What i dont get is... (spoilers)

Started by nendo, Jun 01, 2012, 02:37:22 AM

Author
What i dont get is... (spoilers) (Read 1,696 times)

nendo

nendo

2 things realy. Did the space jockies continually come back to earth to check up on us? If so why did they leave a star map to a bio weapon outpost? Surly if u were going to give a planet then it would be there own or something simular. Not a moon that the space jockies use to create bio weapons. Where is the sense in that? Surly a weapon facility is the last place u would want to point a civilisation to go to

Samayel

Samayel

My thoughts too. I'm always ready to suspend disbelief for a good movie, but Prometheus has more plot holes than a swiss cheese.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

One thing I did notice is....
Spoiler
the star map represented suns not planets, when David activates the star Hollogram, at one point you can see the same configuration in the centre Holloway talked about. Five of these suns eventually disappear leaving only one, then david sees the Earth and that's when he realises where they were going
[close]

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Well, yeah Roary... the name "star map" kinda indicates that dude.

"Stars are other suns, but very far away."

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 01, 2012, 03:02:47 AM
Well, yeah Roary... the name "star map" kinda indicates that dude.

"Stars are other suns, but very far away."

Yeah but what I mean is you dont actually see it till you see the film, some people have argued it was a system of planets and all sorts of stuff, the give away is when the stars disappear...thats all Im saying

Ballzanya

Quote from: RoaryUK on Jun 01, 2012, 02:48:03 AM
One thing I did notice is....
Spoiler
the star map represented suns not planets, when David activates the star Hollogram, at one point you can see the same configuration in the centre Holloway talked about. Five of these suns eventually disappear leaving only one, then david sees the Earth and that's when he realises where they were going
[close]

Not to be a dick or anything but as someone else pointed out, the word "sun" and "star" are just different words for the same thing. The sun in our solar system is a star, and the stars we see in the night sky or with a telescope are suns in other solar systems. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed