[Exclusive] Effects Studio Weta Bringing the Xenomorphs to Life for the FX Alien Series!

Started by RidgeTop, Jan 11, 2022, 10:20:03 PM

Author
[Exclusive] Effects Studio Weta Bringing the Xenomorphs to Life for the FX Alien Series! (Read 25,404 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 12, 2022, 06:31:38 AMWill there be any practical Xenos though ?  :-\

Weta can definitely do practical, but ultimately it's not really their choice.

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, if they look as good as the Prawns, I'm all up for photo realistic mo-cap Aliens. I've never been so impressed with a visual effect than watching D9 for the first time.

But I'm still always going for prefer and miss seeing practical suits.

HuDaFuK

Fokken prawns!

They did make some practical creatures for that, but only for the scene where they break into the lab and you see them lying on the operating tables.

freshjim

as long as its not Alien 3 Alien effects then i'm happy

Corporal Hicks

I dunno...I'd kinda like to see mo-motion with nice compositing... :P

Damon

Just thankful it's not  Amalgamated Dynamics

skhellter

skhellter

glad it's Weta.

as far as the story goes....
with the hybrid and her handlers, this is sounding like a sober remake of Resurrection.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 12, 2022, 05:37:53 AMEven if this ends up being pretty good, I will not be able to enjoy it due to the scummy people involved

Ego got too big for their heads?

Guess we'll hear about casting soon

Bughuntwilson

I thought mo cap was the industry standard when your makeing humanoid monsters with cgi

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Damon on Jan 12, 2022, 11:58:34 AM

Yup!

Super stoked it's Weta. I mean over-the-moon excited. No fears here that it won't look good! Woot!!! 👏

Kradan

Kradan

My boiz from ADI shall return !!!

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 12, 2022, 03:03:44 PM
Quote from: Damon on Jan 12, 2022, 11:58:34 AM

Yup!

Super stoked it's Weta. I mean over-the-moon excited. No fears here that it won't look good! Woot!!! 👏

What do you care ? They're not doing Predators for the show as far as I know. And ADI haven't done any Aliens for more than a decade

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 12, 2022, 03:09:54 PM
My boiz from ADI shall return !!!

Truly, truly, nothing would make me happier than me potentially applauding their work in "Prey." :)

QuoteWhat do you care ? They're not doing Predators for the show as far as I know. And ADI haven't done any Aliens for more than a decade

Hey I didn't bring it up! But to answer your question...

Because me likey Alien, and me likey Weta, and me can't wait to see their work in the series. (And me personally believes ADI bid for the job.)

Kradan

Kradan

Somebody said they're thankful it's not ADI and you replied "Yup!" I thought you don't care about ADI Aliens. You're even in Chet Official Fan Club !

And argument "I want some other studio doing Aliens" doesn't quite work here 'cause we technically had exactly that in Covenant.

Speaking of which, Covenant is why I'll be a little bummed if there're no practical Xenos. CGI Aliens can look great and all but I wanna me some practical suits !

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Jan 12, 2022, 03:25:11 PM
Somebody said they're thankful it's not ADI and you replied "Yup!" I thought you don't care aabout ADI Aliens.

Their Alien work is alright. I don't love it, but I don't hate it as much as the "Snalien" crowd. I wouldn't be excited if ADI was announced, but not depressed either. But Weta??? Mucho excitement!!!

QuoteYou're even in Chet Official Fan Club !

I founded it!

Yep, and that's an official ADI creation I'm a big fan of, unabashedly! Give me more Predalien!!

Kradan

My apologies, you know me, I get triggered each time somebody says anything slightly bad about my boiz from ADI who shall return !!!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Simply Kevin on Jan 11, 2022, 11:44:48 PM
Awesome! Speaking of District 9, I hope they give Bloomkamp an episode to direct.

Not with Riddles as producer and certainly not after Chappie.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 12, 2022, 11:22:37 AM
I dunno...I'd kinda like to see mo-motion with nice compositing... :P

Do you know who's doing the helmets?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed