The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside

Started by ikarop, Aug 31, 2012, 02:56:11 PM

Author
The PAX Prime 2012 Thread - Panel Video Inside (Read 61,981 times)

newbeing

ikarop

ikarop

T4P. The original post has been updated with all images.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcvP8S5Tyk#ws

Edit: In the video Randy Pitchford confirms that someone will indeed be very happy on Sunday.

The cat is now out of the bag, Moosh :).

G8RSG1

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Sep 01, 2012, 06:04:59 PM
Quote from: G8RSG1 on Sep 01, 2012, 03:39:57 PM
Quote from: Sexy Poot on Sep 01, 2012, 03:06:53 PM
Quote from: G8RSG1 on Sep 01, 2012, 08:40:28 AM
FFS people! No matter how good this game looks, all you can do is complain. The blood is too green?! Seriously?!

Am I the only one who thinks that this game seems to be coming along nicely? Some of you people make me ashamed to say I'm part of this community. >:(

I agree. Although if u go into the "pics of urself" thread, ull have MANY more reasons to be ashamed  of a lot of ur fellow AvPG-ers(?).:laugh:

If you're referring to my pictures, I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a HUGE geek :P. I just wish people would stop complaining, and be thankful that we're getting this game at all.

No not at all. Let that geek flag fly brother. Ill be right there with ya! I was referring to the broo-ha-ha that has erupted over there but it's over now. As far as nitpicking goes, there will ALWAYS be complaints about ANYTHING. I think its cause the franchise started off so strong and has whittled into so much less.

Yea I haven't been in that thread in some time now. As for the franchise, I just take it as it comes. The only one I really don't care for is AVPR (Yes, I enjoyed A3 and 4.) I mean Wolf is downright BA, but the rest is pretty cringe worthy.

I have a feeling that A:CM will really deliver, despite lowered expectations. I'm willing to bet on it ( Here's to hoping I don't eat my words :P)

Njm1983

Honestly pitchford sounded as though he made up the story about "female marines being in the whole time - wtf did you all get this story" just to make good.

Doesnt matter anyway since Moosh won, as far as Im concerned.

Moosh89

Moosh89

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VNcvP8S5Tyk#t=153s

We know there have been females IN the game from the start, we don't need a cover art to tell us that, we are not stupid. The petition was not to have "Females in the game", it was to have "PLAYABLE females in the game"

What bothers me the most is that they sat on this for MONTHS without saying a word...

FightFinda

Quote from: Moosh89 on Sep 01, 2012, 10:56:42 PM

We know there have been females IN the game from the start, we don't need a cover art to tell us that, we are not stupid. The petition was not to have "Females in the game", it was to have "PLAYABLE females in the game"

What bothers me the most is that they sat on this for MONTHS without saying a word...

I suppose he took the "I'll play hard to get and yell SURPRISE!! at the end" route, sounds like asshole-ery to me but we all have different views on what is satisfying, just like we all have different views on what is authentic.

newbeing

Quote from: Moosh89 on Sep 01, 2012, 10:56:42 PM

Yeah that didn't come off very well and it makes me wonder if he even understood the concerns that were brought up by the petition (despite theme being clearly described). Everyone knew that Bella was a main character, that was never the issue. Just makes it sound a lot like damage control. If he has said something to the effect of, it was something they were trying to get working, it would have sounded less arrogant.

MrSpaceJockey

Moosh, ol' Randy "I've been stealing from Aliens my entire career" Pitchford can try to fool people into thinking that they've had playable females this WHOLE TIME, but if it weren't for the petition you made and the attention of so many of ALIENS actors it garnered, it's unlikely to have been included. Good job on you!  :)

FightFinda

I do find it hard to believe though, that if playable female marines were in there the whole time, that Randy wouldn't have let the cat out of the bag when Moosh started getting the actors signing the petition - or perhaps it amused him; I guess we'll never know as he's (quite expectedly to be honest) only going to make statements that he believes that will secure him sales of his product.

Moosh89

<----- Feels loved :)

Thanks everyone haha!

It wouldn't have gone anywhere without support from YOU!

ikarop

ikarop

To be fair, the same information that Randy Pitchford just revealed at PAX came to me this week and I even shared it with Moosh not long ago. So I wouldn't say it's fabricated like some ppl have suggested.

Regardless of any speculation, I think everyone should be happy. Moosh's efforts have been most impressive and she clearly deserves credit for having run such a great campaign. You've won to my eyes. So Congrats!

FightFinda

Too true, you deserve a big pat on the back, well done! Thanks for the consistent updates also ikarop :).

Moosh89

Yes thanks to ikarop for bestowing me with his knowledge, and calming me down from my b****fit I was about to unleash haha

And thank you all so much again! Your words are too kind!

PVTDukeMorrison

You should get your name in the game

Moosh89

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Sep 02, 2012, 12:23:40 AM
You should get your name in the game

I would be the one nobody in the game likes... Or dead haha

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed