Idea's of a Perfect Alien vs Predator film

Started by Predwars24, Feb 16, 2019, 09:23:49 PM

Author
Idea's of a Perfect Alien vs Predator film (Read 7,930 times)

SM

Indeed.

happypred

Aliens is extremely well-executed action horror (not as much action as people think), as is Predator (heavier on action but plenty of suspense)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: razeak on Jul 02, 2019, 03:53:51 PM
If you are doing AVP, you can't just wrap it all up in the Alien side of things and say "But Alien is horror" while ignoring that Predator is action (or action horror).

I would say Aliens has more action than Predator overall. Not Predator 2, but Predator definitely in my opinion.

SM

Quote from: happypred on Jul 03, 2019, 01:46:10 AM
Aliens is extremely well-executed action horror (not as much action as people think), as is Predator (heavier on action but plenty of suspense)

The last 40 minutes of Aliens is a continuous series of action sequences.  Predator is comparable, with slightly more quieter bits while Dutch prepares for battle.

Immortan Jonesy

Yes or yeah. The marines might be a key element of any respectable AvP film (regardless the setting; Space or Earth).

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 03, 2019, 03:56:47 AM

Yes or yeah. The marines might be a key element of any respectable AvP film (regardless the setting; Space or Earth).

Another issue with the 2004 film. The closest we get to military action is a bunch of dull as dishwater, utterly forgettable mercenaries who all die like chumps immediately. No memorable characters (or even caricatures), cool gear or heroic last stands to be found between the lot of them.

Corporal Hicks

I dunno, I kinda like Quinn's scenes. But in general, I completely agree with you.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Underutilized actor.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 04, 2019, 07:29:15 AM
I dunno, I kinda like Quinn's scenes. But in general, I completely agree with you.

Which one was he? I've seen the damn thing at least ten times and I still can't remember any character names other than Lex and Weyland.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 10, 2019, 09:31:43 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 04, 2019, 07:29:15 AM

Which one was he? I've seen the damn thing at least ten times and I still can't remember any character names other than Lex and Weyland.

The head drilling person. He's the one who comes across everyone dead above the ice when the Predators show up.

The Old One

The Old One

I preferred Tommy Flanagan and Ewen Bremner.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed