"Near the end of this century we’re in” - FX CEO Landgraf Talks Time Setting

Started by TheBATMAN, Feb 17, 2022, 06:45:08 PM

Author
"Near the end of this century we’re in” - FX CEO Landgraf Talks Time Setting (Read 23,657 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Feb 17, 2022, 08:05:23 PM
Its either not going to have the Alien in it as we know it or this series is just going to exist exclusively in its own continuity.

I doubt the people behind this are thinking of doing a secondary continuity. I think it's the real deal until the fans hate it to death and then it becomes its own canon (like AVPs).

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 17, 2022, 09:52:09 PM
Perhaps the surprise is Michael Fassbender playing another android/character.  :laugh:

He should play android called Gordon. Probably an early model prototype that got locked in a vault and forgotten about. Nobody talks about him 'cause nobody remembers he even exist. That's why we never heard about him during the events of Prometheus and Covenant

Quote from: Kailem on Feb 17, 2022, 09:57:25 PM
For real, at this point. But hey, at least the silver lining will be Covenant being well and truly retconned into oblivion! :laugh:

I don't remember Disney retconning SW prequels

Kailem

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 17, 2022, 09:59:56 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Feb 17, 2022, 09:57:25 PM
For real, at this point. But hey, at least the silver lining will be Covenant being well and truly retconned into oblivion! :laugh:

I don't remember Disney retconning SW prequels

Neither do I. Sounds like they're about to retcon at least one Alien prequel though.

Local Trouble

May as well retcon Prometheus while they're at it.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

But that upset pe. .Nah just kidding  :laugh: REtcoN tHe aLbinOoooos!!! 😜

Kradan

#KeepTheAlbinos

#RestoreRidleyVerse

Immortan Jonesy

[cancerblack]

Local Trouble

What does Corporal Hicks think about all this?

[cancerblack]

He seems to be into it, if you read the news post.

windebieste

Hah! It's possible to write an ALIEN story on Earth, right now; and it would still dovetail into PROMETHEUS and the rest of the series without a retcon. Easily done.

Just dig up a Engineer ship buried somewhere in a middle eastern desert and start having scientists fall over canisters of black goo they find that transforms them into Deacon like creatures. Instant ALIEN movie. It's not hard to do.

-Windebieste.

Kradan

I gues I'm in a small small small minority that actually liked the idea of David being the creator but not gonna lost my sleep if they retcon that by showing Aliens being a thing prior to Covenant. It doesn't erase the movie from the continuity just changes the interpretation of events so I'm happy

J Bradley

...The presence of Aliens could just mean that David 8 reached some conclusion by himself that other scientists did before him.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 17, 2022, 10:51:37 PM
I gues I'm in a small small small minority that actually liked the idea of David being the creator but not gonna lost my sleep if they retcon that by showing Aliens being a thing prior to Covenant. It doesn't erase the movie from the continuity just changes the interpretation of events so I'm happy
NO, EVERYTHING IS RETCONS! CANON! CANON AND RETCONS!

Immortan Jonesy

I have faith that it's going to be more of a recontextualization like what Alex White did in his books, and the only retcon is going to be David creating the Alien. The books, comics, and 'Aliens: Fireteam Elite' don't seem to indicate that the prequels are going to be contradicted or ignored altogether.

However, I do agree that they are somewhat limited in setting the events of the series close to Prometheus. We know that the Alien did not go out of control on Earth. No one in the prequels, or the Alien movies talked about that time all hell broke loose on Earth from an Alien infestation.

So no idea what kind of impact it might have on the universe. Unless it's pure small-group horror like 'The Terror' series, and why not, like 1979's 'Alien' . Something akin to Jon Carpenter's 'The Thing' would also be fine.

Anyway, this scene could turn into unintentional comedy once the show is reléase.  :laugh:

But with all that in mind, and as someone who has enjoyed every season of 'Fargo' , which is featured in the news, I'm cautiously optimistic for what Noah is cooking up.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Feb 17, 2022, 10:53:04 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Feb 17, 2022, 10:51:37 PM
NO, EVERYTHING IS RETCONS! CANON! CANON AND RETCONS!

RETCONS WARS!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed