Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links)

Started by Perfect-Organism, Feb 27, 2015, 09:37:01 PM

Author
Alien V - Facts and Rumors Compilation (Provide Links) (Read 74,714 times)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

http://www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/23891/1/neill-blomkamp-wants-to-take-alien-back-to-its-roots

With thanks to: Tough little S.O.B.

"It's the inverse in that now I get to make the third film of the first two, which I think never happened. I think they made the first two and then went off the rails with these other ones. I wanna try as a fan to fill in that gap. It all stems from being probably one of the most ego-less directors in Hollywood and I think that that plays a big role. If you're inward focused and narcissistic and thinking about your fans then that's when weird shit starts happening. If you stay grounded then you can make stuff that actually is balanced and has something to say. I don't want to give much away but what I can say confidently is that Alien and Aliens are my favourite films and where it went after Aliens was incorrect to me as a fan. I didn't want that world, I wanted the first two and that's what I want to go back to."

http://whatculture.com/film/michael-biehn-says-hell-be-back-for-neill-blomkamps-alien-movie.php

Further confirmation of Biehn's involvement.  Nothing new really...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That. f**king. Phrase.

Thankfully Neill never says it.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 02, 2015, 08:46:34 PM
That. f**king. Phrase.

I'm in support of it but that's immaterial if it was never really said.  How do you know?

Russ

Russ

That. f**king. Phrase.

What phrase! What phrase!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 02, 2015, 08:56:29 PM
That. f**king. Phrase.

I'm in support of it but that's immaterial if it was never really said.  How do you know?

I read the article.

Russ

Russ

So did I, but i didn't see "dream" or "retcon" -- you had me going there for a minute man, I was like "what did I miss!"

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Perhaps I should have been clearer. I'm referring to the phrase "going back to the roots". You read my AvP3 wishlist, I expressed a dislike for it in there.

Russ

Russ

Of course, sorry man, I was fixated on the other things.

RakaiThwei

Russ

Russ

I reckon that's just his view, Rakai - as he says he "hopes not", but I'm sure Ridley and Cameron felt the same way, but that won't stop Fox from dusting off AvP if Black'n'Blom's movies are hits.

Shared universe might be something they'd steer clear off, but I don't know - not now that F&S is officially the new canon (it is isn't it?) and done away with all other EU stuff?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Russ on Mar 06, 2015, 10:25:45 AM
Shared universe might be something they'd steer clear off, but I don't know - not now that F&S is officially the new canon (it is isn't it?) and done away with all other EU stuff?

This would be my face right now. A sheer look of potential defeat.

I liked the AvP movies, the first one probably just as much or more than you (I can do without Requiem). But with the direction which Fox is going in, and a direction which I don't agree with.. I really hope we don't get something done like how Marvel is doing with the films.

Russ

Russ

I think Marvel really have it nailed as far as the fanbase goes - I love Marvel movies (I'm a bigger DC fan, it has to be said) but I've kind of suffered from not seeing Cap America II and Thor II. I used to watch Agents of Shield, but what I found was you have to be bang up to date with the movies as well because they reference things that you may not have seen. In S2 of Shield, I was totally lost because I didn't know what they were going on about half the time.

It's pure fan service - and in a good way as I'm in minority not having kept up with the movies, but I can't let that take away from the brilliant work they've done with linking and connecting all this stuff up.

I think that would be possible to do with A(vP) too, but it's a big call for them to make. I really do think AvP3 will see the light of day, but I wonder if they'd be brave enough to reference Black'n'Blom's films... I just don't know.

I guess it depends on how they handle AvP3 - what they think the market is. It wouldn't be hard to make a more cerebral take on the "versus" aspect, but I imagine it'll be all about the demographic in that Aliens and Predator are (obviously) cinematic works where as the Versus is based on a game.

I don't think these retries at Aliens and Predator will inform the versus movie at this stage. But sequels might?

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 02, 2015, 09:24:32 PM
Perhaps I should have been clearer. I'm referring to the phrase "going back to the roots". You read my AvP3 wishlist, I expressed a dislike for it in there.

It makes sense to me. Going back to the source material, or more accurately to what make the series so likeable in the first place. What's not to like?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Folks let's keep this thread limited to facts (or at least the closest thing we can get) only.  There are plenty of other commentary sections in the forum.

It looks like there may be 2 Alien films from Blomkamp!

http://screencrush.com/neill-blomkamp-alien-two-films/

Here is another website saying the same thing.  It would be awesome if Blomkamp did 2 Aliens films!

http://www.movieweb.com/alien-5-movie-sequel-neill-blomkamp-two-movies

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed