"What If There Are Other Companies Trying To Look At Immortality In a Different Way?"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 05, 2022, 03:03:56 AM

Author
"What If There Are Other Companies Trying To Look At Immortality In a Different Way?" (Read 14,321 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: acrediblesource on Jan 08, 2022, 12:58:45 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 06, 2022, 07:44:53 PM
Since everything is in execution, I'll judge once I see the finished product.

No you must judge now! and become apart of the forum's douchey artsy aristocrat brigade!

They all f**ked off years ago, calm your tits bruh.

TC

Hawley was asked how the world-building was going:

NH: "It's going great. It's going slowly, unfortunately, given the scale of it."

Translation: I've hardly done much at all, I was too busy writing my novel.

NH: "Alien is a fascinating story because it's not just a monster movie; it's about how we're trapped between the primordial past and the artificial intelligence of our future, where both trying to kill us."

Translation: I've spent so little time on it I'll just repeat that cute little epithet I came up with months ago in that other interview. It's kind of snappy, don't you think?

Actually, in his defense, he was asked about the world-building and that's probably all he feels comfortable talking about, secrecy 'n all that. I expect he'd get a severe wrist slapping if he started talking about plot and characters.

TC

[cancerblack]

There's actually been a surprising amount of character details make their way into the public.

They're all just kinda... Blade Runner-y.

skhellter

skhellter

Noah was already pretty open about the alien presence in the show.
He set it on earth so that the aliens' risk of spreading would be even higher.
If you're not expecting multiple aliens after that comment... then ???  ???

Aliens work best when the how and why of their presence is a mystery at the start.
So he's probably more comfortable talking about the human side to not spoil things.

He seems like a competent enough storyteller, then.

this thread is a storm in a teacup.

BlueMarsalis79

You're right, but as far as discussion of this show's concerned honestly, I'll take what I can get.

Nightmare Asylum

Given the various goals that Hawley has cited as being driving forces for the corporations in the show, and the nature of the Alien itself as a biomechanical entity that bridges the various abstracts that Hawley has talked about into one singular "perfect" being, I also can't imagine any possibility where the endgame human/corporate goal here isn't to derive new tech (or enhance preexisting tech) directly from the Alien.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 09, 2022, 02:20:39 PM
Given the various goals that Hawley has cited as being driving forces for the corporations in the show, and the nature of the Alien itself as a biomechanical entity that bridges the various abstracts that Hawley has talked about into one singular "perfect" being, I also can't imagine any possibility where the endgame human/corporate goal here isn't to derive new tech (or enhance preexisting tech) directly from the Alien.

It is so obvious how come I never saw it...

A new spin on an old franchise idea.

Mfw people get mad the show becomes about either continuing on our own path or utilizing the perfect artificial intelligence in the form of the Alien.

Corporal Hicks

I'm writing up the news article now, but the name of another company that is looking at immortality in a different way is the Prodigy Corporation.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

That was an actual company in the 80's and 90's

QuoteProdigy Communications Corporation (Prodigy Corp., Prodigy Services Co) was an online service from 1984 to 2001 that offered its subscribers access to a broad range of networked services, including news, weather, shopping, bulletin boards, games, polls, expert columns, banking, stocks, travel, and a variety of other features.

Local Trouble

Bughuntwilson

If you ask me it sounds to me noah hawley wants to do altred carbon instead of alien with this talk of AI

If you ask me it sounds to me noah hawley wants to do altred carbon instead of alien with this talk of AI

SiL

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 09, 2022, 12:31:26 PM
Noah was already pretty open about the alien presence in the show.
He set it on earth so that the aliens' risk of spreading would be even higher.
If you're not expecting multiple aliens after that comment... then ???  ???
But are the Aliens driving the plot, or are they just there to provide some drama?

QuoteAliens work best when the how and why of their presence is a mystery at the start.
Start of what, exactly?

If we talk about Alien, for example, we usually mention the fact the space truckers find them on a derelict spaceship upfront. That doesn't spoil anything.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 09, 2022, 02:20:37 PM
I also can't imagine any possibility where the endgame human/corporate goal here isn't to derive new tech (or enhance preexisting tech) directly from the Alien.
Then maybe mention that the Aliens play into this goal? There's literally no benefit to being coy about that. It doesn't need to be a spoiler, just even casually mentioning that the Aliens have anything to do with what he considers the heart of the story.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Dr. Malcolm on Jan 07, 2022, 07:23:37 AM
You do plan to have aliens in your Alien show, right?

News on this front coming later today/tonight.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed