William Gibson's Alien 3 - Audio Drama - 2019

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 19, 2019, 02:10:54 PM

Author
William Gibson's Alien 3 - Audio Drama - 2019 (Read 40,349 times)

SM

Just glancing at the script and comic script for issue one and it's often word for word including the descriptions.

Local Trouble

Hicks mentioned some changes in his review:

QuoteThere are some very small differences from the scripts with the more noticeable being the shuffling about of scenes to better work with the opening of issues or creating cliff-hangers at the end of issues. The small differences are mostly an occasional piece of dialogue removed and the major differences mostly revolve around one character, Halliday. Her introduction with Hicks is completely removed and she's killed much earlier than in the script.

Corporal Hicks

It really wasn't that different. The occasional snip in dialogue was like the last comment in a sentence or such. The adaptation was incredibly faithful for the script.

Nostromo

Hicks sounded a bit upset for making his character one that swears too much. He's right, his character was pretty calm and collective in Aliens. Pre-ordered the TPB and waiting for the audiobook to come out on Audible. Should be decent with him doing the talking.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

He isn't Hicks, he's Michael Biehn lol.
And I don't get upset, just unimpressed.

Stitch

Quote from: Nostromo on May 22, 2019, 12:13:56 PMPre-ordered the TPB and waiting for the audiobook to come out on Audible. Should be decent with him doing the talking.
I'm tempted to make a pseudo motion comic with the audio drama and the comic, depending on how close it is.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Stitch on May 22, 2019, 01:19:45 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on May 22, 2019, 12:13:56 PMPre-ordered the TPB and waiting for the audiobook to come out on Audible. Should be decent with him doing the talking.
I'm tempted to make a pseudo motion comic with the audio drama and the comic, depending on how close it is.

That would be pretty cool, but I think DH but the kaibosh on that the last time someone tried to do that with Aliens: Book 1.  Too bad as it was awesome.

Nostromo

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on May 22, 2019, 12:52:18 PM
He isn't Hicks, he's Michael Biehn lol.
And I don't get upset, just unimpressed.
lol, true.

Huggs

Quote from: Nostromo on May 22, 2019, 12:13:56 PM
Hicks sounded a bit upset for making his character one that swears too much. He's right, his character was pretty calm and collective in Aliens. Pre-ordered the TPB and waiting for the audiobook to come out on Audible. Should be decent with him doing the talking.

Being quiet and collected won't work well in an audio drama.

It kind of hinges on dialogue and sound.

Russ840

So I thought this is supposed to release today ?

Corporal Hicks

No, tomorrow. Turns out the recording with Lance was super late scheduled and Dirk only just finished the mix with his audio yesterday.

Russ840

Russ840

Really.

That's amazing that he can get it out tomorrow if he only finished yesterday. 

Im so excited for this.

Thanks for the insight Hicks

That's a nice surprise.

Just got the email that it's now available to download.

Just did it. It's a lot shorter than the other Audio Dramas. It's 2hrs 16mins

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, was gonna say! It's up now. Listening to it currently.

Prez

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 30, 2019, 07:35:04 AM
No, tomorrow. Turns out the recording with Lance was super late scheduled and Dirk only just finished the mix with his audio yesterday.

Kinda reassuring to see other fellow creatives working to super tight deadlines ... even on high profile projects.

Russ840

30 mins in.

Did you notice the error very early on ? Regarding rank.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed