Battlefield Series

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 14, 2015, 02:32:01 PM

Author
Battlefield Series (Read 18,110 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-5-is-currently-in-development-says-dice-rep/

I really hope it's a 2140-something or a Bad Company 3.

Shinawi

Shinawi

I hope it takes place in Syria and Ukraine. And we get to rescue at least 30 hostages from a large scale terrorist attack in Paris or London.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Probably too sensitive a topic for now. I can already see plenty of complaints.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

I really don't want a future battlefield. Every shooter out there has booster packs and armour ability mechanics. I hate this trend right now, I prefer a more realistic approach. Getting to use recognizable guns and not made up ones is a must for me. I'd like a full European based game, even if it's a made up country.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Either Bad Company 3 or WW2/Vietnam. Though I do see the possibilities with today's engines, I'm so f'in done with modern/future. A WW2 game on Frostbite would be incredible, imagine a full sized Normandy invasion with destruction and the graphic fidelity of Battlefront. Vietnam could fill the gap in between also, it's not modern yet it's still far enough in the past that it doesn't feel too overdone. And then there's Bad Company 3, I'd love to see the Russian invasion of the US finally realized in video game form (MW2 didn't do it for me) and finally finish the story.

Also I don't care what the game is, but each team needs their own weapons. Seeing Russian VDV running around with M4 carbines or Chinese type 95's really breaks the immersion for me. If you can unlock the other teams weapons at the higher levels that's okay, but it should really go back to the BF3 style of weapon selection

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I understand the hesitance for a future Battlefield. I don't play any of those other games though and I'm dying to see them take BF and Frostbite into that futuristic setting. But then again, as long as whatever we get goes back to that near complete destructibility that brought me into this franchise I'll be happy.

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Dec 15, 2015, 02:44:45 AM
And then there's Bad Company 3, I'd love to see the Russian invasion of the US finally realized in video game form (MW2 didn't do it for me) and finally finish the story.

This would make me extremely happy though. I loved all the humor of the Bad Companys. I want more!

Randomizer

Randomizer

"Jesus, another Battlefield game?"

"Yes."

"Can't they come up with something new? Has the video game industry gone completely retarded?"

"No, but those graphics look nice. Maybe they'll make Bad Company 3."

"Leave those guys alone, damn it ! Did Hardline even have a singleplayer campaign? *checks internet* Seems like it, but I'm not taking the bite. Looks like Payday 2 without the funny masks."

"We have no solid info yet, so let's just wait for the reviews and not rant so much."

"Fine. Titanfall 2 in 2017? What the..."

*forgets completely about the game*

My exact opinion at this moment.

Shinawi

Shinawi

The last Battlefield that I played was the third one a few years ago.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Shinawi on Dec 15, 2015, 04:14:43 PM
The last Battlefield that I played was the third one a few years ago.

Still the best game they've made. If ever rose tinted spectacles applied to a game it would Bad Company 2. That game has aged terribly.

Toxic34

Toxic34

Worst Battlefield game in my opinion is 2: Modern Combat. Controls are much more wonky in comparison to what came afterwards. Still, I hope my Xbox 360 copy is compatible for Xbox One for completion's sake.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2015, 09:02:56 AM
I understand the hesitance for a future Battlefield. I don't play any of those other games though and I'm dying to see them take BF and Frostbite into that futuristic setting. But then again, as long as whatever we get goes back to that near complete destructibility that brought me into this franchise I'll be happy.

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Dec 15, 2015, 02:44:45 AM
And then there's Bad Company 3, I'd love to see the Russian invasion of the US finally realized in video game form (MW2 didn't do it for me) and finally finish the story.

This would make me extremely happy though. I loved all the humor of the Bad Companys. I want more!
The only way I'd like a 2143 game is if it had heavily armored dropships that aren't frail craptastic flying targets (BF4 helo's). If I could have a map where one team assaults with dropships landing, dropping troops, and then providing CAS, I'd be a happy camper

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Toxic34 on Dec 16, 2015, 01:14:51 AM
Worst Battlefield game in my opinion is 2: Modern Combat.

I've just met you and I have already planned your doom.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Deathbearer on Dec 16, 2015, 05:07:25 AM
Quote from: Toxic34 on Dec 16, 2015, 01:14:51 AM
Worst Battlefield game in my opinion is 2: Modern Combat.

I've just met you and I have already planned your doom.

I found I got into the swing of that quite well. Granted, it has been an age since I played it though.

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Dec 16, 2015, 02:34:54 AM
The only way I'd like a 2143 game is if it had heavily armored dropships that aren't frail craptastic flying targets (BF4 helo's). If I could have a map where one team assaults with dropships landing, dropping troops, and then providing CAS, I'd be a happy camper

That would suit me perfectly fine!

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/02/26/battlefield-5-reportedly-set-in-world-war-1-according-to-retailer

If this is true then this is extremely ballsy. My bet though is that it's either fake or the Germans forgot to add an extra 1 to WW1

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Arrgggh...I'd prefer it not be set in the past primarily because I like the depth of customisation on the gear in Battlefield. I can't see it having that being set in WW1. That said...it'd be a nice change of pace in setting when compared to the current shooters. I just really want to get my modern Battlefield 2140-something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed