Alien Day merch in press release

Started by alienscollection.com, Mar 29, 2016, 05:47:33 PM

Author
Alien Day merch in press release (Read 85,926 times)

Ultramorph

Quote from: 420Buddy on Apr 01, 2016, 08:06:06 PM
Never mind, he said it wasn't a darkhorse product didn't he?

I think that might just might be how he's handling his NDA. He said that he would love to work with DH again, but we know that he is working with them on at least that one Prometheus variant, so he could just be exercising caution.

Lechner

Lechner

Too bad Fox chose Alamo Drafthouse. The one time I was there, the service was terrible. I decided with this announcement to give it another go. I got on their website just to have it go down, then when it came back, the only available seats were front row at THIRTY DOLLARS PER SEAT. I have since decided, that no matter the situation, I will never give them my money again.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 420Buddy on Apr 01, 2016, 08:06:06 PM
I wonder if that comic is what Dorman's been working on...

Never mind, he said it wasn't a darkhorse product didn't he?

I imagine it'll just be a reprint of the one from the original figure. That's what was in the Kenner AvP 2 pack they did.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Was there a derelict model at least overseen for the Las Vegas exhibition by Giger? That's confused me a bit.

Engineer

Engineer

So does this mean February 23rd will be Prometheus day? :-/

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Lechner on Apr 01, 2016, 08:53:49 PM
Too bad Fox chose Alamo Drafthouse. The one time I was there, the service was terrible. I decided with this announcement to give it another go. I got on their website just to have it go down, then when it came back, the only available seats were front row at THIRTY DOLLARS PER SEAT. I have since decided, that no matter the situation, I will never give them my money again.
I couldn't find tickets to the one in NY w/ Sigourney. I wish they could have chosen Regal Cinema. They're everywhere! Or even AMC

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 02, 2016, 04:33:29 PM
I have always celebrated 1/31 as Fury day (closest to 161 as we will get) ;D

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 02, 2016, 08:12:06 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Apr 02, 2016, 04:33:29 PM
I have always celebrated 1/31 as Fury day (closest to 161 as we will get) ;D

It drove me bananas when they mentioned it as Fury 16 in A:R.  Bananas I tell you!

FiorinaFury161

Yet in the Alien3 novel, ADF refers to the planet as Fury 361. ::)

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 02, 2016, 08:12:06 PMI have always celebrated 1/31 as Fury day (closest to 161 as we will get) ;D

Depends on where you live...

16/1/16 was the 16th of January, 2016 in many parts of the World.   Get with the rest of the World, US.  Get that metric stuff down pronto, too,  while yer at it.

-Windebieste.

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 03, 2016, 02:41:25 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 02, 2016, 08:12:06 PMI have always celebrated 1/31 as Fury day (closest to 161 as we will get) ;D

16/1/16 was the 16th of January, 2016 in many parts of the World.   Get with the rest of the World, US.  Get that metric stuff down pronto, too,  while yer at it.

-Windebieste.
You forgot Fahrenheit to Celsius :laugh:

Seriously, I would love to have the US move to the metric system, I imagine many (current) US high schoolers would not even know what it is! Also, I never thought about the 16th, good idea! I was using the 31st since it is the largest number in the month.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 03, 2016, 03:32:32 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Apr 03, 2016, 02:41:25 AM

-Windebieste.
You forgot Fahrenheit to Celsius :laugh:

Seriously, I would love to have the US move to the metric system, I imagine many (current) US high schoolers would not even know what it is! Also, I never thought about the 16th, good idea! I was using the 31st since it is the largest number in the month.
I graduated in 2008 from high school and trust me, we learned all about the metric system, conversions and such, as well as temperature (Fahrenheit, Celsius and Kelvin). I have English and Metric sets of sockets. No it's not frustrating. Just different tools for different jobs. Anyways, back on topic.

We're not going to get any more ALIEN-related holidays because ALIEN day covers all the films, even the ones you don't like :)

I'd like to know more about the limited edition Loot Crate that was mentioned as the site didn't have any info on it. 

Perfect-Organism

While Alien day is focused on US, Fox should have found a way to empower the international fans to do something with their support.

windebieste

Would be nice, huh.

-Windebieste.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah u.s. high schools teach and use the metric system in their science classes, at least they did when I was in school.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed