Titan Books Unveils Novels Aliens: Vasquez By Author V. Castro

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 24, 2022, 04:22:54 PM

Author
Titan Books Unveils Novels Aliens: Vasquez By Author V. Castro (Read 37,901 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 24, 2022, 10:34:52 PM
They give us all this crap but they won't give us Morse's Star Beast . Outrageous  >:(

Yeah ugh... or a novel about Shaw and David between Prometheus and Alien Covenant.

But no, we are more likely to get crap nobody but plebs want like: Vasquez: An Aliens Story, Drake: An Aliens Story, Gorman: An Aliens Story, Hicks: An Aliens Story, Hudson: An Aliens Story, Apone: An Aliens Story, and bloody so on.

Not to mention piling on the Amanda Ripley stories nobody asked for.

As for Sea of Sorrows I am still offended that it and others are advertised in the back of Into Charybdis and Cold Forge, easy target to pick on but, like Twilight being advertised in the back of f**king Dracula.

Kradan

We need Newt prequel !

Saith

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 25, 2022, 09:05:07 AM
We need Newt prequel !

The Rebecca Jordan guide to Hide and Seek at Hadley's Hope?

Corporal Hicks

I still think that could have made an interesting Isolation expansion.

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 25, 2022, 09:02:56 AM
As for Sea of Sorrows I am still offended that it and others are advertised in the back of Into Charybdis and Cold Forge, easy target to pick on but, like Twilight being advertised in the back of f**king Dracula.

Deal with it  8)

426Buddy

They give us all this crap but they won't give us Morse's Star Beast . Outrageous  >:(

This is needed for sure.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 25, 2022, 11:30:47 AM

Deal with it  8)

Nope I tore them out. lol

irn

But no, we are more likely to get crap nobody but plebs want like: Vasquez: An Aliens Story, Drake: An Aliens Story, Gorman: An Aliens Story, Hicks: An Aliens Story, Hudson: An Aliens Story, Apone: An Aliens Story, and bloody so on.

Not to mention the offspring of each of these characters also seem to somehow find themselves in a battle with xenomorphs. Is there like some kind of legal limit to amount of new characters they are allowed to write?

Kailem

Yeah ugh... or a novel about Shaw and David between Prometheus and Alien Covenant.

"Aliens: 38, Simulated."

Local Trouble

I want a separate novel for each of Gorman's simulated drops.

Engineer

It's ironic...

The expanded universe has never felt smaller because they insist on making everything a family affair...

Isolation was a genuine surprise, and a rare gem. But I'm not counting on anything else, like this Vasquez novel, to pull off the same sort of feat.

Local Trouble

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 25, 2022, 06:21:38 PM

Ok, that made me laugh  :D

As I see it,  Isolation  was awesome despite Amanda's connection to Ripley not because of it. I know,  I  know, hearing Sigourney read these lines is heart-warming and gives you teary eyes but the game could've easily done without it and still be bloody great

Kailem

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 25, 2022, 07:49:05 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 25, 2022, 06:21:38 PM

Ok, that made me laugh  :D

As I see it,  Isolation  was awesome despite Amanda's connection to Ripley not because of it. I know,  I  know, hearing Sigourney read these lines is heart-warming and gives you teary eyes but the game could've easily done without it and still be bloody great

See, I feel the opposite. Sure you could have had an Isolation-style game without Amanda, but to me the thing that made it work was that her involvement in the story came about as a result of the same direct link to the original film that caused the events of the game to transpire in the first place. So even if the initial pitch might have been something along the lines of "Ripley's daughter vs Aliens", they made it work and didn't just shoehorn her in to a completely random Alien encounter like they could have. So in that case I thought it worked really well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed