Possible Character Details

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 06, 2021, 05:38:32 AM

Author
Possible Character Details (Read 47,016 times)

skhellter

skhellter

sounds like they're gonna do Cold Forge shenanigans with mind/body transfer.

I can imagine WY deciding to kidnap an important person and just copying/transferring their mind onto a more pliable, easy to command synthetic frame.

also sounds like the basic framework of the series will be... "guy trying to uncover a conspiracy" which... is fine.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 06, 2021, 01:26:18 PM
sounds like they're gonna do Cold Forge shenanigans with mind/body transfer.

I can imagine WY deciding to kidnap an important person and just copying/transferring their mind onto a more pliable, easy to command synthetic frame.

Given that I haven't read Cold Forge, wouldn't it just be easier to make an android duplicate or just an android in general rather than create a slave with extra steps?

skhellter

skhellter

that is NOT the plot of Cold Forge, of course. (which is wonderful and i won't spoil for you).

Just speculating on what this show could do.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Probably not final but the names suggest a more Legion orientated approach than Fargo, often that the character's names in it said something direct about what they are. Examples Cary and Kerry, Syd and Switch come to mind.

I hope he does his usual of reusing actors and we get Hamish Linklater and others such as Navid Negahban.

Both as of recently also have superb experience playing cult like leaders.
Spoiler
With monsters.
[close]

Bill Irwin I'd also like to see as a scientist once again. I'd advise against Amber Midthunder returning, with her being in Predator Skulls and all, but then again the late great Bill Paxton starred in both an Alien and Predator film so who knows really...

As for the whole, woman playing a man, that's in reality a woman in a man's body thing, that does not sound as completely out of nowhere for people who have read Alien The Cold Forge and have experienced Noah Hawley's Legion.

Amahl Farouk in that has had multiple actors play the part male and female, whilst still being completely a man, it's difficult to explain without watching it yourself.

In the first Season he's mainly played by Aubrey Plaza whilst she's trapped inside her body. Then onwards, he's also played by Jemaine Clement, whilst also Aubrey Plaza, whilst truly represented by Navid Negahban in the second and third seasons.

No "transition narrative" present, in any of this, but he's done this kind of thing before's really my point, and it does not make sense until you see it visually presented.

Although I am very much up for a trans narrative in Alien and think it's been a long time coming.

skhellter

skhellter

i'd like Noah to depict WY at their highest peak of success. Just absolute "gods among mortals". Capitalist royalty.
(that's one aspect of Prometheus i didn't mind.)

Just take it one step further than Prometheus did.....

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 06, 2021, 01:24:46 PM
Alternatively it's a really clumsy way of saying they want a trans character.

It does seem clumsy at first glance. I just hope there is great idea that lead to the genesis of this character's backstory and not the other way around. I hope this science expirement wasn't created because trans people will really be able to relate to this character! The point being, if you start with a desire for a character that trans people can relate to - I say, just make a trans character. Don't make it a result of an expirement.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 06, 2021, 01:53:12 PM
i'd like Noah to depict WY at their highest peak of success. Just absolute "gods among mortals". Capitalist royalty.
(that's one aspect of Prometheus i didn't mind.)

Just take it one step further than Prometheus did.....
Further how? What you thinking exactly?

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 06, 2021, 02:02:12 PM
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 06, 2021, 01:24:46 PM
Alternatively it's a really clumsy way of saying they want a trans character.

It does seem clumsy at first glance. I just hope there is great idea that lead to the genesis of this character's backstory and not the other way around. I hope this science expirement wasn't created because trans people will really be able to relate to this character! The point being, if you start with a desire for a character that trans people can relate to - I say, just make a trans character. Don't make it a result of an experiment.
We don't know necessarily that it is though, even if I'd be all for that as a theme, because as I said in my Legion TL;DR he's done this kinda thing once before. 

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 06, 2021, 02:10:01 PM

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/RY6kPe

(but at a more sensible scale)  :laugh:

go full "we live in pyramids" Blade Runner style bullshit.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

We don't know necessarily that it is though, even if I'd be all for that as a theme, because as I said in my Legion TL;DR he's done this kinda thing once before.

True. And especially not ever watching Legion myself, I trust your perspective. :)

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 06, 2021, 01:48:06 PM
Probably not final but the names suggest a more Legion orientated approach than Fargo, often that the character's names in it said something direct about what they are. Examples Cary and Kerry, Syd and Switch come to mind.

I hope he does his usual of reusing actors and we get Hamish Linklater and others such as Navid Negahban.

After being introduced to him in Midnight Mass, I would absolutely love Hamish Linklater in this! 👏

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 06, 2021, 02:13:24 PM

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/RY6kPe

(but at a more sensible scale)  :laugh:

go full "we live in pyramids" Blade Runner style bullshit.

Funny that...

skhellter

skhellter

blade runner is not canon, it'll never be canon... repeat this in the morning 10x.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 06, 2021, 02:37:12 PM
blade runner is not canon, it'll never be canon... repeat this in the morning 10x.

I'm insinuating something but it ain't that so...
Check your PM's mate.

Here's my hint to the rest of you:

TheTest

TheTest

Get Alexis Louder's agent on the phone stat!

Master

Master

Sounds like another of this transgender bullshit, nowadays media is full of. Do we really need it in an Alien series? Can't it just be about, well, Aliens?

Give us series about W-Y's last attepmt on Lv-426 and why they actually need to clone alien in Res. Simple downfall story, no need for all this convoluted bullshit.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

"Transgender bullshit" can you like... not insult people? Thank you

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed