Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 386,705 times)

Xenomrph

I hope they remember that Linn and Dutch were androids, according to the manual that came with the AvP arcade machines. :P

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Dec 14, 2013, 05:47:20 PM
Also, anyone excited about the latest update?
"In other news, we have some pretty amazing news. We have been very kindly allowed to create versions of the characters 'Major Dutch Schaefer' and 'Lieutenant Linn Kurosawa' from the Alien vs Predator arcade game. These characters will be a first for the AvP Miniatures Game, as there have been no named characters as of yet. These two characters will fit into our timeline and story, both serving in the USCM. "

Why? Whyyy? *ugh!*

I wish they could've put that extra effort in use when making the Alien Infant Warriors (original Alien design please) or the Alien Stalkers (what's going on with the arms and legs on that one?). Just saying.

Xenomrph

We knew they were going to do this from the start. From day-1 of the Kickstarter they said they were going to include EU stuff of all kinds.

And if you don't like it... don't buy it. :) The add-on minis are each sold separately. Buy what you like, skip what you don't.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 14, 2013, 11:26:12 PM
We knew they were going to do this from the start. From day-1 of the Kickstarter they said they were going to include EU stuff of all kinds.

And if you don't like it... don't buy it. :) The add-on minis are each sold separately. Buy what you like, skip what you don't.
Thankfully, everything needed to play is in the box... add ons aren't required! So if you hate something, you weren't forced into buying it! Genius!

Corporal Hicks

I quite like the inclusion of the arcade characters. Gives it some more charm.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 17, 2013, 08:11:43 AM
I quite like the inclusion of the arcade characters. Gives it some more charm.
I do too. I've never even played it but I can appreciate it. You can basically just buy what you want and make it your own.

[cancerblack]

Have to say, I'm not a big fan of the stalkers either. Dem boring limbs... good thing I only have to fix five of them.

Corporal Hicks

Have we had any indication about when the pledge calculator comes out? I haven't had a chance to speak to Prodos recently so was wondering if it'd been mentioned somewhere?

[cancerblack]

"Early next year."   

I've heard as late as February mentioned, but I don't think anyone knows for sure.

Corporal Hicks

I've dropped Mark an e-mail about it. I'm hoping I get my ass into gear and write my preview up this weekend. Just been so slammed lately.  :(

[cancerblack]

Looking forward to it. :)

[cancerblack]

W.I.P. Warriors shown. I'm suddenly a lot less excited, ugh.

Corporal Hicks

Too much AvPR in that. Time to make noise! Like the loader though!

Made a start on my preview btw.

Shadow

i was hoping for a selection from all films. that way each to his own choice of design style

SpreadEagleBeagle

The Warriors look like absolute crap  :'( ...I thought the Infant Warriors sucked and the Stalker's arms and legs looked a little iffy, but damn, this really blows. They basically gave us the bobbleheadmorph from AvP:R... Why??? What's wrong with Cameron's ridge-heads? I don't get these guys. Their Marine models are awesome and so are their Predator models (even though I don't agree with their portrayal of a female Predator). Why not the Alien models?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed