in terms of putting the Alien here on Earth before the events of Alien.

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 17, 2022, 07:31:33 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Feb 17, 2022, 07:19:52 PM

People will still wax philosophical to defend it.

"iT mAkEs sEnSe bCuZ mUh tHeMeS!!!"

I probably would.

You've got some philosophy for me, duuuuuuuuude ?

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 17, 2022, 07:32:01 PM
I'm still gonna roll with this for now and give it a shot and hope for the best, but I'd be lying if I said today's news wasn't pretty disheartening. Both in terms of retconning Covenant, and in terms of putting the Alien here on Earth before the events of Alien.

Well, we lived through AvP 2004, we're gonna live through this

TheBATMAN

Its either not going to have the Alien in it as we know it or this series is just going to exist exclusively in its own continuity.

Kradan

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 17, 2022, 08:05:23 PM
... or this series is just going to exist exclusively in its own continuity.

I wouldn't mind that

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed