Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links)

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 27, 2015, 09:37:01 PM

Author
Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links) (Read 74,704 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Two more Alien movies? I think eight movies are enough.. I am accounting the AvPs and the Prometheus movies too. Nine is a little much.. Ten is just... Mmmmrphh.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 08, 2015, 02:13:03 AM
Two more Alien movies? I think eight movies are enough.. I am accounting the AvPs and the Prometheus movies too. Nine is a little much.. Ten is just... Mmmmrphh.

I  personally count,

Predator, Predator 2, Shane Black's Predator, Predators, Prometheus, Paradise, Alien, Aliens, (A3 & A:R) Neill Blompkamp's Alien III.

So we're already on eleven, likely to be getting 12 and 13 if things go well with both Paradise and N-B's Alien.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 08, 2015, 02:13:03 AM

For me, 1 was fine: Alien. : P

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 08, 2015, 01:28:15 AM
Folks let's keep this thread limited to facts (or at least the closest thing we can get) only.  There are plenty of other commentary sections in the forum.

It looks like there may be 2 Alien films from Blomkamp!

http://screencrush.com/neill-blomkamp-alien-two-films/

Here is another website saying the same thing.  It would be awesome if Blomkamp did 2 Aliens films!

http://www.movieweb.com/alien-5-movie-sequel-neill-blomkamp-two-movies

This is purely conjecture. Surely FOX will want to continue the franchise but Blomkamp is merely acknowleging the room for more than one film. And many, many of us have noticed that there are massive gaps and a lack of clarity in the time line that can be exploited and this is likely all he is noting as well. There is plenty of space b/w ALIEN and ALIENS and no reason to rule out the space b/w ALIENS and ALIEN3...

But this does seem to confirm that his film is filling one of these gaps. Possibly both. But one thing can be certain - these reporters don't know what they are talking about when they place his film bw ALIEN and ALIENS because Hicks wasn't hit with acid yet, nor introduced to the story.

The only way this could be between ALIEN and ALIENS is if Ripley deliberately doesn't want the company to know about whatever happens between those two films, and the same can be said for it taking place after Aliens.

Of course Blomkamps film could take place between both films. Meaning he can introduce something bw Alien and Aliens then pick it back up after Aliens.

But right now ALL CONJECTURE. No facts.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Or y'know if you really want to do a story with Hicks & Ripley- you're better to outright ignore one of the films to make that story rather than idiotically dancing around it with clones/memories/dreams crap.

I can see more films in both "timelines" yes, but do I think films in the A3 timeline will include Hicks and Ripley?

To quote A3 "No f*cking way."

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 08, 2015, 12:52:05 PM
Or y'know if you really want to do a story with Hicks & Ripley- you're better to outright ignore one of the films to make that story rather than idiotically dancing around it with clones/memories/dreams crap.

I agree with this. I strongly, and violently agree with this!

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Mar 08, 2015, 06:41:30 PM

I agree with this. I strongly, and violently agree with this!

Guys, you make valid points.  Totally... but this thread is set up to collect all the latest facts or at least news only.  Its a place where we can go to see what is the latest info that is flying around out there in the news.  It may not be 100% factual but certainly this is not da place for opinions.  There are ample threads under the Alien 5 section to do that, or it takes 1 click to make a new one.  Let's make this thread an info-only resource.

CainsSon

CainsSon

I can see more films in both "timelines" yes, but do I think films in the A3 timeline will include Hicks and Ripley?

To quote A3 "No f*cking way."

Its entirely plausible to place a film between Aliens and Alien 3 without treading on the events in either film. I worked it out in my head the other night and watched Alien3 to confirm what I had come up with. Nothing in Alien 3 would contradict a story between Aliens and Alien3, and if you handle the ending of it properly, it could make Alien 3 a better film.
The problem really is the aging process. In Hicks case, his face is largely covered. But in Sigourney's they would have to work on it with CGI ala TRON Legacy.

This may not be what he wants to do, but there is conflicting evidence to explain whether this will outright retcon 3 and 4.

I am also strictly against cloning and dreams. Dreams, especially.
In truth, I would rather they continued without Ripley altogether than retcon ALIEN 3. 

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

No it's corny no matter what way you do it, it isn't happening.

(Thank Christ for that.)

And for the hundredth millionth time this isn't a retcon, A3 isn't being erased but it is being ignored which equates to an alternate timeline-
I don't get what's so difficult to (accept &) understand about this.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 08, 2015, 09:07:11 PM
No it's corny no matter what way you do it, it isn't happening.

(Thank Christ for that.)

And for the hundredth millionth time this isn't a retcon, A3 isn't being erased but it is being ignored which equates to an alternate timeline-
I don't get what's so difficult to (accept &) understand about this.

Are you serious? What differentiates a RETCON from an ALTERNATE TIMELINE?

There are still multiple reports on a regular basis that provide conflicting info. Blomkamp's words say "I get the opportunity to fill in the gap" and "I'm not trying to undo 3 and 4"... You taking that confusion and creating some difference between a retcon and an alternate timeline is odd. There is no difference, unless Fox were to literally try and destroy all future copies of ALien3 ... Is that what you think constitutes a retcon? A retcon implies an alternate timeline. Its the same thing.

Now, unless I've dreamed this stuff myself - over the years, fans, like Blomkamp, who dislike the third film have been going on and on (for decades now) about how something else has to have happened to get the egg on the sulaco - so it doesn't seem in the least bit strange to suggest that he intends to make his film that something, apart from the age difference which has been accounted for by much lesser franchises like TRON in the past.

Do I pretend to KNOW this is what is happening? NO.

But neither do you and your assertion that an ALTERNATE TIMELINE is somehow not implied by a retcon is just bizarre.
A retcon automatically creates an alternate timeline.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

Well, if they put it between AS & A3 it'll be the death of the franchise for me.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Son Of Kane on Mar 08, 2015, 09:28:14 PM
Well, if they put it between AS & A3 it'll be the death of the franchise for me.

To me you have more to lose if you go with ignoring films. Because then if it sucks or is poorly received - which i think is inevitable. Considering peoples conflicting opinions on several alien films. So i just feel like the only rite way to go is forward and either improve on 4 or just leave ripley out of it. If it was me id make and alien series for cable and leave it alone.
I actually like blomkamp - the end of chappie went a bit downhill - but i expect to like this film but fans to end up wishimg alien 3 never got retconned. I expect any third part of a trilogy to be devisive by default and i think history repeats itself
But i also expect to like the movie.
Im iust laughing at the very little it takes to get people excited over what has no guarantee to be good.

Son Of Kane

Son Of Kane

I fully expect it to be bad, I just wouldn't be able to stomach the "inbetweequel" unless it was after A3 but before A:R and didn't include Ripley.

If you're going to include Ripley it has to either be a retcon or after A:R and considering Ripley 8 isn't even Ellen Ripley to most- only one of those options is viable.

But I could be wrong it could be good, just like "Paradise" the odds are against us- but I can hope.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: NickisSmart on Mar 07, 2015, 10:57:36 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 02, 2015, 09:24:32 PM
Perhaps I should have been clearer. I'm referring to the phrase "going back to the roots". You read my AvP3 wishlist, I expressed a dislike for it in there.

It makes sense to me. Going back to the source material, or more accurately to what make the series so likeable in the first place. What's not to like?

I hate the phrase, not the intention. It's over-used and nearly meaningless in terms of the actual result. AvPR was consistently saying it was "going back to the roots".

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 08, 2015, 06:49:55 PM
Guys, you make valid points.  Totally... but this thread is set up to collect all the latest facts or at least news only.  Its a place where we can go to see what is the latest info that is flying around out there in the news.  It may not be 100% factual but certainly this is not da place for opinions.  There are ample threads under the Alien 5 section to do that, or it takes 1 click to make a new one.  Let's make this thread an info-only resource.

It was a valiant effort, man. I was even hoping this thread would have been my go-to place for all the juice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed