Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 20, 2022, 08:50:29 AM

Author
Marvel's Alien (Volume 2) - Alien: Icarus (Read 40,113 times)

Still Collating...

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 16, 2022, 10:39:52 PM
Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Sep 16, 2022, 12:15:07 PMDecember's Alien Solicitation

ALIEN #4
PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • JULIUS OHTA (A) • Cover by BJÖRN BARENDS
Variant Cover by TAURIN CLARKE • Variant Cover by LEE GARBETT
Variant Cover by CULLY HAMNER
BETRAYAL IS THE HEART OF EVERY END!
Steel Team's human allies have led them into an ambush, leaving them for dead in the nest of a vicious Xenomorph Queen. As Steel Team suffers their first casualties, Eli's trust in Freyja is tested like never before. Meanwhile, the humans suffer the consequences of their betrayal as a new kind of monster awakens inside one of their own.
32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/qXwCpkpd4iXd8oFLbxfWDn-1200-80.jpg

Nice cover, kinda big for a queen though right?

I like 'em big  ;D  and it is just cover art.

Corporal Hicks

Looks like Marvel's Alien is finally going to play with the
Spoiler
accelerant
[close]
. I'm continuing to dig the artwork. I like the glowing eyes of all the synths with their extra vision on.

Still Collating...

I hope they don't go wild when using it.

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 19, 2022, 02:02:38 PMI hope they don't go wild when using it.
well we know some form of the woman in the dark is coming

Still Collating...

I'm kinda okay with them going the Perfected rout (term introduced in the RPG), I just hope they will be more consistent with the pathogen's use (what the RPG and Alex White put back on track) unlike the latest novel and Aliens Fireteam Elite. 

Xiggz456

Just read issue 2 and that was a really exciting issue!

Spoiler
Praetorian, pathogen urns and synth vs xeno slugfest!
[close]

So far this arc has started out very strong. If the story telling stays consistent for the remaining 4 issues this will easily be my favorite arc from Marvel.

TilotnyWorshiper28

https://i.4cdn.org/co/1666279297053949.jpg

ALIEN #5

Variant Cover by MATÍAS BERGARA • Variant Cover by NICK DRAGOTTA

RUDE AWAKENING!

The ship the humans stole from the Steel Team has crashed, and from the fiery wreckage emerged a swarm of Xenos led by the monstrous Hybrid! The few remaining humans fled back to their base in a futile attempt to escape slaughter. Meanwhile, with their numbers quickly dwindling, the Steel Team must make difficult decisions that could result in the possible success, or utter failure, of this disaster mission.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Oct 20, 2022, 11:40:18 AMJust read issue 2 and that was a really exciting issue!

Spoiler
Praetorian, pathogen urns and synth vs xeno slugfest!
[close]

So far this arc has started out very strong. If the story telling stays consistent for the remaining 4 issues this will easily be my favorite arc from Marvel.

Yeah, I'm enjoying Icarus so far as well. I'm really happy to have some actual artwork in this run. Really digging Ohta's style for this arc! Am curious to see where they go with the direction. I'm betting the

Spoiler
survivors are genetically modified with some variation or derivative of the accelerant.
[close]

https://twitter.com/JuliusOhta/status/1585309403615744001

Engineer

Quote from: SiL on Sep 02, 2022, 04:33:04 AMAlso what films have the comic artists and writers been watching that they think this is how Aliens kill people.

They bite you in the head or they explode out of your chest, they've never been for this slasher movie nonsense.

Poor Parker... all he wanted to do was eat lambert but big chap beat him to it (slasher deaths 😜)

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 19, 2022, 07:19:00 PMI'm kinda okay with them going the Perfected rout (term introduced in the RPG), I just hope they will be more consistent with the pathogen's use (what the RPG and Alex White put back on track) unlike the latest novel and Aliens Fireteam Elite. 
AFE's Pathogen is fine with lots of eye squinting, I guess it's good that they leave it super vague in it

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

ALIEN #6
Variant Cover by JAMES HARREN • Variant Cover by NIC KLEIN
DEATH IS INEVITABLE!
Steel Team is in fragments. Scores of innocent humans are dead after surviving years on an irradiated rock. A new kind of Xenomorph is emerging...hunting...killing. It's all built to this. Is this the end – or beginning – of a new horror?

SHE'S HERE THE GODDESS  THE WOMAN/ONE IN THE DARK 

Kradan

Pffft, nowhere near as good as Sal's. They need to get him back, to maintain the quality level, for Christ's sake

PAS Spinelli

Can they f**k off with this fursona of theirs

Prez

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Nov 17, 2022, 06:58:24 PMhttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/759468956644802570/1042875336792232050/1668710481708148.jpg
ALIEN #6
Variant Cover by JAMES HARREN • Variant Cover by NIC KLEIN
DEATH IS INEVITABLE!
Steel Team is in fragments. Scores of innocent humans are dead after surviving years on an irradiated rock. A new kind of Xenomorph is emerging...hunting...killing. It's all built to this. Is this the end – or beginning – of a new horror?

SHE'S HERE THE GODDESS  THE WOMAN/ONE IN THE DARK 

The two lads on all fours are giving me a AVP movie vibe. I've yet to kick on in this series since the first run. I see `Sil MkII' is still involved.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed