Prey: BTS Thread

Started by ace3g, Aug 05, 2022, 09:57:57 PM

Author
Prey: BTS Thread (Read 43,761 times)

ace3g

ace3g

Now this is where gradually following the entire cast/crew on IG throughout filming will come in handy.

**BTS starts at 3rd photo in reel.

QuoteAfter being quiet about this film for over a year to the first time I've seen this film finished in Oklahoma this spring, I knew it would be something special. Not only for movie fans, but more specifically First Nation and Native American people across Turtle Island, indigenous people across the world. I've never seen a more ethically and properly produced Hollywood film portraying Indigenous people. From the hiring of all the indigenous cast thanks to the help of Comanche producer Jhane Myers, then the filming on reserve land to the hiring indigenous crew members, the inclusivity that this film has provided has been ground breaking and long overdue. Dan Trachtenberg did a phenomenal job and I can't thank him enough. He was very open minded, well intended and receptive to the Ndn peoples input, especially the Comanche Nation (yenno how blunt indians can be lol), and I can't begin to tell y'all how proud I am of my girlfriend Amber, to be the first Native American woman to be an action hero and lead such a giant franchise, it has never been done before, and it doesn't get talked about enough. She did it for the Indigenous people that didn't have anything to look up to growing up n say "I wanna be like that person", she did it with our youth in mind to know that it's possible, and that's the most admirable part about this whole thing. I can't think of anybody better suited to represent our people. But that's enough from me, go watch Prey and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Ninanaskomin.
11m

QuoteIm very proud of this one. Prey was a challenging film to work on which is my favourite kind. So much problem solving went into this one!

I am so thankful we pushed really hard to use a real thermal camera for the iconic Predator vision shots. I worked closely with Ryan Cook our VFX supervisor to come up with a poor man's stereographic rig built by our brilliant 1st @pascalbois and @larabannister

**New one- 2nd from last

ace3g

ace3g

QuoteI didn't know what to expect when I auditioned for this role and got the part along side some of the best human beings I've ever worked with. It was an honour to represent the Comanche Nation in this film! Learning the different words in Nʉmʉnʉ was so interesting. I'm really proud of everyone that took part in making this story come to life on the big screen. @dannytrs did an outstanding job and deserves a ton of credit for this amazing film. I hope you all enjoy this film! Out now on Hulu and Disney+ 🏹⚡️

#prey #predator #20thcenturyfox #hulu #disney #indigenous

SiL

SiL

So there is a practical head! Cool. Who's in the other Predator suit though?

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: SiL on Aug 06, 2022, 12:34:06 AMSo there is a practical head! Cool. Who's in the other Predator suit though?

Kyle Strauts

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

SiL

SiL

Thought so, but it seemed weird he never really got mentioned by anyone other than himself as working on the film.

ace3g

ace3g

Probably did a few scenes/stunt work including those with the combistick.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I was wondering where Kyle Strauts was all this time, I have my answer.

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 06, 2022, 10:46:18 AMI was wondering where Kyle Strauts was all this time, I have my answer.

He was cloaked.

ace3g

ace3g

QuoteToo many special memories from #Prey to post all at once. I'm blessed to have shared some moments with these creators. @ambermidthunder is fantastic as the lead of this film. The captain of the ship @dannytrs created a beautiful epic story.

QuoteThis is very close to the Final Design for War Chief Kehetu for the film PREY. Amazing film, just watched it, check it out!
It was important to stay true to the historical Comanche culture as well as the materials, motifs and designs authentic to their 17th and 18th century time period.
I was very fortunate to work under both Director Dan Trachtenberg and costume designer Stephanie Porter.
Thanks for bringing me onboard!
@julianblackantelope_official looked fantastic on screen.
Lots more to come! Thanks for checking it out...Higher Res images on https://www.artstation.com/avillanueva

ace3g

ace3g

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg7Kbe2uhGVVO7KcjgG_fj2BQ6kgcDJmz5uC9I0/

QuoteLast summer I had the honour of starring in PREY. The Crew and Cast of this film were amazing! I also took the time to make an arrow using only the tools nature provided me. 🏹🏹🏹🏹🛸 @dannytrs @ambermidthunder @dakota_beavers @thejhane @dd
Video creds: @actorkylestrauts

@premieretalentmanagement
@brendacampbell_talentagent
@disneyplus
@ptmmovement

#prey #predator #film #disney #hulu #warrior

Quote*spoilers for 'prey' in the slides!* This was me last summer and my pal Predator. They're very friendly once you get to know them. Also so very fun to hunt with because they have all the latest gear the 1710's have to offer! But be careful because if they step on you it may hurt and they might mistake you for a booby trap and spear you with their very long arm-swords. Whoops!

#predator #prey #rapheal #flintlockpistol #bennetttaylor

QuoteThe final day with our cast and stunt team on the Disney+ movie Prey! Excellent work everybody!!
#prey #predator #stunts #preymovie

Best summer camp ever - covering people with blood and on professional fringe patrol. So grateful for the best team and best cast. 💚 Go stream PREY now!!

ace3g

ace3g

QuoteLast summers adventure. It was an adventure alright but you have fun in between the moments.
#skulls #predator #prey #filmlife

When you Prey together, you play together. Spent three months hanging out with these beautiful gents in Calgary, ready to answer the call at any minute for active French Fur Trapper duty. One year later, our group text chain is still as active as ever. Love you @troymundle @patersongrams @bentayman

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.   

I grew up loving the original Predator, so it was pretty amazing to have a small part in that universe doing reshoots for Prey with @gyula_pados_dp and @dannytrs while being supported by some of the best technicians and filmmakers in the business.

ace3g

ace3g

Some BTS recording #preymovie swipe left :)

Huge thank you to my small but mighty team on this. Your support was invaluable:

Jonathan Mayer
Jason Graves
Nicole Jacobus
💚💚💚💚

Music editors:
Steve Perone
Dan DiPrima

Mixed by Frank Wolf and Greg Hayes

Orchestration - Tim Davies

Percussion performances:
M.B. Gordy
Brain Mantia
Jason Graves
Robert Mirabal

Woodwind solo performances:
Robert Mirabal
Pedro Eustache
Ashley Jarmack

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

I got nauseous looking at that practical head puppet for Feral. We need to lock it away where it can't hurt anyone.

Car1os

Car1os

Quote from: The Shuriken on Aug 07, 2022, 04:29:12 AMI got nauseous looking at that practical head puppet for Feral. We need to lock it away where it can't hurt anyone.
:laugh:

Them 10-pack abs though! :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed