Prey: BTS Thread

Started by ace3g, Aug 05, 2022, 09:57:57 PM

Author
Prey: BTS Thread (Read 42,531 times)

ace3g

ace3g

corvin.mack So last summer I went out to shoot an action movie, and it recently came out and is absolutely spectacular! Chefs kiss @dannytrs

I got the opportunity to work with a lot of really amazing people, as well as another lesson teaching me I need to take more photos 😅. I'm looking forward to seeing where we all go from here. Thank you all for such an amazing experience, and for the chance to be a part of one of, if not, THE best Predator movie! 💀🔥🏹

Go watch Prey, available now on #Hulu and #disneyplus
(A few more posts to come)

corvin.mack A few more pics of some of me and some of the dope peeps I worked with last summer, also turns out Calgary can look really nice.

warrenbigbull About #PREY, it's the first production I've ever worked on and I gotta say that I am immensely proud of what was created. The thing I'm most grateful for is the amazing people I got to work alongside, from top to bottom every person gave this experience there all and I'm proud to be counted among them.

Indigenous representation is important and this production hit the nail on the head, I look forward to seeing what this does for many youth that are still looking for a voice and image. Huge shout out to @thejhane for what she did for us and what she continues to do.
This was a one in a million chance, and this Niitsitapi got to be a part of it. Wouldn't change a thing.
#prey #preymovie

jennrs2
Here are some of my favourite photos from Prey!

jennrs2
#Prey is out!! This was one of the best set experiences I have ever had! Congratulations to @ambermidthunder and the rest of the cast and crew for #changingmylife
@Predator 3 As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.   

nelsonhleis And then there's this guy. I heard @dakota_beavers before I met him. A number of times. I'd be in my room, and I'd hear someone's incredible singing voice reverberating down the hallway. I called it The Country Music Angel (I did a video post about it a year ago) because it seemed like this omnipresent, leathery, buttery voice coming from the heavens. What a voice! And then I met him. What a guy! A kind, friendly, warm, dude. And then I saw #Prey. What a talent! Here's to you Dakota. Here's to you continuing to share that talent with the world. ❤️

***spot the little gnome in the background

ace3g

ace3g

dakota_beavers To say I'm thankful is a understatement. What a film to debut in, and what a group of people to work with. More posts to come. Thank you and hello to all the new followers! And please forgive me if I miss a comment or message, there are so many!!! But I am trying to look at them all! ☺️♥️. #prey #predator #dakotabeavers #ifitbleedswecankillit #horsearchery #summermovie

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.     

ace3g

ace3g

Kradan

Kradan

ace3g

ace3g

egbeaudoin #Prey is a fantastic film. The cast and crew were incredible. Very proud to have had the opportunity to be a part of it.

alanvillanueva_art Here are more War Paint, headdress, hair and tattoo concept designs I illustrated for #prey under the direction of Director Dan Trachtenberg and guidance from Producer Jhane Myers. Thank you SO much for having me!
There were tons of historical research images in the pot.
The challenge I faced with these concepts was to help create designs that looked rad while also having a pure Comanche influence with the motifs, designs and patterns.
Ultimately to respect and preserve the historical Comanche culture and aesthetic in the film, from what I had the pleasure of watching hulu , only Comanche details were utilized for the early 1700's time period. I had so much fun working on these!
The Makeup and Hair dept did a fantastic job!
@julianblackantelope_official as Kehetu!

Thank you for checking out my work,
I invite you to see it higher res in a better format at https://www.artstation.com/avillanueva

alanvillanueva_art Here is an early Warbonnet design for War Chief Kehetu for 20thCenturyStudios' PREY.
Had a blast working on this terrific film! Check it out!
Costume Design by Stephanie Porter, thanks for having me onboard!
@julianblackantelope_official as Kehetu

alanvillanueva_art Early on I was exploring a variety of War Paint, headdress, hair and tattoo concept designs under the direction of Director Dan Trachtenberg and guidance from Producer Jhane Myers.
There were tons of historical research images in the pot.
The challenge I faced with these concepts was to help create designs that looked rad while also having a pure Comanche influence with the motifs, designs and patterns.
Ultimately to respect and preserve the historical Comanche culture and aesthetic in the film, from what I had the pleasure of watching on Hulu, only Comanche details were utilized for the early 1700's time period. I had so much fun working on these!
The Makeup and Hair dept did a fantastic job!

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

ace3g

dakota_beavers Mark Nugent and myself. This guy is fantastic. Helped me make progress by leaps and bounds on the horses. Couldn't have done it without him. Also thank you to @randa_nugent & @xxcalfroperxx

alanvillanueva_art This was my concept for Big Beard the Fur Trapper. Only knowing that he was European and travelling south from Canada as the leader with a band of fellow fur trappers, had to have a "big beard" and was a huge jerk, this was what we came up with.
The authentic idea came up that he would be wearing Native accessories or "trophies" either traded or robbed.
Looking into the Northern Plains tribes, perhaps these trophies could be Iroquois, Mohawk or Huron.
A Northern Plains stolen knife sheath made of braintanned buckskin, dyed porcupine quills, beads, sinew with tin cones and dyed horse hair. We wrapped some Wool Assumption Sashes around his leather gaiters with Iroquoi inspired quill and wampum patterns. Arrowheads and a "repurposed" headwrap to throw in the mix too. To put the icing on the cake, we had some rolled up traded wool blankets on his pack.
He eventually dons a buffalo fur in the film.
Shout out to my bro Johan Haak @rig0rm0rtis_cotd who made it into my concept art way before casting began. You look great as a European Fur trapper bud!
Costume Designer Stephanie Porter put this ensemble together. She's super rad and always receptive to ideas and details I bring to the table! Thanks for having me!
Thank you for checking out my work,
I invite you to see it higher res in a better format at https://www.artstation.com/avillanueva

hoffmanstokes

hoffmanstokes

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 12:38:04 AMThought so, but it seemed weird he never really got mentioned by anyone other than himself as working on the film.

i'm told kyle is in 2-3 insert shots when dane wasn't available but was essentially his backup in case anything happened to dane

ttse92

ttse92

can't wait to see feral's concept arts and alternate designs

ModMonkey

ModMonkey

Not sure if anyone has shared this here yet but MV Creatures details the logic for the Feral design in Prey. I thought it was a pretty cool thread.

https://twitter.com/MV_Creatures/status/1557067955166674944?t=IIVWeTnPrzCcEqYkCIkpCg&s=19

ace3g

ace3g

bentayman Castmates! It was a pleasure to work with all of these talented individuals. I learned so much from all of them ❤️

alanvillanueva_art These early concepts of Chief Kehetu were early on in the design exploration phase. I had direction from Dan Trachtenberg and Jhane Myers for the war paint and created some ideas of my own.
Stephanie Porter was the Costume Designer and she provided research and relayed direction for the garments and Warbonnet. Thanks for having me!
The pattern graphics and color palette were provided as the wide curve shapes are very "Comanche." I had to figure out how that could aesthetically work on the leather strips on his shoulders, sleeves and moccasins.
Petroglyphs on the warshirt represents Kehetu's leadership on a majestic horseback buffalo hunt!

alanvillanueva_art Here are some of my Taabe concepts exploring initial war paint. His name translates to "our son/sun" and "sun king" depending on who's translating. We were trying out sunray and bird motif types of designs as well as other various shapes.
Ultimately his war paint was simplified to be more authentically Comanche.
Costume Designer Stephanie Porter gave awesome direction and details for his outfit. From the porcupine hair and eagle feather roach to the hairpin bone chest plate with fringe, mescal beans and buffalo bone beads...he was a great character to work on!
@dakota_beavers did SUCH a fantastic job portraying this character. Also super talented musician! check out @westernboyofficial
More to come!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Who's posts have been deleted? Was it Kyle's?

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 11, 2022, 11:56:14 AMWho's posts have been deleted? Was it Kyle's?

I believe so but so have a few other cast/crew IG posts.

bentayman This was a sticky greasy time. Fake blood in my hair and everywhere, dirt on all my visible parts. Crawling for miles, legs dug into holes. Fake teeth! But honestly I'd do it all again!! This movie was so important in so many ways. Representation, empowerment and how it will inspire the next generation! It feels like a step in a positive direction. It was such an honor to be a part of this piece. It was all worth it!!

Another shoutout here to @gomyo for the dental care 😝

Also to the armourers who taught me to shoot the flintlock pistol! 📸 by @patersongrams

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed