Possible Character Details

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 06, 2021, 05:38:32 AM

Author
Possible Character Details (Read 49,295 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2021, 09:04:15 PM
Because it's not the kind of scifi I am here for in my Alien movies and serves as distraction for what Alien movie should be about.
My personal issue is specifically body-swap scifi (and fantasy for that matter), nothing to do with transgenderism specifically.

Master

Master

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2021, 09:11:18 PM
Here's the thing. Those people exist. They read these boards. Noone has any right to call it bullshit. If I see it said like that again, those people are just done here.

Noted Boss.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 06, 2021, 09:13:33 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2021, 09:04:15 PM
Because it's not the kind of scifi I am here for in my Alien movies and serves as distraction for what Alien movie should be about.
My personal issue is specifically body-swap scifi (and fantasy for that matter), nothing to do with transgenderism specifically.

My issues are similar. It doesn't fit Alien IMO. Though I must admit I'm  abit annoyed everything has to be about racial, sexual or gender stuff nowadays. But if I'm not allowed to talk about it, I won't.

SiL

SiL

You're allowed to talk about it, just more respectfully than calling it "bullshit".

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 06, 2021, 09:11:18 PM
Here's the thing. Those people exist. They read these boards. Noone has any right to call it bullshit. If I see it said like that again, those people are just done here.

They might even be posting right beside you! Oooh! Spooky!

Master

Master

Quote from: SiL on Nov 06, 2021, 09:31:28 PM
You're allowed to talk about it, just more respectfully than calling it "bullshit".

Also noted. Though I'm now afraid I'll get banned for pointing the issue. I never tried to be disrespectful.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2021, 09:42:06 PM

Also noted. Though I'm now afraid I'll get banned for pointing the issue. I never tried to be disrespectful.

There are plenty of ways to say that you're uninterested in or uncomfortable with "current year" politics in your sci-fi action/horror without coming off as disrespectful or dismissive.

Although as I understand it English is not your mother tongue so I can get why there may be a minefield aspect to it. I think if you put in the effort to discuss it in good faith, people will listen even if they disagree with you.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The topic can be discussed respectfully, here:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=65045.0

Master

Master

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 06, 2021, 09:53:55 PM

For the third time noted.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 06, 2021, 09:52:20 PM

There are plenty of ways to say that you're uninterested in or uncomfortable with "current year" politics in your sci-fi action/horror without coming off as disrespectful or dismissive.

Although as I understand it English is not your mother tongue so I can get why there may be a minefield aspect to it. I think if you put in the effort to discuss it in good faith, people will listen even if they disagree with you.

It's not. It's my second language though.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You can watch On the Silver Globe without subtitles?

Master

Master

Yeeeeep.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I always found this audio log of AVP 2010 interesting, starting at 20:06...

https://youtu.be/nZraAURImJw?t=1206

(Thanks to Samhain13 for compiling)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2021, 10:03:23 PM

Master, my post was in response to this.

Though I'm now afraid I'll get banned for pointing the issue.

You will not be banned there for civilly discussing the issue.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

Alright I gotta ask a question was there any credibility behind the avp anime

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'd almost rather see a show packed with navel-gazing social commentary than some lore-breaking nonsense about the Aliens on Earth.  The prequels were bad enough.

Master

Master

I'd  rather see neither. There is such good opportunity for Alien series right there, with Derelict on Lv-426, I can't believe none figured out to take it so far. If it has to be earth, then fish out the Queen from shores of Bovotoya. It is also the plot point ready for taking.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 06, 2021, 10:08:12 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 06, 2021, 10:03:23 PM

Master, my post was in response to this.

Though I'm now afraid I'll get banned for pointing the issue.

You will not be banned there for civilly discussing the issue.

Ok.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed