Possible Prometheus Trailer Footage

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 21, 2011, 12:44:06 AM

Author
Possible Prometheus Trailer Footage (Read 55,977 times)

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Highland on Nov 22, 2011, 05:38:55 AM
Quote from: Terx2 on Nov 22, 2011, 05:08:38 AM
and has never failed.

Not sure about that one.

If I had a cent for every time someone said "Man this is going to be the best movie ever" from a fuzzy out of focus trailer shot, I'd be running my own movie company.

True but don't you have your hopes up for it? Whether its good or bad it will make money somehow just look at Twilight for example.

Deuterium

Some of the responses in this thread are full of win  ;D

People will see anything in a blurry photograph.  Our human minds force us to look for patterns in an image, even if they are not there.  The only pics I can see clearly is of Charlize Theron, and someone shooting something with a flamethrower.

And what is it with flamethrowers (KILL IT WITH FIRE) anyway?  I realize the original film may have started this trope.  However, it would seem to me that if we have advanced enough to build and fly interstellar spacecraft...there might be a lot more impressive, advanced hand-held weaponary then a friggin' flame thrower.  How about electro-magnetic rail guns, or particle beam weapons, or heck -- man portable high powered masers or even x-ray lasers.  Don't get me wrong, I realize why they use flame units in a film.  Flamethrowers are visually sexy.  And, a flamethrower kind of made sense in Alien, as the crew already knew about the creature's prediliction for bleeding acid.  But they make absolutely no sense as a weapon that may have to be used in an enclosed environment (e.g. a spacecraft)...and may be of questionable efficacy on a planet with a reducing atmosphere (little or no atmospheric oxygen).  Conversely, they might be disastrous in an environment which has an atmosphere with O2 content greater then 20%.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 22, 2011, 03:06:06 AM
Prometheus was made by the man who defined the sci-fi genre. Next.

To be fair, Scott's recent movies like Bodies of Lies and Robin Hood have been hit or mixed. The 2000 era has been view as a come back to Ridley Scott after the dull movies that he did in the 90's like 1492: Conquest of Paradise, White Squall and
G.I. Jane. I hope the film will be good but I would not get too excited yet.

Highland

Quote from: Terx2 on Nov 22, 2011, 05:40:57 AM

True but don't you have your hopes up for it? Whether its good or bad it will make money somehow just look at Twilight for example.

Twilight has a massive band of supporters with a collective IQ average of 60 and the intelligence of a small squirrel. It's the Justin Bieber of the movie world.

This should do ok. I'm not expecting big numbers though, certainly not Jim Cameron style numbers.

Eldritch

Quote from: deuterium on Nov 22, 2011, 05:43:42 AM
And what is it with flamethrowers (KILL IT WITH FIRE) anyway?  I realize the original film may have started this trope.  However, it would seem to me that if we have advanced enough to build and fly interstellar spacecraft...there might be a lot more impressive, advanced hand-held weaponary then a friggin' flame thrower.  How about electro-magnetic rail guns, or particle beam weapons, or heck -- man portable high powered masers or even x-ray lasers.  Don't get me wrong, I realize why they use flame units in a film.  Flamethrowers are visually sexy.  And, a flamethrower kind of made sense in Alien, as the crew already knew about the creature's prediliction for bleeding acid.  But they make absolutely no sense as a weapon that may have to be used in an enclosed environment (e.g. a spacecraft)...and may be of questionable efficacy on a planet with a reducing atmosphere (little or no atmospheric oxygen).  Conversely, they might be disastrous in an environment which has an atmosphere with O2 content greater then 20%.

In the first movie, the flamethrowers were the only things besides the cattleprods that they could muster. The Nostromo was not a warship, it was a freighter/tow ship. Not sure about the ship the humans use in Prometheus. However, using any kind of bullet weapon inside a space ship is a BAD idea since the slightest hole will cause depressurization and everyone will be sucked into space (the ending of Alien Resurrection was quite spot on in this actually). Energy weapons would look EXTREMELY silly... like something out of Star Trek or Star Wars.. let's not go there ;) I think that having a minimalistic amount of weapons will keep the suspence up.

aliennaire

aliennaire

Quote from: deuterium on Nov 22, 2011, 05:43:42 AM
People will see anything in a blurry photograph.  Our human minds force us to look for patterns in an image, even if they are not there. 

It's called gestalt psychology. Yes, we people cannot feel content untill the unfinished deed is accomplished and unapprehensible picture is ascribed to some familiar image...

Actually, IMO, the most important info, that the guy, who posted the leakage, could have revealed, is a list of questions, given him after the watching. I remember, in his IMDb thread he mentioned some were aimed at music, actors and whether it looked like an action movie trailer... I suppose, if they asked the latter, then survey team was examining the accuracy of trailer to actually describe the whole movie as the action one. And so on. And I'm pretty sure, this trailer isn't the only one version which is being tested nowadays. Just give them a while to wale the most relevant one to show it on wide screen. (Lest it will occur like three times more horror... action on Earth  :))

As what for viewers - I reckon, the less expectations you summon here, the more inexplicable mysteries the movie will unveil to you and leasways won't betray your self-made expectations. (However, I must confess, all this awaiting could drive someone insane, so where have we stopped? lol  ;D)

Engineer1

Engineer1

Awesome what some can make of a blurry dark image ^^
Not making fun of anyone but the Engineer bit is too much ;)
I'm a bit suprised that Scott went again with the creature coming out from the gut.
And we know from the comic con pics that the crew has actual weapons.

Pretty suprised that scifi fans lovers can diss Starship Troopers.
Spoiler
Especially for not being subtle.
It was not the point of the movie.
Verhoeven can be subtle as he wants, just check his previous films, he wanted to make a 40's style war propaganda movie.
The fact that he used shallow and good looking character and make them suffer in rivers of blood is by itself awesome.
The way he makes fun of the americans warmongering mentality is pure bliss.
Not suprised the movie bombed in the US lol.
The mirror was too hard to watch.
As for the action, the fort attack is just beautiful to watch.
I'm really sad for those who didn' get ST, it's a great scifi satire comedy with awesome action.
[close]

scarhunter92

oh god it looks brilliant

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: deimos-remus on Nov 22, 2011, 05:17:24 AM

That's what I was seeing at first, but now that i think about it, it looks like a cave with someone waling through it.

That one looked to me like a person in a space suit walking through an environment with straight lines in the background

ikarop

ikarop

In case someone is interested, Nielsen is/was apparently the company doing these surveys.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: ikarop on Nov 22, 2011, 12:47:37 PM
In case someone is interested, Nielsen is/was apparently the company doing these surveys.

Who the Hell are 'Wild Card', then?

ikarop

ikarop

No idea. But Nielsen is the company mentioned by the source of the leak.

Maybe it's a generic way to tag material. Not sure of its meaning.

Edit: Actually there's a company called Wild Card that creates trailers and TV spots for many AAA movies. They have worked with Fox before too: http://www.wildcardav.com/

Glaive

Glaive

Good detective work! ;D

Infected

Quote from: Michael Harper on Nov 21, 2011, 11:31:56 AM
Quote from: deimos-remus on Nov 21, 2011, 04:32:10 AM
New user here and first post.

Definitely looks legitimate. Looks amazing(from what little you CAN see of it). I've never been more excited for a movie in my lifetime.

Anyway, I saw that some of you were having trouble saving the video from photobucket. I was able to, and plays fine, so I took a screencap of the possible Jockey at the end of the video. I was thinking the same thing.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/deimos-remus/ScreenShot2011-11-20at112624PM.png

I still can't see it :P

Can you describe what it is that you see, so maybe I can see it too? :P

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/deimos-remus/prometheus1.jpg

That's what I was seeing at first, but now that i think about it, it looks like a cave with someone waling through it.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/deimos-remus/ScreenShot2011-11-20at112624PM-1.png
What i see is this.
The big glass helmet you see at the back its has a small plate.

That small plate is where the arrow is pointing to on the left you see some lights (probablly from an apc  ) and the shoulder of the person with the helmet on its a pretty big jar they are wearing you can see its shape a little of a human upperbody.

Here is the same pic but i enlighten it a little

So my guess is they will land somewere on a planet and will definetly know what they are after because they have apc's and flamethrowers they will go in with force.
Maybe Lv-426 maybe not.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: Infected on Nov 22, 2011, 07:06:45 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Nov 21, 2011, 11:31:56 AM
Quote from: deimos-remus on Nov 21, 2011, 04:32:10 AM
New user here and first post.

Definitely looks legitimate. Looks amazing(from what little you CAN see of it). I've never been more excited for a movie in my lifetime.

Anyway, I saw that some of you were having trouble saving the video from photobucket. I was able to, and plays fine, so I took a screencap of the possible Jockey at the end of the video. I was thinking the same thing.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/deimos-remus/ScreenShot2011-11-20at112624PM.png

I still can't see it :P

Can you describe what it is that you see, so maybe I can see it too? :P

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/deimos-remus/prometheus1.jpg

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/deimos-remus/ScreenShot2011-11-20at112624PM-1.png
What i see is this.
The big glass helmet you see at the back its has a small plate.
http://i41.tinypic.com/1z4fu51.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/kclzyp.png

That small plate is where the arrow is pointing to on the left you see some lights (probablly from an apc  http://i40.tinypic.com/2mia1z.jpg) and the shoulder of the person with the helmet on its a pretty big jar they are wearing you can see its shape a little of a human upperbody.

Here is the same pic but i enlighten it a little http://i39.tinypic.com/nbvxus.png

So my guess is they will land somewere on a planet and will definetly know what they are after because they have apc's and flamethrowers they will go in with force.
Maybe Lv-426 maybe not.

Someone earlier described that helmet as part of a spacesuit...

I don't think it is... as the spacesuits are definitely looking VERY similar to those from 'ALIEN'...my belief is this is futuristic bio-hazard gear.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed