Alien vs. Predator (Atari Jaguar) - Super Thread

Started by OpenMaw, Jun 03, 2018, 07:43:53 AM

Author
Alien vs. Predator (Atari Jaguar) - Super Thread (Read 33,075 times)

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 13, 2020, 04:18:10 PM
Am I being thick here? I went into the elevator outside the brig and managed to get to Sub-Level 1 but I can't seem to get it to go back up  ???

Are you sure you are in the right one? There are two. One can move across all levels and the other one between L1-3 only (another one operates between L4-5 only in the same vertical shaft). The top floor of the base is Sub-Level 1 and the bottom one is S-L 5. Just press 'down' and 'interaction' buttons at the same time inside the elevator to go down.

Also read a game manual.

https://atariage.com/manual_thumbs.php?SoftwareID=2538

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

It's been a while but if I remember correctly, not all elevators work on all levels.

* The great MoleStar beat me to it!

molasar

molasar

Here is something I saw already a long time ago but I do not remember if these were shared before on the forum.

A couple of scans from Die Hard Game Fan Magazine showing unused intro/ending images.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: molasar on Jan 13, 2020, 04:37:48 PM
Also read a game manual.

lol  :laugh: I completely even forgot this was a thing. I'll read the manual and stop asking stupid questions. Thanks for sharing the magazine article btw!

I've re-titled the thread as a catch all for the Jag version.

Quote from: molasar on Jan 13, 2020, 06:12:26 PM

Motion tracker on the Lynx is interesting. It's interesting that that concept has excited that far back, but still no-one has pulled it off. IIRC they were on about doing that for ACM on the Wii U.

molasar

molasar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 14, 2020, 08:09:56 AM
Motion tracker on the Lynx is interesting. It's interesting that that concept has excited that far back, but still no-one has pulled it off. IIRC they were on about doing that for ACM on the Wii U.

Yes, a screen of the controller for this and as a hacking device.

Something similar was used in Metal Gear Solid V games in a way that you could use your iOS or Android devices as a live tactical map. I have tried it but personally I preferred using an in-game map.

Probably the motion tracker feature would be the most practical in an Alien VR game.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I think practically it'd be way better within a VR environment. But it's still a novelty idea I'm surprised just hasn't been tried in the real world yet.

Getting the hang of playing this now. It does wonders reading the f**king manual. Managed to actually find the 2nd security card, and am now investigating Sub-Level 2. Need the 4th card to get into the armories though.

426Buddy

I have the first three cards and pulse rifle finally. This game is really difficult lol, but it is a bit easier after getting the pulse rifle.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 19, 2020, 02:07:11 PM
I have the first three cards and pulse rifle finally. This game is really difficult lol, but it is a bit easier after getting the pulse rifle.

I tend to find older games pretty hard myself. I'm currently just wandering around the Training Maze, looking for the 4th card. Feel like I've searched everywhere apart from the vents.

426Buddy

I just got the 4th card in the training maze myself. Took forever to find the guy but he's in there.

Corporal Hicks

Not in the vents?

426Buddy

nope not in the vents, he was in a room in the middle of the training maze somewhere.

Corporal Hicks

Rightio, thanks. I'll keep looking. lol

Voodoo Magic

Hopefully the keycard placement isn't random too...

Corporal Hicks

I don't think it is. At least the first one is always in the same place.

molasar

molasar

I do not remember that much, but I believe some low level cards are available at more than one place and you do not need to collect all of them in numeric order as they work by level clearance access i.e. once you get a level 10 card, you cannot pick up any lower level one for example.

BTW, if you use a Phoenix emulator freeze save state, be careful with it and always close it by its proper exit option as it uses one file for saves in real time. So it can become corrupted.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed