Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 393,232 times)

Mr. Domino

Well, 1 week away from the 27-month anniversary of me giving Prodos my money, and still not so much as a shipping notice. I've gone through the four stages of a breakup multiple times at this point. In December, they swore all the packages would be out by the end of January, then last month they swore all the packages would be out by the end of February. I'm expecting a similar notice about the end of March in another week or so.

I'm not annoyed about being last to get my stuff - someone's got to be last, after all, and it may as well be me. But last should have meant getting my models a year and a half ago.

I'm very torn between not wanting the game to go away, because the models are excellent and I don't know that anyone else would do as good of a job with those, and between wanting Prodos to go away so that someone competent can take over the license.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Feb 22, 2016, 09:05:40 PM
Well, 1 week away from the 27-month anniversary of me giving Prodos my money, and still not so much as a shipping notice. I've gone through the four stages of a breakup multiple times at this point. In December, they swore all the packages would be out by the end of January, then last month they swore all the packages would be out by the end of February. I'm expecting a similar notice about the end of March in another week or so.

I'm not annoyed about being last to get my stuff - someone's got to be last, after all, and it may as well be me. But last should have meant getting my models a year and a half ago.

I'm very torn between not wanting the game to go away, because the models are excellent and I don't know that anyone else would do as good of a job with those, and between wanting Prodos to go away so that someone competent can take over the license.
I feel your pain. Did you try to get in touch with anyone? I sent an email just a day or so ago and messaged them on Facebook but no reply. I'm starting to get very aggravated.

Tex

Meh, still just waiting patiently here in NZ  ::)

I have 300+ miniatures on the way so I can wait.....because I don't think I'm going to be starting them anytime soon, anyway :/ hell. I still need to find a place I'm going to put all the little bastards while they are packed up, let alone once they are made.

Mr. Domino

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Feb 22, 2016, 11:14:35 PM
I feel your pain. Did you try to get in touch with anyone? I sent an email just a day or so ago and messaged them on Facebook but no reply. I'm starting to get very aggravated.

No. I mean, I post in the facebook group everywhile, and get the same curt non-apologies that everyone else gets.

I was defending Prodos for a good long while, but even my patience turns sour eventually. Still hoping to get and enjoy the game, but what should have been a great and wonderful thing has been marred considerably by not just the wait, but also Prodos' mishandling of every aspect of the communication process.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My LFGS has got the game in now. Now I'm going to have to learn to play.  :laugh:

So they're working on a Dropship and APC.

QuoteSome of you have already seen some 3d concept of the new Dropship and looking at it, it's going to be huge. Pricing wise we're not 100% sure until it's actually cast but what I can say is, it is planned, that this will be a 2 model box set. That's right, 2 models. 1 the Dropship and the 2nd being the APC.

And all of the recent report:

QuoteHello backers,

Before we get inundated with questions in relation to pledges, I would ask that you read the previous update in relation to the issue we had in relation to door stands. Sure we should have made sure that we had the supplier locked in but things like this happen and we were caught out. This has led to a 5 week delay in shipping and is unfortunately outside of our control. Some have asked as to the reason that we didn't announce this earlier. The reason is that we didn't want to panic anyone and had hoped that the new supplier could be sourced much faster such that there would essentially have been no need to inform anyone of the problem. I am now acknowledging that all packages have not yet been issued because of this delay and I know some of you out there are still awaiting wave 2.

At this time we are currently looking at packing 50 of pledges to be posted this week with the remainder to issue shortly. This has been solely down to the issue with the stands and no other reason. We have funds to ship, we are working on new stuff and we are awaiting on Fox to clear some beautiful new sculpts.

Some of you have already seen some 3d concept of the new Dropship and looking at it, it's going to be huge. Pricing wise we're not 100% sure until it's actually cast but what I can say is, it is planned, that this will be a 2 model box set. That's right, 2 models. 1 the Dropship and the 2nd being the APC. We are really excited about making these iconic vehicles.
Back to talking about the stands. We have received Monday stands. Yesterday the 1st wave of games came to us (2 pallets as on attached pictures), and today, despite the huge shortage on staff due to sickness, 50 of them are going out. Reminding games should be with us within 2-3 weeks and it's game over. Please bear in mind, some of these stands will be different colours but this is unavoidable as we are trying to ship this out as fast as possible.(and to be honest, aliens keep ripping the doors open in all our games anyway so they never last long)

Approvals: we are green lighted on : Young Bloods, Sentry Guns, Female Predator, they will be available for collection at Salute. And part of wave 3 post Salute ( along with remaining clear predators, Sergeant, and other alternative pieces), hence wave 3 will start post Salute (beg of April), I understand that for some of you it may be 1st/2nd/3rd wave, and we had to deliberately postpone shipping of newly approved item due to manpower capacity constrains (packing) and constant over-promising.

Shipping pre-Salute: we will get as many parcels as possible in next 3 weeks, however there won't be no shipping 2 weeks before Salute, simply due to shortage on staff and preparing stock/pledges for collection, if any, for Salute.
SALUTE collection + alternative Warrior models : If for some reason your pledge is now with you by Salute 2015 and and you plan to visit this year Salute please let us know via email additionally please make sure that you have your pledge manager print out and some ID, you may also collect pledge for your friend (please make sure your friend email us with name of the person that will be collecting his/her pledge).

An alternative Warrior models! - We will have a limited stock of "show only model" at Salute, about 50 sets at max. - Warrior models from the Aliens movie (classic design) and with Gods help maybe a Dropship and/or APC.

REMINDER: Please , please , please check your pledge manager for correct address and/or missing name surname (we need both for shipping). We had in last 4 weeks (shipped in last 2 months) 47 pledges returned to us due to wrong address, I understand that it was a really long ride, and in some cases people have moved to new places, however we wont be able to re-ship your KS at this stage and it will be put on a pile to be delivered at the end of this madness (unless you are happy to cover re-shipping costs now). Accepting your return doubles the cost of shipping for us as well as we have to pay for road back.

Thanks

http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/alien-vs-predator/261-alien-versus-predator-dropship-.html

Not really keen on this.

Eldritch_DM

I think it's alright. As a fan who's been craving miniatures to satisfy my miniature hobby, especially in the Alien arena, I'll take what we get. This way it'll save me the time and effort of getting a 40k Valkyrie and cutting it up to be a semi-looking Dropship.

I'm more curious now as to how the APC will look.

PRJ_since1990

Hey guys. Just an update on my situation. Prodos games finally contacted me back saying they've shipped my stuff. Since it is from the UK (I suspect), is there international tracking information available? Thanks.

Corporal Hicks

Last I remember they're shipping from Poland. When mine was shipped I got an email with the details so I could track it.

So I finally played a game last night. We used the tokens as the figures weren't put together and it took us an hour to setup and read through the rules. I actually really enjoyed it. As it was our first game we were talking through everyones moves quite a lot and it was really interesting. It prompted me to actually go through and sort all the pieces out properly. I'm really keen to get the figures together and play some more.

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2016, 03:09:53 PM
Last I remember they're shipping from Poland. When mine was shipped I got an email with the details so I could track it.

So I finally played a game last night. We used the tokens as the figures weren't put together and it took us an hour to setup and read through the rules. I actually really enjoyed it. As it was our first game we were talking through everyones moves quite a lot and it was really interesting. It prompted me to actually go through and sort all the pieces out properly. I'm really keen to get the figures together and play some more.

Who did you play as Hicks?

I'm curious to know others opinions of the base starters for the Aliens. The Infants and Stalkers are vastly underpowered in my opnion. I played several games, different missions and such with just the base game, nothing added, and I was blown off the table in almost all of those. It wasn't until I was able to get the Warriors, Crusher and Praetorian that I stood a better chance and actually won a few games.

Corporal Hicks

I played Predators. The Aliens actually won our games. But we all played a bit wrong or misremembered rules. Me and the Marine player were being too slow which set us back. And when I positioned myself to get off a few shots at the Aliens with my Plasma Caster I rolled a 20 on the second roll.  :laugh:

hardcorps54

when ever i played it (and its been a few games now) it varies greatly who wins, i thought initially the aliens were very underpowered but if you play them right you can win, they rely on numbers and picking your time to attack , swarming has the best effect when i played as them , the marines are solid in a group but easier when numbers reduced/seperated , predators depends on which one you attacking.

a very good game tho once you get your head around the wording of the rules, not played with much of the add ons as was more concerned with just getting the base game rules sorted in my head.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2016, 03:09:53 PM

I did not receive one yet so I am again nervous.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. How difficult are the models to put together, in your opinion? Did you need anything special like glue or a small knife or anything like that? I would love to read an in-depth review from you. 

Xyz

Still waiting for my miniatures from the Kickstarter. Those guys are a shame, they are more than a year late and do not even answer backer's emails. :/

Corporal Hicks

Yeah - to be honest, the whole handling of the situation has really put me off.  :-\ It's why it took me so long to finally attempt the game.

Xyz

Hopefully the game is worth it.  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed