What the hell was Del Toro talking about?!

Started by Kev Loaf, May 30, 2012, 07:43:49 AM

Author
What the hell was Del Toro talking about?! (Read 6,328 times)

whiterabbit

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 10:44:47 AM
Spoiler
Sorry i did not get what you meant ^^
The surviving engineer killed all the xenos then he went into cryo?
When you see the pile of bodies, it's really a lot of xenos you know.
Also the 3 others cryo have holes in their chest area, so xenos are somewhere inside that juggernaut.
[close]
Spoiler
As in the 3 SJ went to sleep first while the last one was still awake. The 3 of them die when the aliens burst form their chest. However being babies the last engineer kills them and then goes to sleep himself. The four engineers could have been something like special forces sent in to take care of the problem but 3 of them got infected.
[close]

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 30, 2012, 10:49:55 AM
I think there is an extended ending..

Spoiler
where the baby protoXeno goes and finds the bigger xenos on the planet (the ones who hatched out of the engineers 2k years ago or at least their descendents).
[close]

I can imagine a scene,

After escaping Shaw looks down on the planet and in the distance she sees a horrible site. A colony of giant Xenos. Millions of them.

That would be shocking and in line with Mountain of Madness

That would be pretty awesome. :)

timiteh

timiteh

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 30, 2012, 10:49:55 AM
I think there is an extended ending..

Spoiler
where the baby protoXeno goes and finds the bigger xenos on the planet (the ones who hatched out of the engineers 2k years ago or at least their descendents).
[close]

I can imagine a scene,

After escaping Shaw looks down on the planet and in the distance she sees a horrible site. A colony of giant Xenos. Millions of them.

That would be shocking and in line with Mountain of Madness

That would be indeed interesting but there doesn't need to be millions of them. Just a few which are the result of 2000 years of growth/development, thus much more evolved, awful and bigger than whatever xeno we have seen up to now. For the record besides the queen in AVP, which was in stasis btw, all xenos we have seen up to now are quite young (have we even seen a year old xeno?). What if Xenos keep evolving during their lifetime (like insects and reptils) ? What would a xeno look like after having lived for thousands of years ?
Did it become sentient ?
And if yes to what level ?
Human level ?
Above ?
The vision of extremly evolved, powerful and sentient xeno is extremly terrifying. Imagine if they evolve to the point that they learn to use engineers tech such as the juggernaut and decide to go for a trip toward earth or engineers planet.

harlock

Dan O'Bannon had said if the ALIEN survived, it would pass it's youthful angry feeding, breedy phase and become truly intelligent and communicative, exceptionally so and that it was the adult xenos that created the culture of the pyramids in the original Star Beast script.

I expect Dan's adult xenos are the people in that pyramid life-cycle mural that Giger did.

...Man it feels good to make a post that doesn't need a spoiler tag!  ;D

NGR01

Since the Engineer have an altar with a mural of that pure xeno i guss that the dan obannon original idea about fully grown up intelligent xeno is in play in PROMETHEUS.

timiteh

timiteh

Quote from: harlock on May 31, 2012, 09:26:06 AM
Dan O'Bannon had said if the ALIEN survived, it would pass it's youthful angry feeding, breedy phase and become truly intelligent and communicative, exceptionally so and that it was the adult xenos that created the culture of the pyramids in the original Star Beast script.

I expect Dan's adult xenos are the people in that pyramid life-cycle mural that Giger did.

...Man it feels good to make a post that doesn't need a spoiler tag!  ;D

That would have been interesting to put such beings in the movie.
Spoiler

imagine if those xenos like beings from 2000 years ago have reached this phase and become even smarter than the engineers . Imagine also that they save Shaw from the engineer, spare her while making her understand that compared to them humans are like bacteria  and will stay that way for a long time and that engineers are mere insects.
Then use vastly modified/improved  juggernauts to go toward the engineers home planet, a plan they were preparing for hundred of years to wipe them or use them as slaves, just to punish to have dared recreating them.
[close]

NGR01

To me the xeno that is born at the end of PROMETHEUS is a Dark Engineer.
We already know that the Engineer worship them, are scared of them.
Would not surprise me that they are actually more powerfull and intelligent than them.

timiteh

Quote from: NGR01 on May 31, 2012, 01:10:36 PM
To me the xeno that is born at the end of PROMETHEUS is a Dark Engineer.
We already know that the Engineer worship them, are scared of them.
Would not surprise me that they are actually more powerfull and intelligent than them.

Perhaps, it would have been quite interesting to see it in its adult form and especially to have it interact with the last engineer in order to show how powerful, smart and saddistic it is and how terrifyed the engineers are by it.
It would help explain what happen 2000 years ago by witnessing the slaughtering of an engineer by one of this being.
It is not very impressive to see a baby bust from the engineer dead body.

Kev Loaf

If the people in the Giger mural are advanced Zenos, what the hell is that creature bent over laying the eggs?! :/

So many mysterious in the franchise.

darkbladeclan6438

what creature laying eggs?

Infected

All that worshipping and stuff all sounds like AVP to me.  ;D

Spider-pope

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 30, 2012, 07:43:49 AM
He said his Mountain of Madness film got canned because it had the same set pieces and ending to Prometheus.

I've read the book and I've read the recent spoilers, they are not exactly the same. Unless Del Toro version had a different ending to the book

It may not have the exact same ending as At the Mountains of Madness, but Prometheus does hit the same notes. Expedition to an unknown place? Check. Discovering an advanced race? Check. Discovering we are the creation of said race? Check. Bad stuff happening because we stick are noses in where they don't belong? Check. The only thing missing is mutant penguins.

Kev Loaf

I'm pretty sure he said both films had the same set pieces and also the ending was simmilar

Key set pieces in Mountain

- elder things reanimate and attack camp
- shogoth attack
- ending when survivor sees horrible creature and goes mad

Unless there is a deleted extended ending to Prometheus (I suspect this)

Face Jockey

Perhaps Del Toro also knows what might be in Prometheus 2.

Spider-pope

Quote from: Kev Loaf on May 31, 2012, 11:01:48 PM
I'm pretty sure he said both films had the same set pieces and also the ending was simmilar

Key set pieces in Mountain

- elder things reanimate and attack camp
- shogoth attack
- ending when survivor sees horrible creature and goes mad

Unless there is a deleted extended ending to Prometheus (I suspect this)

That depends entirely on what you consider the core set pieces of 'At the Mountains of Madness'.
If we go by your list:
- Elder things reanimating =
Spoiler
Engineer waking up from stasis
[close]

-Shoggoth "attack" =
Spoiler
Chased away by a rapidly mutating/evolving organism. Hmm sounds familiar.
[close]

-Ending when survivor sees horrible creature and goes mad =
Spoiler
the revelation that this world of horrors is not the only one and that there are plenty more Jockey ships out there. Also possibly it's the last minute revelation to the audience of a new horror being born. In such a case we are Danforth.
[close]

Now lets add what i'd consider the key aspects of 'Mountains'
- Strange murals depicting the life and practices of an elder race =
Spoiler
strange murals depicting the life and practices of the Engineers.
[close]

-creation of an elder race being responsible for their demise =
Spoiler
creation of the Engineers race being responsible for their demise.
[close]

-Revelation that mankind was created by aliens =
Spoiler
Revelation that life on earth was started by Engineers.
[close]

- That there are some things we are better off not knowing about = There are some things we are better off not knowing about.

NGR01

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 30, 2012, 11:37:12 AM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 10:44:47 AM
Spoiler
Sorry i did not get what you meant ^^
The surviving engineer killed all the xenos then he went into cryo?
When you see the pile of bodies, it's really a lot of xenos you know.
Also the 3 others cryo have holes in their chest area, so xenos are somewhere inside that juggernaut.
[close]
Spoiler
As in the 3 SJ went to sleep first while the last one was still awake. The 3 of them die when the aliens burst form their chest. However being babies the last engineer kills them and then goes to sleep himself. The four engineers could have been something like special forces sent in to take care of the problem but 3 of them got infected.
[close]

Oh ok i get it now.
Yes that could work.
I just have doubt that one Engineer could deal with 3 fully grown pure xeno.
Imagine a 9/10 ft tall killing machine. I would have loved to see one of the fully grown pure xeno, or several unleashed in the military base killing Engineers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed