Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 102,221 times)

BlueMarsalis79

Because it's AVP Requiem

Master Chief

Quote from: judge death on Aug 04, 2022, 05:49:10 PMOh wait?! Yeah we had a dog in AVPR, why in hell didnt they movie makers use that to add the alien runner into the movie? We could had the predalien, warriors and 1 runner running around, we have ADI afterall involved. Thats a golden oppurtonity gone :O

It was planned, but as Kraden stated, no money, no Butch being used to serve as host to give birth to a Runner.

Kradan

Kradan

I mean, if scene gives me a bonner, that's gotta be a positive, right ?

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

I find the AVP films to be oddly entertaining. I mean I am not gonna lie, both films are by no means "good" in the conventional sense. But as for whether it entertained me, it somehow did. And what's even more weird is that I kinda find AVPR to be more entertaining than AVP, even though its considered by most critics and fans as the absolute nadir of the Alien and Predator films.

AVPR, aka "Adventures of Pizza Boy"...yeah it has a stupid story set on Earth with characters I really could not care less about and with lighting that is so dark I could barely see what was going on most of the time. But the actual scenes of the "Wolf" predator going against the Aliens...I actually found it was kinda cool. I actually liked it.

AVP...yeah director Paul W.S Anderson has a notorious reputation in the world of gamers as a talentless hack who ruined their video games with awful movie adaptations. And who unlike the even more terrible Uwe Boll, somehow managed to remain in the good graces of Hollywood producers. But AVP...I found it actually had an interesting premise, with a hidden pyramid set in Antartica. The execution was the problem. Again, with human characters I want the alien and predators to kill off, stupid dialogue and idiotic plot about Alexa allying herself with the Scar Predator, I remember being in the audience and people were erupting with derisive laughter at that scene.

Yet...despite all those bad points, I still can't really hate AVP. I like the alien and predator designs in the film. I thought Scar Predator was a badas*. I enjoyed how Scar took out the Aliens with his shoulder cannon. The movie is a sort of guilty pleasure for me.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 12, 2022, 09:59:56 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yASIi3he0EA
I mean, if scene gives me a bonner, that's gotta be a positive, right ?

It's a hard positive yeah.

Master Chief

And then Dale interrupts and is proud to say, "Just remember, Ricky.  I taught this little slut everything she knows." smh

BigDaddyJohn

Ah Dale. What a great character.

Kradan

Felt great when he got acid splashed all over his face

Master Chief

I mean, was he really too stupid to talk?

(Bad Blood)

I actually liked a good portion of AVPR, Wolf is one of my favorite predators, the xenos looked pretty good, especially the heads, the action was epic, the use of never before seen Predator tech was a nice thing and my favorite part..seeing the Predator home world, that was awesome.

[cancerblack]

BlueMarsalis79

It's the worst they ever looked, AVP not far behind, for something positive though the best things that worked about Wolf survived into Feral.

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 14, 2022, 06:36:12 PM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 14, 2022, 04:43:19 AMthe xenos looked pretty good

Hard disagree.
I was being polite lol, To me even the worst Alien designs are better than most creature designs out there.

[cancerblack]

Fair enough, although the AvPR ones are pretty egregious. A fair bit of that is the acting paired with the design though. A pair of decidedly stubby/chubby Aliens forgetting they have limbs and tails while Wolf grips them and poses dramatically is genuinely laughable.

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 14, 2022, 09:54:52 PMFair enough, although the AvPR ones are pretty egregious. A fair bit of that is the acting paired with the design though. A pair of decidedly stubby/chubby Aliens forgetting they have limbs and tails while Wolf grips them and poses dramatically is genuinely laughable.
Agreed, I was thinking to myself, no retaliation from these aliens? He's holding them in his grip and no tail stabbing or clawing?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed