The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Feb 11, 2013, 02:17:39 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 141,585 times)

Samus007

Samus007

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but Games.TM Magazine gave it a 4/10, saying:

- "Many of Colonial Marines' flaws could have been excusable back in the early days of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, but now, when every title is polished to excruciating level of quality, it just doesn't cut it."
- "Graphically, it's one of the worst we've seen grace consoles in years. It certainly may have been acceptable in 2006, when the game was first conceived, but now it just looks embarrasing up against other titles coming out in the Q1 release window."
- "Colonial Marines does at time play with expanding the lore in a meaningful way but skirts over it almost immediately."
- "Even some returning voice actors voicing their digital characters can't save the train wreck of a narrative, and it certainly doesn't help to immerse you in the world when the lip-sincing doesn't even match up."
- "Without Cameron's guiding hand, the story never amounts to anything more than a vehicle to drive players from one disappointing corridor to the next."

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/5163/20130211/first-reviews-aliens-colonial-marines-start-come.htm

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: Samus007 on Feb 11, 2013, 06:33:53 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere, but Games.TM Magazine gave it a 4/10, saying:

- "Many of Colonial Marines' flaws could have been excusable back in the early days of the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, but now, when every title is polished to excruciating level of quality, it just doesn't cut it."
- "Graphically, it's one of the worst we've seen grace consoles in years. It certainly may have been acceptable in 2006, when the game was first conceived, but now it just looks embarrasing up against other titles coming out in the Q1 release window."
- "Colonial Marines does at time play with expanding the lore in a meaningful way but skirts over it almost immediately."
- "Even some returning voice actors voicing their digital characters can't save the train wreck of a narrative, and it certainly doesn't help to immerse you in the world when the lip-sincing doesn't even match up."
- "Without Cameron's guiding hand, the story never amounts to anything more than a vehicle to drive players from one disappointing corridor to the next."

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/5163/20130211/first-reviews-aliens-colonial-marines-start-come.htm

That's just brutal. Brutally honest admittedly.

ikarop

ikarop

Game TM Scans:

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 11, 2013, 06:46:19 PM
Game TM Scans:

Yeah, reading that was pretty depressing.  :-\

Jonesy23

Jonesy23

I never really thought that graphics were what made a game special. Do they think 'Metal Gear 4' was a good game just because it looked pretty? As for the story, I honestly wasn't expecting all that much and it's probably better than either AVP film or Resurrection at the very least. Overall, I think people are being a little nitpicky but hey it's an opinion and they have theirs and I have mine.

Elicas

Elicas

That averages out as a 5.7 by my maths, right?

SPECIAL FORCES

Do we have the score of AvP2010 that those magazines ect gave to it? So we compare with ACM.

Syrath101

Syrath101

Quote from: Jonesy23 on Feb 11, 2013, 07:06:39 PM
As for the story, I honestly wasn't expecting all that much and it's probably better than either AVP film or Resurrection at the very least.

I'm fairly annoyed that a group of people who pouted about how big fans they were of the series couldn't create a story that didn't feel so generic and quickly pulled together.

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 11, 2013, 07:29:15 PM
Do we have the score of AvP2010 that those magazines ect gave to it? So we compare with ACM.
PS3Gen gave AvP a 7/10. Haven't checked the rest.

You can check here for future ones: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=27037.0

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

No doubt a whole bunch of people are going to totally ignore negative reviews, only take the positive from mixed reviews and praise the positive reviews, completely ignoring the games faults or making excuses for them, or simply saying ''never cared about graphics, story, AI, never thought it'd be best game ever, a 6 out of 10 game sounds good to me''. Oh the denial.
The averge review score so far is 5.7 out of 10

Syrath101

Syrath101

Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Feb 11, 2013, 07:40:36 PM
No doubt a whole bunch of people are going to totally ignore negative reviews, only take the positive from mixed reviews and praise the positive reviews, completely ignoring the games faults or making excuses for them, or simply saying ''never cared about graphics, story, AI, never thought it'd be best game ever, a 6 out of 10 game sounds good to me''. Oh the denial.

Criticise the game on YouTube and you'll find you're inbox full of insults from people who won't accept it's not just the graphics people are annoyed with.

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Syrath101 on Feb 11, 2013, 07:43:59 PM
Quote from: Bjørn Half-hand on Feb 11, 2013, 07:40:36 PM

Criticise the game on YouTube and you'll find you're inbox full of insults from people who won't accept it's not just the graphics people are annoyed with.

It's a very average shooter with a bugs-a-gogo and Aliens tagged on. Sure it has limited fun but I just don't understand why some people are being so defensive about this.

N3ONPORCUPINE

Well I figured since the game is coming out tomorrow that someone would have an official video review up by now. Anyways this is what I found.  :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dPF8jpItCs#ws

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed