Q&A with Rebellion

Started by ikarop, Jun 28, 2009, 11:57:12 AM

Author
Q&A with Rebellion (Read 48,007 times)

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

all this talk about the newborn being in the game ? i hope not that would just suck!!  :-\

Master

Master

Care to explain why?

Moody

Moody

Quote from: Master on Jun 29, 2009, 10:59:55 AM
Care to explain why?

cuz its a crap and retarded design

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Care to explain why?

Because it was a freak accident that came about due to a very specific set of circumstances the like of which aren't feasible until apx. 200 years after this game takes place

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jun 29, 2009, 11:49:18 AM
Care to explain why?

Because it was a freak accident that came about due to a very specific set of circumstances the like of which aren't feasible until apx. 200 years after this game takes place

yeah thats true it cant be in the game for one because it was a freak accident that happened .and also there was only one of its kind and ripley killed that one anyway. so it wont be in avp well i dont think it will be?

snaileri

snaileri

Will the PC version suffer for being multiplatform title? Like, will the PC version lack dedicated server app and server browser?
How about SDK/Mod tools?

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

Quote from: Corporal Lewis Hicks on Jun 29, 2009, 12:03:04 PM
yeah thats true it cant be in the game for one because it was a freak accident that happened .and also there was only one of its kind and ripley killed that one anyway. so it wont be in avp well i dont think it will be?
Not only was it was a freak accident that happened, it was a freak incident that shouldn't have happened. Scientists had (presumably) Ripley's blood and I'll be damned if I know how they produced mutants they did. When you have a tapeworm it will NOT nest itself into your DNA and an alien emrio should be no different.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Quote from: Space Voyager on Jun 29, 2009, 01:00:37 PM
Not only was it was a freak accident that happened, it was a freak incident that shouldn't have happened. Scientists had (presumably) Ripley's blood and I'll be damned if I know how they produced mutants they did. When you have a tapeworm it will NOT nest itself into your DNA and an alien emrio should be no different.

also another good point. so you are agreeing that it will not be in avp 3?

Jaan911

Jaan911

Quote from: Xhan on Jun 29, 2009, 10:49:16 AM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 29, 2009, 10:22:12 AM
If they don't release a SDK, the game will die within a year.
Like FEAR 2 project Origin.
SDK is most important to keep the game community alive (new maps, mods, skins, etc.)
Without it... adios amigos!

If you already have their money in the back, no reason to care about community anything.

But it will also lose them a lot of sales. Although I was a big fan of FEAR 1, I did'nt buy FEAR 2 because i knew the multiplayer will disappear in a couple months. I'm sure there are many people like me.
FEAR 2 is exactly the type of game that people will pirate for single player, and none of them will feel bad for missing the multiplayer part while doing that.
( Just to be clear, no I did'nt pirate it! )  :)

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

my question is simple.

predator>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
marines>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.dogs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>cockroach that lives in the forest>>>>>>>>>>>aliens

is this how it's going to be?  ???

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

will there be an sdk??? (number one Q)
do Rebellion think that the gore will be featured in the final release or it will be cut down?
Will there Be DLC and other downloads to extend the life of the game?
how long would it take a casul player to complete the hole game?
will there be any unlockables after completion of the game?

dude63

dude63

SDK is most important to keep the game community alive (new maps, mods, skins, etc.)

If you already have their money in the back, no reason to care about community anything.

Odd..since they have stated they plan on releasing a lot of stuff like DLC and such...odd. Never seen a mention of a source development kit..but..who knows.

Jaan911

Jaan911

Quote from: dude63 on Jun 29, 2009, 02:46:12 PM

Odd..since they have stated they plan on releasing a lot of stuff like DLC and such...odd. Never seen a mention of a source development kit..but..who knows.

They have said there won't be no SDK, server files or anti-cheating mechanisms.
And as far as I know, both DLC's were just some new maps. 

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Quote from: Corporal Lewis Hicks on Jun 29, 2009, 01:03:50 PM
Quote from: Space Voyager on Jun 29, 2009, 01:00:37 PM

also another good point. so you are agreeing that it will not be in avp 3?

when an alien embryo is inplanted in a host it assimalats the host dna during gestation(hence the dog alien) the reason the queen in alien ressurection was more human was do to the cloning pocees on of its host(and its self) all weyland yutani or any one else would have to do to create a newborn  is clone a human host of a queen embryo(well the embryo is still inside)so it could be in avp3

dude63

dude63

Quote from: Jaan911 on Jun 29, 2009, 03:26:27 PM
Quote from: dude63 on Jun 29, 2009, 02:46:12 PM

They have said there won't be no SDK, server files or anti-cheating mechanisms.
And as far as I know, both DLC's were just some new maps. 

Tey could throw in more weapons, modes, vehicles (if included) or types of enemies. Heck they could expand the single player. Its up to them what they want to do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed