[Exclusive] Introducing The FX Alien Series Writers Room & Episode Titles

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 25, 2022, 01:48:48 PM

Author
[Exclusive] Introducing The FX Alien Series Writers Room & Episode Titles (Read 18,671 times)

Corporal Hicks

While filming of Noah Hawley’s Alien series has been pushed back to 2023 due to the series being considered a “massive undertaking” and Hawley's other series, Fargo, needing to take precedence "given its Midwest setting” we do know that writing has been continuing with at least five episodes having been written as of February. Now we know some of the names behind those scripts.

A recent announcement that Writers Guild Association Award nominated writer Bobak Esfarjani has signed a contract to develop new content for FX, also included mention that Esfarjani will be writing and serving as contributing producer for Noah Hawley’s Alien series!

Esfarjani credits include his award nominated work on Marvel’s WandaVision, as well as work on NBC’s Manifest. And Alien vs. Predator Galaxy is also able to reveal that we are aware that Esfarjani has written the Alien series’ fourth episode, the working title of which is currently Observation.

[Exclusive] Introducing The FX Alien Series Writers Room & Episode Titles

In addition to Esfarjani, Alien vs. Predator Galaxy is also able to exclusively confirm that Robert De Laurentiis is also writing on the Alien series, having written the series’ third episode which is currently titled Metamorphosis.

De Laurentiis has a larger resume, including Alfred Hitchcock Presents, The O.C, The Umbrella Academy and more relevantly, Fargo, where he worked alongside Noah Hawley.  Thanks to The Flick Pec for the heads-up regarding the Esfarjani announcement!

In addition to the the episode titles above, AvP Galaxy can also exclusively reveal the working titles for the first two episodes written by Noah Hawley too. Episode #1 is Neverland and episode #2 is Mr. October.

Keep your browsers locked on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien TV Series news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Corporal Hicks

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

"Observation" and "Metamorphosis" are both listed as the third episode title. Is that a mistake and one of these is a different episode number, or is one a working title and the other the final title? Same question regarding the two writers attached to what's listed as episode three; did they co-write, or is one of these mislabeled and not actually the third episode? (Maybe this is cleared up in the video? I haven't watched that yet.)

"Mr. October" makes me think baseball postseason, which lines up heavily with Hermit's interests listed on one of the leaked production documents.

Also, "Neverland," what with its Peter Pan association, rings true to the never growing older idea that will likely be present with Hermit's sister's consciousness contained within an android body. Actually, now that I think of it, her name is even Wendy...

Bughuntwilson

Whats this leaked production document i just now heard of it

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Bughuntwilson on Apr 25, 2022, 03:18:32 PM
Whats this leaked production document i just now heard of it

If you're asking about the one I'm referring to, I posted the following about it here:

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 27, 2022, 02:08:24 AM
So I happened to find a Tweet referring to the Alien series that had a "Media not displayed: The image has been removed in response to a report from the copyright holder." message on it, and I was able to access a cached version of the Tweet containing the since-removed image, which wound up being a pre-production document from the series (it's dated 11-11-21). I don't think I should directly post the image directly on here, since it has some actual contact info on it that probably shouldn't be directly out in the open (and it's already been flagged/removed the once on Twitter), but there are a couple interesting tidbits on it that I don't think we knew before.

There's a September 2022 production status listed (which is later than the Spring shoot we've been operating under the assumption of based on an interview with Hawley last year), though I'm not sure if that's referring to the full on start of production, or just specifically the particular Thailand/Eastern Europe stuff being reported on this sheet.

The little plot synopsis/character blurb matches everything that AVPG has already shared, but with a few additional details about Hermit that I don't think we've covered yet: He's unsatisfied in his current job as a medic for Prodigy Tactical Response, he had dreams of returning to medical school to fulfill a promise he made to his dying father that he's never been able to fulfill, and it seems that he is a fan of baseball and has revered players of the sport as his heroes.

Also, along with Ridley Scott, there are a couple additional producers listed: Jack Glascott from Ridley Scott's Scott Free Productions, and Caitlin Bruner from Noah Hawley's 26 Keys Productions. Noah Hawley is also listed as both writer and director on this document.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 25, 2022, 02:25:21 PM
"Observation" and "Metamorphosis" are both listed as the third episode title.

No, I'm an idiot and can never read my own mistakes, however many times I reread something. I've sorted it now. Observation is the 4th.

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

QuoteIn addition to the the episode titles above, AvP Galaxy can also exclusively reveal the working titles for the first two episodes written by Noah Hawley too. Episode #1 is Neverland and episode #2 is Mr. October.

Mr. Chi Lee October - Antagonist. Is cold hearted and has a fake tan, giving him a head which other characters say resembles a pumpkin.  Has a wife named Autumn.

Bughuntwilson

Why the hell this sounds like orange man

BlueMarsalis79

Alien Isolation already did the name thing with literally having a character named Heyst being partially responsible for smuggling the Alien onboard, and a character named Ransome blackmailing various others, it is nothing new to Alien.

Bughuntwilson

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 25, 2022, 04:24:28 PM
Alien Isolation already did the name thing with literally having a character named Heyst being partially responsible for smuggling the Alien onboard, and a character named Ransome blackmailing various others, it is nothing new to Alien.
Okay

skhellter

Neverland...

Wendy...

This show is gonna feel like some Young Adult thing, isn't it?

BlueMarsalis79

I don't think that necessarily true.

St_Eddie

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 25, 2022, 04:24:28 PM

Well, the writers doing something stupid in an Alien videogame doesn't magically make the writers doing that same stupid thing in an Alien TV series any less stupid.

BlueMarsalis79

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 25, 2022, 04:00:57 PM
QuoteIn addition to the the episode titles above, AvP Galaxy can also exclusively reveal the working titles for the first two episodes written by Noah Hawley too. Episode #1 is Neverland and episode #2 is Mr. October.

Mr. Chi Lee October - Antagonist. Is cold hearted and has a fake tan, giving him a head which other characters say resembles a pumpkin.  Has a wife named Autumn.

I'd imagine that the "Mr. October" name/idea is more drawing on this general idea (and rooted in Hermit's love for baseball) rather than the actual name of new character for the show:

Quote[Reggie] Jackson was nicknamed "Mr. October" for his clutch hitting in the postseason with the Athletics and the Yankees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Jackson

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed