Stasis Interrupted DLC Walkthroughs & Discussion [Spoilers]

Started by ikarop, Jul 23, 2013, 05:26:20 PM

Author
Stasis Interrupted DLC Walkthroughs & Discussion [Spoilers] (Read 82,327 times)

Killa-Hawke

Ummmm....random guy in his underwear......didn't see that coming

SM

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 24, 2013, 01:01:19 AM
According to the subtitles, it's 'Turk'. He's the one who was helping to revive Hicks.

Other survivor is 'Stone'.

Oh yeah - got the subtitles mixed up.

Local Trouble

Didn't you say the facehugger could only be on Hicks (or, I guess, Turk)?

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Killa-Hawke on Jul 24, 2013, 01:03:21 AM
Ummmm....random guy in his underwear......didn't see that coming

This was what Pitchford, Neumann and the rest were promising you would make 'Alien 3' a better movie. Don't you go disrespecting their genius writing skills. >:(

JokersWarPig

Is it worth the $10? That's all I really want to know before I commit

SM

QuoteThis was what Pitchford, Neumann and the rest were promising you would make 'Alien 3' a better movie. Don't you go disrespecting their genius writing skills.

Word, bitch!

QuoteDidn't you say the facehugger could only be on Hicks (or, I guess, Turk)?

Based on the Alien3 title sequence and the lack of hugger on Ripley or Newt, yeah.

Local Trouble

Then I'm confused.  ???

SM

Xenomorphine

Jarac

Jarac

Quote from: stemot on Jul 24, 2013, 12:10:19 AM
How Hicks Survived:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mquByeLRYNM#

Really? f**king really? Ripley somehow Ripley manages to survive acid damage from the Facehugger's acid splash (not to mention having a bullet put into her brain)? Then that explanation for who was in the cryotube... OMG, that part when the Merc put Turk in the tube made me laugh my ass off so hard you could hear it throughout my house - it was that loud. I mean, the DLC seems better than the rest of the Colonial Marines garbage but my God... I just can't treat this as Canon. I mean hey, FOX doesn't give a crap so why should I?  ;D

I'll cut 'em some slack, the DLC seems MILES better than the main game. But Gearbox... never touch this franchise again. Ever.

SM

The WY guy should've done an Arnie when he put Turk on the tube.

"Sleep id ahf"

Jarac

Quote from: SM on Jul 24, 2013, 02:09:40 AM
The WY guy should've done an Arnie when he put Turk on the tube.

"Sleep id ahf"

Now that would have been hilarious! I mean, I don't think that scene is meant to be taken seriously. It's just too ridiculous to be serious.

Xenomorphine

And after checking, they still haven't bothered to match up the Sulaco's female computer voice...

Bishop repeats it with an English accent. This one's American. And it's meant to be the exact same verbal announcement.

So, yeah, if you want an obvious reason to say 'canon break' for this new content, that's probably the most obvious one, right there.

SM

*cough*

Quote from: SM on Jul 23, 2013, 11:31:18 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 23, 2013, 09:15:02 PM
Quote from: Stringer2355 on Jul 23, 2013, 08:57:44 PM

Canon!

Spoiler
*sniff* She's standing in the wrong place compared to the film.
[close]

Spoiler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mquByeLRYNM
This can only really qualify as an interesting 'what if' because it in no way resembles the film.  Couldn't they even get the woman to attempt a Pommy accent for the computer.
[close]

The smoke detector doesn't even look close to the film one either.

Local Trouble

New canon takes precedence over old canon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed