Alien: Solara - New Audio Drama!

Started by Anarchist86ed, Jan 28, 2018, 07:12:41 PM

Author
Alien: Solara - New Audio Drama! (Read 88,314 times)

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic! I know what I'm listening to on the car journey tomorrow!  ;D

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Good! I will give a listen today. I'm avoiding your production notes 'til after I listen.

Prez

Prez

I've started from episode 1 as of today. Going to give them a good listen through all the way up to and including the new one.

Well done @Anarchist86ed and co. You are doing such an amazing job on these. The fact such high quality content is free and a labour of love is a testament to all involved.

XenoHunter99

Production problems aside, I thought the episode was pretty good. If you never talked about the difficulties or mentioned any drama behind the scenes, no one would know. It might be to your benefit over time to accentuate the positive when you're talking about these things. From a "get people aboard as fans" perspective, some positivity would be great! At the end of the day, you and your crew have produced a pair of surprisingly high quality audio series. Cheers and applause to all that. Be proud of what you've done. It's good! :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Aug 27, 2019, 08:00:07 PM
. If you never talked about the difficulties or mentioned any drama behind the scenes, no one would know. It might be to your benefit over time to accentuate the positive when you're talking about these things. From a "get people aboard as fans" perspective, some positivity would be great!

I couldn't agree with this more. Solara and Charon are f**king fantastic! I appreciate knowing about some of the difficulties, but you often put out an air of negativity.

I just finished listening to this. As always, I thoroughly enjoyed! Looking forward to going through your notes now.  ;D

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Aug 25, 2019, 07:49:23 PM
The chief and Ramirez briefly discuss how their voices are different and that no one will probably even notice. Losing both people who originally did the voices had to be explained somehow. And no one will ever mention the voices being different anyway, which was a sad reference only I understand.

I wouldn't bank on that! But it's good to justify it. You're not the first audio drama I've listened to where this has happened and had to be explained!

QuoteGorman's sidearm sound effect. Someone was able to acquire it after I asked for it.

I thought so! Just another one of those sound design things that helps root the show in Aliens. I thought that was ace.

QuoteI wrote the scene between the Captain with Stephanie in Mind long ago, but since we lost her that scene between our new Captain and the prospector lost its meaning.

I still got it.  :)

QuoteI teased what would have been a continuation of the series after this ended when John talked about food and water on the engineer ship. This is no longer a possibility.

I thought that was a pretty nice reference!! Did you get the idea from that prologue script for Covenant?

QuoteWhat to expect from the final episode?

Even though I have to change the ending, I'm still firm on what happens during the final scene and into final credits. I always knew Solara would end while Roll me away plays. And believe it or not, it's a very important song to the series.

Did you always plan for 6 episodes? I can't remember.

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 28, 2019, 12:46:52 PM
Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Aug 27, 2019, 08:00:07 PM
. If you never talked about the difficulties or mentioned any drama behind the scenes, no one would know. It might be to your benefit over time to accentuate the positive when you're talking about these things. From a "get people aboard as fans" perspective, some positivity would be great!

I couldn't agree with this more. Solara and Charon are f**king fantastic! I appreciate knowing about some of the difficulties, but you often put out an air of negativity.

I just finished listening to this. As always, I thoroughly enjoyed! Looking forward to going through your notes now.  ;D

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Aug 25, 2019, 07:49:23 PM
The chief and Ramirez briefly discuss how their voices are different and that no one will probably even notice. Losing both people who originally did the voices had to be explained somehow. And no one will ever mention the voices being different anyway, which was a sad reference only I understand.

I wouldn't bank on that! But it's good to justify it. You're not the first audio drama I've listened to where this has happened and had to be explained!

QuoteGorman's sidearm sound effect. Someone was able to acquire it after I asked for it.

I thought so! Just another one of those sound design things that helps root the show in Aliens. I thought that was ace.

QuoteI wrote the scene between the Captain with Stephanie in Mind long ago, but since we lost her that scene between our new Captain and the prospector lost its meaning.

I still got it.  :)

QuoteI teased what would have been a continuation of the series after this ended when John talked about food and water on the engineer ship. This is no longer a possibility.

I thought that was a pretty nice reference!! Did you get the idea from that prologue script for Covenant?

QuoteWhat to expect from the final episode?

Even though I have to change the ending, I'm still firm on what happens during the final scene and into final credits. I always knew Solara would end while Roll me away plays. And believe it or not, it's a very important song to the series.

8. But I can't keep going with all the problems I've had.

Yes.

If you dealt with what I have you'd find it hard to be positive. The only fun I had on this one was putting it together. Just as I was finishing it I basically got told to F word myself because this doesn't pay. Twice actually. I told everyone many times they could use it on their patreons to promote, just never, ever... EVER ask for money directly because of it. But it wasn't as good as trying to stick hands into my empty pockets I guess. I got offers for donations to my patreon that I do not have and I flatly refused every offer.  ::) The cast of Charon have been informed they can promote patreons in the credits if they want. So far, no one has given me any patreon information. Just requests to advertise other things they do.

Apparently the guy has some kind of access to sound effects used in movies and TV shows. He even has the sound effect of the grenade launcher from Terminator 2. He either has the real ones, or uses a process to record them from the source. I don't know, but either way I've used his work a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vJM5Cp3Yzg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZH8soRm52M

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Aug 29, 2019, 03:46:14 AM

That's fair. I appreciate you even finishing it off given the issues. I've listened to a few dramas before were it doesn't end.

QuoteIf you dealt with what I have you'd find it hard to be positive. The only fun I had on this one was putting it together.

I get that mate, I really do. But it's just about PR. If interactions with you are negative, and you seem to hate the experience of making the dramas, it's not going to be too enticing for people to come and interact with you. It's just about that public face.

I love what you've done and really want it to get the attention it deserves.

XenoHunter99

I agree with Hicks. It's good you're going to finish. It's about the PR. Love your work. It should get the attention it deserves.

Kaned...

Kaned...

Love, love the shows and the little nods to the expanded Alien Universe. Charon is my favourite,as its really interesting take on colony aspect and story wise could go on forever which i love.

Keep up the good work!!

Anarchist86ed

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 29, 2019, 08:04:15 AM
Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Aug 29, 2019, 03:46:14 AM

That's fair. I appreciate you even finishing it off given the issues. I've listened to a few dramas before were it doesn't end.

QuoteIf you dealt with what I have you'd find it hard to be positive. The only fun I had on this one was putting it together.

I get that mate, I really do. But it's just about PR. If interactions with you are negative, and you seem to hate the experience of making the dramas, it's not going to be too enticing for people to come and interact with you. It's just about that public face.

I love what you've done and really want it to get the attention it deserves.

I don't interact well with Humans.  ;D Humans have never failed thus far to betray me.  ::)

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Aug 29, 2019, 04:47:55 PM
I agree with Hicks. It's good you're going to finish. It's about the PR. Love your work. It should get the attention it deserves.

So long as we don't get sued by a greedy mouse.  ::)

Quote from: Kaned... on Aug 29, 2019, 05:13:52 PM
Love, love the shows and the little nods to the expanded Alien Universe. Charon is my favourite,as its really interesting take on colony aspect and story wise could go on forever which i love.

Keep up the good work!!

Charon has had its troubles too.  ::)

But I refused to let one person destroy it. We've got a new cast and a new mission. Part 4 is well underway. No release scheduled yet though. Despite its calamity, I think it is a good one.

All I'll spoil is: removed before embryo implantation.  :D

Note to the Corp: will remake topic soon.

Anarchist86ed

Final report of this topic before it's remade to remove the clutter and make it coherent.

Charon, part 4, September 15th.

Signing off.

XenoHunter99

Cheers to September 15! :)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Anarchist86ed on Sep 05, 2019, 12:15:54 AM
Final report of this topic before it's remade to remove the clutter and make it coherent.

Charon, part 4, September 15th.

Signing off.

YESS!!!! Bravo.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed