Alien Covenant Blu-ray

Started by 0321recon, Jun 29, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Blu-ray (Read 118,720 times)

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 29, 2017, 05:56:07 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2017, 02:58:44 PM
I can't help but sigh. If that's legit then that's just pitiful. Sounds like we might get to see some of those other virals that weren't released but I'd still rather a massive chunky behind-the-scenes documentary.

Enoch mentioned several months back that his "source" told him that there was a making-of documentary shot called "The Making of Fear". Not 100% certain about the veracity of Enoch's source though, so take with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Found his original post. At least he was spot-on about Luke doing the viral marketing so he might be onto something here.

Quote from: Enoch on Sep 01, 2016, 01:26:48 AM
Verified info! Finally!

There will be documentary on movie titled 'The Making of Fear'.
Thats only thing I know at this moment. They plan extensive marketing campaign!

One of Ridley sons maybe did some viral material for Covenant!
This is just a strong hint.

Boy, I hope there holding back and their going to release that as a double dip. I remember when Gladiator was released in the early 2000's in a two disc DVD with deleted scenes and commentary. Then in 2005, a three disc set was released with the deleted scenes reinserted into the film, a new commentary from Ridley, and a three hour documentary. http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/17521/gladiator-extended-edition/

Let's see if Covenant runs the same fate in a few years, perhaps in a trilogy/anthology box set after the prequel series is done.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Didn't one of the make-up effects guy's say while they were shooting he never once saw a film crew filming any BTS material?

PierreVW

PierreVW

WHEN is FOX releasing this Blu-ray?.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: PierreVW on Jun 29, 2017, 08:12:10 PM
In the US it's supposedly coming out on August 15.

Mr. Xenomorph

Mr. Xenomorph

No making-of doc is extremely disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing Katherine Waterston standing in a hole or a trench to do her dialogue (she's 6-ish feet tall and taller than Danny McBride - sometimes that's what they do).

Hopefully we'll get to see the apartment scene though.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I'm not surprised we didn't get a extended cut for the bluray release. I'm happy that we're getting the deleted and extended scenes. Hopefully, someone on here will make a fan edit of the film that's closer to the novel.

Protozoid

Protozoid

At least we don't have to wait to see the deleted scenes, and they won't make people double dip for those and the commentary. But the absence of The Making of Fear is odd. I will check out the disc for the commentary and deleted scenes but won't buy, just in case. The Scott brothers take up a huge chunk of my shelf space with their double dips, already, and I'm tired of buying one only to resell on eBay six months later after one viewing. Covenant has just been one let down after another for me, and I just can't be bothered with such a weak disc.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: 0321recon on Jun 29, 2017, 08:18:11 PM

According to amazon.co.uk it will be September 18.

Protozoid

Protozoid

Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 29, 2017, 09:48:40 PM

Unless they delayed it in the last few days, it's 8/15 Stateside. I was on the phone with a distributor last week and asked twice.

Embry Starred

Embry Starred

I work at best buy confirmed with my boss its August 15th

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?year=2017

Ingwar

Ingwar

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Protozoid on Jun 29, 2017, 09:54:35 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jun 29, 2017, 09:48:40 PM

Unless they delayed it in the last few days, it's 8/15 Stateside. I was on the phone with a distributor last week and asked twice.

Yeah. It's 8/15 for the USA.

9/18 for the rest of the World.

Quote from: Mr. Xenomorph on Jun 29, 2017, 09:02:37 PM
No making-of doc is extremely disappointing. I was looking forward to seeing Katherine Waterston standing in a hole or a trench to do her dialogue (she's 6-ish feet tall and taller than Danny McBride - sometimes that's what they do).

Hopefully we'll get to see the apartment scene though.

Danny McBride is 6'. Michael Fassbender is 6'.

The three of them are 6' and they looked the same hieght in ALIEN: COVENANT.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 29, 2017, 07:31:30 PM

Didn't one of the make-up effects guy's say while they were shooting he never once saw a film crew filming any BTS material?
I hope this isn't true.

psychonaut35

psychonaut35

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 29, 2017, 10:47:01 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jun 29, 2017, 07:31:30 PM

I hope this isn't true.

Even if it was true, we have some of BTS scenes in the Tested channel on YT where Adam Savage showed some big practical effects.

Prez

Prez

So it's been confirmed that Alien Covenant will hit home release on 15 August.

Just found my local distributor has some more details about the BluRay release.

Special Features
Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott
12 Deleted and Extended Scenes
5 Featurettes: Meet Walter, Phobos, The Last Supper, The Crossing, Advent
Master Class: Ridley Scott
Theatrical Trailers
David's Illustrations

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed