Q&A with Rebellion

Started by ikarop, Jun 28, 2009, 11:57:12 AM

Author
Q&A with Rebellion (Read 47,785 times)

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Dude that has nothing to do with fighting i was talking about something like resident evil 4 were u hit buttons to dodge attacks that would instantly kill u.

Hydromaphica

Hydromaphica

Or do you mean like in the latest installment of turok how you fight off the dinosaurs as the were about to take a chunk out of you.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmImH0sdgDQ)

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: masterchaoss on Jun 30, 2009, 10:49:48 PM
Quote from: kvon17 on Jun 30, 2009, 09:57:38 PM
Seeing as how the 360 has a limit of 4 controllers per system...
you do know that the ps3 can have 7 right

Yes, but I'm failing to see how that is practical unless you have a screen a 10 ft by 10ft screen.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

thats what i ment sorry about the confusion.

natas2020

natas2020

Quote from: snaileri on Jun 30, 2009, 10:28:58 PM
I really hope Rebellion do make a great standalone PC product, and not some crappy console port.

I am sorry to say this but I hope Rebellion focuses more time and effort on the console versions than the PC versions. I'm not saying this because I am some console only gamer. In fact I used to be a dedicated AVP2 fan. My reasoning behind this is because A) this game will probably have a lot of system requirements that go along  with this game so the cheapest computer that could play the game would probably run you $600 where as an Xbox360 is $199 new and a PS3 is $399 new. So actually more people would get the chance to enjoy AVP if Rebellion focused more on consoles for their target audience. B) Did anyone notice how many commands there are for the predator in the demos? There are so many commands (and you can view them all at http://www.aliensvspredator.net/game-features/) that it would be really hard to play this game on a keyboard. Each and every command has a different button that corresponds to the commands so there are 9 different commands (including grapple, aerial pin, counter and more) not including your basic movement or crosshair. Don't think of this game as Call of Duty 4 (all you need in right and left mouse buttons) but more like tomb radar with all of those commands. Only a controller will make these commands easy and simple to activate and use because four buttons aren't being taken up by buttons and consoles controllers have four buttons located on the sides of the controller (R and L trigger) which makes it easy for players instead of stretching your fingers across your keyboard to push a button without leaving your four button movement commands. Also consoles have rumble which is also very attractive. C) If you really are crazy and have to have a key board to play this game or else you're going to though a fizzy but you don't have a really good computer like me than why not go and buy yourself a Xbox360 and a keyboard for the xbox360. They do sell them and also with a mouse so you can still have the exact same experience as you would with playing at your computer but it's a lot cheaper. Plus you get a free headset instead of having to buy one for your computer. Even if you think that your computer will be able to play this game it still has a year before the game is finalized. So the requirements could change and be drastically different. (Something tells me this game is going to need a lot of RAM). Anyways, this is a fallow computer game just giving some reasons for why I think I'm going to by this game for xbox360.

Also my question would be if Rebellion is in fact planning on console gamers to be there primary target audience or not?

rikiiy

rikiiy

Quote from: natas2020 on Jul 01, 2009, 01:31:04 AM
I really hope Rebellion do make a great standalone PC product, and not some crappy console port.

B) Did anyone notice how many commands there are for the predator in the demos? There are so many commands (and you can view them all at http://www.aliensvspredator.net/game-features/) that it would be really hard to play this game on a keyboard. Each and every command has a different button that corresponds to the commands so there are 9 different commands (including grapple, aerial pin, counter and more) not including your basic movement or crosshair. Don't think of this game as Call of Duty 4 (all you need in right and left mouse buttons) but more like tomb radar with all of those commands. Only a controller will make these commands easy and simple to activate and use because four buttons aren't being taken up by buttons and consoles controllers have four buttons located on the sides of the controller (R and L trigger) which makes it easy for players instead of stretching your fingers across your keyboard to push a button without leaving your four button movement commands. Also consoles have rumble which is also very attractive.

mate thats like saying WOW should be played on consoles since you have so many buttons that you could press. And I am sure some of the commands will be a combination of buttons, like aerial pin could be jump+grapple, etc. Also you could still play the game through using left and right buttons for the majority of the game. ::)

But I have a feeling your right that rebellion's primary market is consoles  >:(

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Inferno, I doubt you work for Rebellion, so why answer these questions you're not sure of?

out-at-night-mostly

out-at-night-mostly

hi guys this is my first post, so be easy on me  :)

Given the demonstration hosted at E3, the nature of Predator gameplay was a lot different from the previous games as it provides the player the opportunity to be a predator by stalking, leaping from places to places and plan before striking with ruthless efficiency. What sorts of steps are taken in the alien's gameplay direction to make them more xenomorph then your average FPS?

In terms of mulitplayer gameplay, there were many balance issues that avid aliens and predator players were not satisfied with in avp2. Usually these came in slow moving aliens and predators, marine being faster then most when walking backward, inability to quickly rip up a meat bag in hand to hand,staggering fire, names showing up when a somebody put their crosshair on them and yeah the sniper rifle that acts more like a semi automatic one shot death. Then there were also some of the predator's plasma weapons that turn most people off. While many players learn to cope, it does not make for satisfying gameplay. Will the previous games be taken into consideration when making the multiplayer?

Whereas marines have their personalised armour very much like in the movies, will predators also have their own distinctive set of mask and armour as well? Also speaking of that, can players also customised theirs in multiplayer. Its cool if I can personalised my marine armour, predator mask and choice of alien heads but there was also possibly the chance of raising controversal issues much like what happaned in DOW I (usually people rolling around with nazi flags etc), unless players are provided with a set patterns they can choose from.

The soundscore for the first avp1 was amazing, will the soundtrack of avp3 take a similar direction?

dragonthingy

dragonthingy

Will there be an AVP game on Wii?
Will you be able to give orders to over characters (marine-to-marine, alien-to-alien etc.)?

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: dragonthingy on Jul 01, 2009, 03:29:59 AM
Will there be an AVP game on Wii?
Will you be able to give orders to over characters (marine-to-marine, alien-to-alien etc.)?

no

no

dragonthingy

dragonthingy

dang it

Jaan911

Jaan911

Quote from: natas2020 on Jul 01, 2009, 01:31:04 AM

I am sorry to say this but I hope Rebellion focuses more time and effort on the console versions than the PC versions. I'm not saying this because I am some console only gamer. In fact I used to be a dedicated AVP2 fan. My reasoning behind this is because A) this game will probably have a lot of system requirements that go along  with this game so the cheapest computer that could play the game would probably run you $600 where as an Xbox360 is $199 new and a PS3 is $399 new. So actually more people would get the chance to enjoy AVP if Rebellion focused more on consoles for their target audience. B) Did anyone notice how many commands there are for the predator in the demos? There are so many commands (and you can view them all at http://www.aliensvspredator.net/game-features/) that it would be really hard to play this game on a keyboard. Each and every command has a different button that corresponds to the commands so there are 9 different commands (including grapple, aerial pin, counter and more) not including your basic movement or crosshair. Don't think of this game as Call of Duty 4 (all you need in right and left mouse buttons) but more like tomb radar with all of those commands. Only a controller will make these commands easy and simple to activate and use because four buttons aren't being taken up by buttons and consoles controllers have four buttons located on the sides of the controller (R and L trigger) which makes it easy for players instead of stretching your fingers across your keyboard to push a button without leaving your four button movement commands. Also consoles have rumble which is also very attractive. C) If you really are crazy and have to have a key board to play this game or else you're going to though a fizzy but you don't have a really good computer like me than why not go and buy yourself a Xbox360 and a keyboard for the xbox360. They do sell them and also with a mouse so you can still have the exact same experience as you would with playing at your computer but it's a lot cheaper. Plus you get a free headset instead of having to buy one for your computer. Even if you think that your computer will be able to play this game it still has a year before the game is finalized. So the requirements could change and be drastically different. (Something tells me this game is going to need a lot of RAM). Anyways, this is a fallow computer game just giving some reasons for why I think I'm going to by this game for xbox360.

Also my question would be if Rebellion is in fact planning on console gamers to be there primary target audience or not?

Lets not be selfish. They must spend enough time to polish all versions to their full potential.
Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Xhan

Xhan

QuoteThere are so many commands (and you can view them all at http://www.aliensvspredator.net/game-features/) that it would be really hard to play this game on a keyboard.

QuoteSo actually more people would get the chance to enjoy AVP if Rebellion focused more on consoles for their target audience

Don't smoke crack while you're posting.

and btw:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=23321.0

ya know, the one right next to this one.

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: predatorfandrc90 on Jul 01, 2009, 01:18:57 AM
I have no clue what ddr is so care to explain.
DDR is dance dance revolution and its a rythm music based game with peripherals which u use ur feet to stamp on these arrors up down left right kinda like a guitar hero pattern thing

natas2020

natas2020

Don't smoke crack while you're posting.

and btw:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=23321.0

ya know, the one right next to this one.
[/quote]

Why don't you take some of your own advice? Did you realize what you just posted? Ok I'm on crack here is a website that has the same information on it that I provided, and your point is???? Ok I will admit most people don't like what I said but a lot of people agree with it because it has good odds that it's true. Hell I will even admit that I don't like the idea of the console version being better than the pc version but I'm not going to sugar coat anything. But I wanted to responded to this post and not any of the other posts about my opinions only because you sir or madam have no reasoning behind your madness, if you get my drift.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed