Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long

Started by seattle24, Nov 22, 2021, 09:57:55 AM

Author
Ridley Scott Says The Alien FX Series Will Be 8-10 Hours Long (Read 25,638 times)

seattle24

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/variety.com/2021/tv/global/blade-runner-alien-tv-series-ridley-scott-1235117198/amp/

Bit more info here from Variety. The main take-way is that it's gong to be 8-10 hours worth of material, so most likely 8-10 episodes.

BlueMarsalis79

Blade Runner?! f**k yes

Evanus

An Alien and a Blade Runner show at the same time?  :o

Mr. Clemens

I'm more interested in the Blade Runner show, to be honest. Aliens on earth still feels cheap to me.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Nov 22, 2021, 11:04:42 AMI'm more interested in the Blade Runner show, to be honest. Aliens on earth still feels cheap to me.

Yep. I wanna be excited, but having it on Earth is a big hype-killer for me.

In a way that's a good thing, because I almost certainly won't have whichever streaming service this is gonna be on anyway.

BlueMarsalis79

Prez

Blade Runner TV series??? How did I miss this???

Stitch

Blade Runner TV sounds interesting. Like others, I'm still not convinced about Alien on earth.

Ops Officer Jackson

Ops Officer Jackson

Well... at least they're planning for it going indefinitely instead of winging it?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Blade Runner?

Voodoo Magic

Oooh yeaaah! Count me in for Blade Runner.

Nightmare Asylum

Also, the article seems to frame it that Ridley said that, like the Blade Runner series, the Alien series currently has a pilot written and a show bible in place for the season. I think this may just be the article conflating Ridley's words and assuming that Alien is only as far along as Blade Runner, however, because in an interview a few months back Hawley stated at the time that two episodes of Alien had already been written. What I'd imagine Ridley probably said here is that the pilot/show bible writing process for Blade Runner is the same internal approach they took with Alien, and the reporter took that to mean that both projects are equally far along in that process.

Unless the article is accurate there and they went back to square one to rewrite Alien from the beginning, I guess? I'm inclined to think the article is just mixed up on that point, though - there's no direct quote attributed to that section, after all.

Perfect-Organism

Is Ridley Scott talking about the FX series or another series of his own?  He talks in riddles..

LV-12986

Be interesting to see if it's solely 8-10 episode and a dead end or 8-10 episodes as a season & more to follow

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed