[Exclusive] Introducing The FX Alien Series Writers Room & Episode Titles

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 25, 2022, 01:48:48 PM

Author
[Exclusive] Introducing The FX Alien Series Writers Room & Episode Titles (Read 18,661 times)

SiL

If only there were more than those two options.

Immortan Jonesy

Personally I would have preferred someone like Alex Garland for an Alien movie, that or another one by Ridley Scott.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 27, 2022, 09:39:09 PM
Personally I would have preferred someone like Alex Garland for an Alien movie, that or another one by Ridley Scott.

I agree but I'm still really glad Noah Hawley's taking the lead on this.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 27, 2022, 09:45:05 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 27, 2022, 09:39:09 PM

I agree but I'm still really glad Noah Hawley's taking the lead on this.

Indeed, he's a solid option for an Alien TV series given his previous works. I mean, the man has a vision, which I hope has not been undermined by the studio.

Kane's other son

What's encouraging is that Fox initially passed but Disney called him back.

Hawley's shows are imaginative, well-written and take risks. Eve if it's a failure, it will be interesting.

Mornstar

Mornstar

Can you tell me the source?  I want to see the spoiler.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Mornstar on Apr 29, 2022, 10:29:00 AM
Can you tell me the source?  I want to see the spoiler.

Can you tell me the source? I want to see the spoiler.

Can you tell me the source? I want to see the spoiler.

Corporal Hicks

Immortan Jonesy

The title of the first episode sounds kinda enigmatic. Neverland mmmm...the only Neverland I know is the one from Peter Pan, were characters are not allowed to grow up for the sake of adventure.  :laugh:

SiL

... yes, that's the whole idea. The characters are using technology to switch consciousness from body to body to not get old, hence characters like "Wendy".

Immortan Jonesy

It's the cyberpunk take of Peter Pan Weyland's dream.

I'm curious to know what that has to do with the Alien. I guess the show might use the idea that Alien biology could be useful for medical purposes and not only military, as in The Cold Forge.

SiL

I'm starting to think the Aliens will only show up to justify the branding.

Local Trouble

Has your interest dropped further?

SiL

As stated earlier, we've hit rock bottom.

BlueMarsalis79

I'm not being a contrarian just for a laugh, but I genuinely love how even more off the beaten track this appears with each piece of new info revealed.

Just like with Prometheus, the absence of the Alien itself I never took issue with either. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed