Q&A with Rebellion

Started by ikarop, Jun 28, 2009, 11:57:12 AM

Author
Q&A with Rebellion (Read 47,463 times)

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: Shadow435 on Jun 30, 2009, 01:16:53 PM
Is There That Classic "Brrrrrt" sound from the pulse rifles?  ;D ( I Know It was in other avp games)

Are The Trophy Kills Going To Be As Gory As Described/Viewed?

Will This Game Be Better Than Aliens Colonial Marines?

Will There Be An HUD?

;D

wow dude....

yes

yes

how would they possibly know the answer to that? thats a matter of opinion..

yes

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Okay i got a few more questions so here it goes.

If your playing as a marine are predator and u lose a limb(namely an arm)will their be any way to seal the wound and keep on fighting.

Will their be more then one clan of predators.

Will the motion tracker be a part of the hud or will u have to lower your weapon and switch to it like in the movies, and if its part of the hud will it be the regular one or the 360 from avp2 primal hunt.

If your a predator and a facehugger latchs on to your mask could u rip it off and use it as a weapon.Like throw it at a marine so it latchs onto his face.

Will any native wildlife appear.

Will the marines you fight with have their own personalities and be unique chacters or will they just be people who your charcter just meant on the field that very moment and die in the next 5 minutes.

Will their be any a.i. units in multiplayer.

Okay im good, hay can we keep on track and stop argueing about the newborn i was the first to ask about it and it was an honest question alright.so u guys are argueing when we should be asking questions.

Darkness

Darkness

People here really need to start and write in proper sentences with capital letters and punctuation. Your questions aren't going to get chosen if we can't read them. It's like a minefield reading some of these replies.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I just flat out ignore the questions that are written poorly.

Though, in addition to your point about picking questions, I think members should be aware that the forum has a fairly strict policy when it comes to spelling and grammar; habitual offenders run the risk of being banned.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Hay im all for spelling right, but a spell check feature would be kinda nice.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

...There is one...

When you make any post there are three options, one of which is "spell check."

dude63

dude63

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 30, 2009, 09:16:45 AM
Quote from: dude63 on Jun 28, 2009, 06:00:46 PM
1.When was the development of AVP (3) officially started?

I can kinda answer that. They've been in full production for over a year, but the project was first prototyped a while before that, I don't know the exact details but AVP's quite a long development compared to what rebellion usually does.

Okay kool. So its basically been in devlopment for probably 18 months to 2 years? Anyways..you like my other questions? I think the one about the engine is nice..I haven't seen anyone else mention that..

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Thank u i was paying attention to writing not the foreground.

The Demon

The Demon

Another question I have which I feel is important,

Will the Alien's acid be operative weapon in this game?

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

With the Colonial Marine campaign being described as "survival horror" what can we expect in the way of weapons and ammo (ie: how many weapons will we be able to carry at once, and how avaliable will ammo be)?

Will the player be forced to make decisions along the lines of trading a better weapon with low ammo for a lesser weapon with more ammo?

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 29, 2009, 10:50:40 PM
1: Pulse rifles carry ammunition which is designed to rip through personal armour and explode from the inside. Considering this, why haven't we seen Predators and humans being ripped apart by such hits, in the same way naturally-armoured Aliens are? Predators are fairly exposed, yet seem to be walking around like Robocop.

2: Are handgun shots going to ricochet away from Alien armour, as shown in 'Aliens'?

3: Considering 'Alien' and 'Alien 3' proved Aliens can withstand the extremely high temperatures of both plasma and molten lead, are flamethrowers going to be able to affect the adults, as well as the more vulnerable chestbursters/facehuggers?

4: If the Predator is decloaking every time it attacks, how are players going to be able to recreate moments from the original films, when it only decloaked by choice or after being soaked in water? Aliens see them, anyway and Marines have motion trackers/smartguns.

5: Will the Colonial Marines have a proper Terminator-like Infra-Red sight or will it simply bathe everything in night vision, again (and will the battery last more than just a few seconds, this time)?

6: Will enemies spawn randomly to keep replays fresh?

7: Will the excellent 'John Woo' cheat mode, from the first game (true implemented bullet time before 'Max Payne'!) return for the Alien, where time slowed down when enemies were near? Many have observed this would be an excellent way of immersing the user in how lightning-fast an Alien's reflex time is, if standard.

8: Will the Predator's zoom mode be in quick 'snapshots', as in the films or slow and mechanical, like in the previous games?

9: Why do Predators have crude 'explosive' grenades, rather than advanced 'laser traps', as per the recent film?

10: Will there be a forum set up for fan feedback, as Gearbox have, so as to test the response of certain decisions and ask for ideas of how to improve what's already known?

11: Will Aliens be given their true towering height or are the model sizes final?

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 28, 2009, 03:16:17 PM
Did you have any contact with the Strauses about this game? Why are there similarities between AvP3 and AvP Requiem? Like the Ship design and the Predalien spine-ripping that person.

We know from Colin that they had contact, just not the extent of it, but I think that answers those other few questions. :)

*humps Xenoporphine's leg*

Might wanna add exactly how far off off canon they want to go to meet marketing and aesthetic goals.

QuoteA human host does NOT however integrate ALIEN carrier of information, which is most likely not even DNA to begin with. So how did anyone produce a queen out of Ripley's blood remains beyond me.

there's no evidence either way, and yes that's most people chuck A:R out the window right away... but again there's no evidence Aliens have or modify, DNA in any form. All you have to be able to do is replicate in some fashion, a trait. We know they do that... biut it doesn't REQUIRE DNA... and they may simply scan it against a baseline and nothing else. No other interaction.

Quote6: Will enemies spawn randomly to keep replays fresh?

That would be a yes.

Quote"Where they come from is randomized" he noted, before trying again.

Steve C

Steve C

Not sure if they can answer this or not, but if we download skins and new sounds for multiplayer will it be possible for the other players to see/hear them?  In previous games that hasn't been possible; only the person with the new sounds/skins could enjoy them.

The Demon

The Demon

I would like to ask related to the previous questions, can you customize the image of your Single player character from an option of skins, designs, equipment etc. That would be amazing.

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

Aliens vs. Predator 2 (PC) had the worst marine taunts known to the FPS world. Do you plan to include awesome taunts?!

AdiJager

AdiJager

PC will have possibility to host a multiplayer game with using a Dedicated server? or only like Fear2/console style hosting?
AvP3 will have a SDK available for public to create own mod/map?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed